03

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

[Shinhye’s POV]

 

My hopes vanish when I read the text message. It’s not from him but my best friend, Boyoung.

 

‘Hey, I’ve heard what happened with Yonghwa. Are you okay? I tried to call you several times. Please call me back.’

From: Boyoung

 

I hit the call button and in just seconds, she picks my call.

 

‘Yah! Gwenchana?! That Yonghwa freak! I’m going to get him. How could he do that? My god..’ He voice screams through my ears. She’s always like that. So loud and hyper. Maybe that’s why we fit each other. Well, we’re best friends since high school and we technically know all of each other’s secrets.

I can understand her feelings. If this happened to her, I’ll probably do the same thing.

 

‘Aniyo. I’m fine.’ I lie and I don’t know why myself. Maybe I want to show everyone including my best friend that I’m fine. I already expect things like this would happen, so I’m fine. Right?

 

‘Liar! I know you’re not. Want me to come to your house?’ She sounds worried.

 

‘No, it’s okay. I’m going to sleep too afterwards, so there’s no point of coming anyways.’ I let out a fake laugh but somehow, my heart hurt.

 

‘You know, I still don’t believe you but if you say so, then I guess I’ll let you have some time for yourself. But if you need anything, just call me, okay?’

 

I don’t say anything and cut the line off because I feel like I can’t speak anymore. As if there’s a lump on my throat. Suddenly, I feel like tearing up. Not because of Yonghwa but because of Boyoung, She’s such a good friend. She’s always there for me but me? I always let her down.

 

I crawl up to my bed and force myself to sleep.

 

 

[Yonghwa’s POV]

 

‘Hyung!’

 

I turn to Minhyuk who’s calling for me. We’re in front of our company and I guess I’m left behind because I was replying Seohyun’s text.

Her good morning text makes my heart flutter. But somehow, I feel guilty towards Shinhye. Should I text her?

 

‘Yonghwa Hyung!’

 

‘Neh!’ I yell at that boy. He’s such an impatient kid. I shut my phone and slip it into my pocket.

 

Mayb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter