17

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

[Soohyun’s POV]

 

I take a deep breath and straighten my posture. Heat racing, I raise my hand and press the doorbell, hoping that she would open this wooden door and appear before my eyes, complete with her sweetest smile. It happens but her face, she’s frowning as if she’s not welcoming me to her house.

‘I already told you! Get lost –‘ She doesn’t finish her words when she looks at me. Her expression suddenly changes as she’s wiping away the look of hate into a look of sorry.

‘Oh, Soohyun-ah.. I’m sorry. I thought that you’re someone else. Come in.’

I was so scared when she shot the horrible stare at me because I knew, I was afraid if I would lose her forever but realizing that it’s not meant for me, I felt relieved. Whoever that person was, I felt so sorry for him.

 

‘Who came by before?’ I ask after I sat on a sofa at the living room.

‘Nobody. Wait here, okay? I’ll go and get my purse.’

And so, she leaves upstairs to her room probably. I glance at my watch and it’s almost noon. My legs are shaking in anxiety as I eye the spot in Shinhye’s house thoroughly. It’s just a typical house, picture frames on the side table and a family portrait hanging on the wall. Then, I saw her, young Shinhye with her parents and brother. They seem like a happy family, different from mine.

 

 

‘Omo, hello there.’ My thoughts are shaken off when I heard a female’s voice. I immediately stand up when I saw a middle aged lady in her apron, smiling warmly at me. It’s Shinhye’s mum, just like what I saw in the family portrait but the difference is she looks a little older with wrinkles on her forehead.

‘Hello, Ommonim.’ I bow to her respectfully but then, I could feel that she’s holding my arms, urging me to look up.

‘Aigoo, you’re so handsome…! You’re probably Shinhye’s friend. Nice to meet you, I’m Shinhye’s mother.’

‘Nice to meet you, I’m Kim Soohyun.’ I show her my toothy grin and hold her warm hands. She’s not that much different from Shinhye and now I know where Shinhye got her pleasantness from.

 

‘Hyung!’ I almost jumped in shock at the sudden shriek upstairs and the stairs are shaken off by the heavy footsteps coming down the living room. After a while, I saw a young boy with a girly face grinning happily at me. He hurriedly runs towards me and hugs me tight.

‘Brother in law! Woah, you’re so bulky!’

‘Yah, Park Taemin! Show respect to our guest here…’ Shinhye’s mother speaks, hitting his son’s hips. The boy slowly lets go and bows to me. I can’t help chuckling from his acts. He’s probably Shinhye’s infamous little brother.

 

‘Soohyun-ah! Yah, Taemin! I thought you’re studying in your room. You’re annoying

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter