04

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Soohyun’s POV]

 

She blinks her eyes a few times at my question. Well, it’s definitely too late to take it all back now.

‘But I’m still in my working shift, so I don’t think I can..’

Suddenly, I feel a little dumb.

‘Ahaha.. Not right now..’ I scratch my non itchy head.

‘What I meant was, on some other day.’ I try my best to explain in the most decent way so that she won’t misunderstand my intentions.

I can see she’s ow-ing at my remarks. My heart still doesn’t stop pounding hard.

‘Where to?’

‘You see, it’s where.. You know.. People, I mean a dinner or some sort.’ I look down on the floor, like my answer’s written on it.

‘Dinner?’

‘There’re lots of people there too. An annual charity night. It’ll be this weekend.’ I finally gather some courage to look at her face and grin like an idiot. She’s looking at me in curiosity.

‘I guess I have nothing to do this weekend but Soohyun-shi, why me? I mean, we’ve only known each other since last night..’ Her voice goes softer and it slowly fades.

‘Because…  Because I have no one else to bring?’ I speak like I’m questioning someone. I sounded so stupid.

I notice she hesitates for a while.

‘Get ready for your rejection, Kim Soohyun.’

 

‘I guess I can go…’

 

I don’t hear anything else after that. She agreed? Really? I feel like flying, my world’s gotten brighter and my head’s become lighter.

 

 

‘Soohyun-shi?’

‘Neh?’ Like being snapped to the real world, I finally respond to her.

‘So, is it a formal one? Do I have to wear a dress or something?’

Both of us are sitting at the table since it’s just the two of us inside the shop.

‘I guess so…’

‘Ah, really?’ She looks like her mood is down.

‘Waeyo? Don’t you have any pretty dress?’

‘No.. It’s just. Nothing.’ She laughs awkwardly and sips her coffee on the table. And soon after that, a customer suddenly enters the shop and Shinhye quickly gets up to serve him.

 

 

I don’t know I long I’ve stayed inside the coffee shop. It’s almost morning now. When Shinhye asked me why I was still lingering around that place, I ju

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter