01

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Someone’s POV]

 

The cool night breeze brushes my hair softly as I am on my way along the same old road which I always go through every day.

The weird thing is, I can just simply take the shorter route home but there’s one place that I always stop by. If I didn’t go to that place, I felt my day’s incomplete.

My rusty old motorcycle stops in front of a coffee shop. The place’s not that big, totally fits my style. I don’t like something that’s too extravagant and exaggerated. Maybe that’s why I refused to replace this rotten bike with a newer one.

 

I think of myself as a stalker perhaps, for coming here every single day. A sip of Americano or Cappuccino is a must to complete my day but sometimes I’m not certain.

I’m unsure whether I come here for a cup of coffee or just to take a look at her face, her smile. And especially hearing her honey-like voice when she asks me what I would like to order. Crazy much? But I hope she didn’t notice.

People might wonder how and why I’m attracted to her when I don’t even know her name. She just catches my eyes since the first time that I saw her here, at this same place. Like something’s drawing me, pulling me closer towards her.

What people say is probably true. Love just comes by unexpectedly without any reason. Wait. Love? I guess I went a little too far. I think it’s not up to that point yet. She just interests me and I want to know more about her. Nothing more than that. I hope.

 

 

As I walk towards the front door, my heart’s starting to race. It always does whenever I’m close to this place. Carefully, I push the transparent glass door in front of me and there, I can see her standing blankly behind the counter.

The stimulating aroma of coffee beans goes through my nose. How I love that fragrance. No one’s inside except for us, maybe because it’s already late at night.

She’s just stunning as ever, but her face seems different today. Sadness is smearing all over her eyes, she’s crying. Seeing her like that, my heart feels like it is being poked with hundreds of needles. Nervously, I take a few steps closer towards the counter.

 

‘Excuse me.’ My sudden voice seems to shock her a bit as she hurriedly wipes her teary eyes with the back of her sleeves. She is feeling sad, I know it.

‘Oh, hello, Sir. What would you like tonight? The same as usual?’ Her smile appears fake, I can see it.

‘Neh.’ I replied blandly. The truth is I wanted to ask her what’

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter