.39

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Author’s POV

Little Kim Soohyun weakly went down on his knees when he saw the lifeless bird on the muddy ground in front of his home. Childish tears pooled in his eyes when he gently picked the bird up into his palm and when its head limply went down, the boy immediately burst into tears.

His grandfather knelt down beside him and had his arms around his shoulders, consoling the wretched boy.

“I’m such a bad boy. I should’ve let it go.” He sobbed like a kid he was.

“It’s okay. Now, it’s finally free. Put it down, dear and let it go forever.”

When the dirt covered the dead little bird, Soohyun took a flower he plucked from his grandfather’s garden and put it onto the bird’s grave.

Regret never left his innocent soul.

 

 

Park Shinhye was just like that bird, he thought. And when he saw her motionless figure lying on the bed with the numerous wires on her body and breathing only with the support of the ventilator made him think of the incident that happened more than 20 years ago with his precious late grandfather.

The car accident happened and thankfully, he only got minor injuries from the crash but Shinhye suffered the most injury onto her body. This was the fifth day and she still didn’t wake up.

He felt guilty. If that precious girl died, he also wanted to die with her.

 

 

“Shinhye?”

He noticed her twitching fingers and when her eyes slowly went to an open, Soohyun felt a sudden urge of happiness in his chest. He held her hand tighter just to be pushed away by her.

“Why are you here? Where am I?” She asked hatefully, eyes roaming around the white room. There was only Kim Soohy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter