02

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Shinhye’s POV]

 

It’s almost morning when I’m walking at the sidewalk. The sun will rise any time by now, meaning my shift’s over for today but weirdly, I don’t feel sleepy at all. And believe me, cappuccino never made me drowsy. I know it’s weird but it just happens.

Another few blocks and I’ll be home in a jiffy and still, I can’t get over Yonghwa’s words and his face when he talks about that girl. How happy he looked and that made my heart even more wounded.

So the rumors about them are true. Since they’re working together in that reality show, i guess Yonghwa’s already charmed by her. Well, who can blame him? She’s pretty and nice, I think. She’s prefect for him. She’s an idol from the biggest girl group in the nation and me? I’m just.. a person.

 

 

‘I promise I will never forget about you. Wait for me, okay?’ He showed me his pinky. I just chuckled at his acts.

‘Araso.’ Our pinkies intertwined, along with our promise to never forget about each other.

 

 

I sigh upon remembering that moment. It was the day before he made his official debut, when we were at our secret favourite spot. That’s the place where he would sing his songs that he had written for me. Everything.. Everything seems wasted.

I just can’t believe he’s forgotten about his promise. Suddenly, the pain in my heart stings again. I look down on the road all the time, trying to hide my teary eyes.

 

Unknowingly, my feet stop. I look up and surprisingly, I’m already in front of my home. My sight is wandering about my old house. It’s not that big, not that small. I’m happy taking shelter in it for almost ten years. At least, I have my family and I know that’s enough.

I take a deep breath and let it go, wiping the tears in my eyes. After I’m confident enough, I step to the front door and make my way inside.

 

 

[Soohyun’s POV]

 

‘Are you sure you don’t want a ride home?’

‘No thanks.’

‘I know this motorcycle’s a bit old, I guess this doesn’t fit you..’

‘No. In fact, I think your bike’s kinda cute. What I mean is, we’ve just known each other and..’ She looked down, I guess she’s thinking about what to say next.

‘Ah.. No. Actually, you’re right. Sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable.’ I scratched my head. God, Kim Soohyun. You really need to get a hold of yourself. She must’ve thought that I’m a crazy pushover freak or something.

B

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter