08

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

[Soohyun’s POV]

 

 

I notice Shinhye’s getting weirder since we went back inside the hall. I thought she’s getting better after we talked at the garden and I could see she did at first. But I can feel that sadness’ still coating her heart the longer we’re inside. I can see it from her face.

 

‘Are you sure you’re alright?’ I ask just to receive a nod from her.

‘Gaja!’ She holds my hand and pulls me towards the dance floor. This’s just so weird. At first she said that she didn’t want to dance and now she’s dragging me to dance? What’s she up to?

 

 

And there we are, at the center of the dance floor. However, the crowd’s attentions are at the idol couple, who are now kissing each other. Well, that’s a bit of a shameless act to me..

 

‘So.. Can I have this dance?’ I stupidly ask and offer her my hand after a while standing awkwardly at that spot. I stare at Shinhye’s eyes while waiting for answer. Somehow, I can see some kind of sorrow in them. I can’t deny that a part of me really wants to get rid of that sadness in her eyes.

‘Oh.. But I can’t really dance..’ She stutters while her eyes are roaming wildly around the place. I’m guessing that she’s trying to avoid my eyes.

‘Park Shinhye-shi.. You’re the one who brought me here and now you’re telling me you don’t know how to dance?’ I chuckle at her flushed face right after I said those words.

‘I’m sorry..’

‘Take my hand. I’ll forgive you if you do.’

 

Finally, she takes my hand. My heart starts to beat faster at her response. Carefully, I put her hand on my shoulder. My hands automatically take her other hand and placed it on my other shoulder. Right after that, I hesitantly wrap my hands around her slim waist. No one knows how nervous I am right now. Gosh, Kim Soohyun. You need to stop with all these funny feelings..

I can’t feel anything anymore as we sway along with the sound of music. Her face’s the only thing that I can see. How beautiful she looks.. Her perfect features. Those lips…

 

 

‘Ouch!’ A yelp just escaped from my mouth as I can feel a sharp pain on my foot. I quickly release my hold of Shinhye and reach for the pain down below.

‘Omo! Soohyun-shi! I’m really sorry!’ I try to hold my pain I’m feeling and look at Shinhye. She’s covering . Oh, she just stepped on my foot..

‘Oh-I’m-o-kay!’ I force a smile and try to stand still. I even show her an ‘O’ sign. Oh, wow Kim Soohyun. Good job. You practically look like an idiot in front of Shinhye. Way to go..

‘Let me look at your foot.’

‘No. I’m okay. No big deal. Hey, these shoes are made of thick leather. In-In fact, I didn’t feel anything at all. Oh, Shinhye-shi. Did you just stepped on my foot? I’m sorry because I didn’t even notice.’ I laugh like an idiot I am. Well, you’re definitely the worse liar ever.

 

She pa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter