.30

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter song: Love is Crying by K.Will

 

Loving something doesn’t mean that you have to own it. To love someone means to let go.

Kim Soohyun squeezes his eyes shut upon remembering the words his late grandfather used to say. When he was a little boy, he brought back an injured bird to his house. He kept that small bird in a cage and when his grandfather saw that poor bird, he told him to let go.

“He has his family, Soohyun-ah… They must be waiting for him.”

“But I like this bird, Haraboji. A lot.” He whined while scrunching his grandfather’s plaid shirt. His tears started to roll down his cheeks and onto his grandfather's shirt as he tightened his hold onto him.

That’s when his grandfather said those words to him. He didn’t understand that at first but when he grew up and after his beloved grandfather died, he started to comprehend. He should let go so that the things he loved would go to a better place.

But with that particular girl, he doesn’t want to understand. To him, the best place for her to be is in arms, not another man's. Especially Jung Yonghwa.

 

 

He grabs his cellphone and dialed her number. His car is already in front of the building where Shinhye works but he doesn’t want to get off yet.

“Hello? Shinhye-ah, how are you?”

“I-I’m fine.” The way she spoke, Soohyun thought that there’s something wrong.

“Where are you?”

“I’m on my way to the company.”

As soon as she said those words, he can see her reflection from his side mirror of his car. When he gets off of his metallic blue car, all he hoped for is Shinhye to feel okay but to his disappointment, she doesn’t look good.

Her eyes are swollen, she looks pale. Soohyun feels like cursing himself and also Jung Yonghwa.

 

 

“It’s been a year, Shinhye-ya. Why’re you still like this?”

She can only look down at his question. She also doesn’t know why. Shinhye hasn’t seen Yonghwa for that period of time and all she could do was cried. That broken man just vanished, he has quieted himself down ever since that horrible scandal happened but still, Shinhye couldn’t seem to forget.

It’s like the scene of him crying in front of her a year ago just happened yesterday.

“I just need some more time.”

Kim Soohyun clenches his teeth upon hearing her answer. How much more time that she need? He thought by getting rid of that bastard would make her forget but it turns out that she’s getting worse. Soohyun doesn’t know for how long he can be patient.

“You need to take a day off. I’ll call your boss.” He takes out his phone, wanting to have a long talk with Shinhye but she quickly takes his wrist.

“No, no need. I want to busy myself with work, I’ll feel better.”

“No, you have to come with me.”

It’s Soohyun’s turn to take her wrist and pull her into his car that Shinhye can’t resist.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter