22

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[Shinhye’s POV]

 

SNSD’s Seohyun receives a bicycle from CNBlue’s Jung Yonghwa for Christmas

Nothing new. She looks pretty in that picture. The bike seems good too, it looks expensive. It seems that their relationship’s still going great, judging from this article. So, what’s the point of Yonghwa saying all those things to me? All of his apologetic words quite long ago, were he being sincere?

I let out a sigh and close the window on that insignificant article.

“Shinhye? Park Shinhye?” I quickly look up to the voice from the door and keep my phone back into my bag.

“Yes? Are you my teacher?”

“I’m Jinyoung, your new vocal teacher. You know that your usual teacher, Songyi is on her honeymoon, right? Nice to meet you. Now, let’s get to our business shall we?”

I nod and try to throw away unnecessary thoughts from my head and focus.

I’m going to be a singer soon.

 

_____

 

I glance at my watch and it’s almost 5. It’s Christmas Eve and I haven’t bought any gifts for my family yet! I’ve been so busy lately for my practice that I didn’t have time to care about presents. I fasten my pace towards the elevator and to my luck it’s about to close. If I run a little bit more...

 

“Wait!”

Lucky am I. I made it.

“Thank you… Oh.”

Suddenly, the atmosphere turns tense after I saw his face.

“Hey. Done with the day as well?” He asks, showing me a faint smile. The elevator slowly closes and there left only the two of us.

My heart’s acting weird again.

“It’s Christmas tomorrow.” He speaks again and sighs. I look down, I have nothing to say.

“Send my Christmas regards to your family. I miss eating your mum’s cooking, especially. Her baked potatoes on Christmas Eve are the best.”

Suddenly, the feeling of anger mixed with sadness rises into my chest. All of the sudden, he’s bringing up the past when I feel he doesn’t deserve to speak about that ever again.

“Really? Ahh, you still remember that? I’m surprised. I thought you’re happy with your life now, Yonghwa-shi. What did your girlfriend give you? She got a bike, so I bet she’s going to return something grander…” I answer, intending to mock him but instead, I get a laugh from him.

“When I think of it, to compare the life I used to have before and now, I’d choose our old times. I wish I can spend this Christmas with you.” He sighs but still, keeping that odd smile on his face.

“Well, at least I should give you a present right?”

Yonghwa then takes off his scarf from his neck and wraps it around mine.

 

“Merry Christmas, Shinhye-ya . It’s cold nowadays. Don’t get sick now, okay?” He says before walking away. I’m dumbfounded and flushed as well but before I could answer him back, the elevator opens. Tears start to pool in my eyes again but I hold them back.

But his scarf, it’s really warm.

 

 

 

“Shinhye!”

That’s the first voice I hear when I get out from the company’s main entrance. A smile creeps onto my face as I see Soohyun walking fast towards me. Snow’s falling at the moment and truthfully, he really looks like an angel who just ca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter