.35

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter song: Sorry by Juniel

 

 

Author’s POV

“W-What did you say?” Her voice sounded like a desperate gasp, choking for air and she doubts that anyone could hear. Too shocked, Park Shinhye hopes that she had misheard that word.

“I just can’t hold it in anymore. Why should we hide this great news to your family?”

She can only blink at him, to her parents, her little brother and back to him. She’s confused, looking into his cheery façade, his innocent smile and she tries to recall back things that happened between them recently. Did they ever talk about this absurd matter? Have they mentioned that particular word before?

No, she’s more than sure that they have never agreed on anything especially about that specific word.

 

“Are you sure you’re not pregnant, Park Shinhye?” Her father’s deep voice shook her. She shivers badly when she heard that ridiculous question that she can’t open to answer it properly.

All she does is mumbling, stuttering absurdities that no one can understand but then, she can feel his cold hand on top of hers.

“Trust me, Abeonim, Ommonim. Like I told you before, Shinhye’s not pregnant yet. We’re just deeply in love. I’ll make your daughter happy, I can assure you that.”

 

 

Park Shinhye is extremely dumbfounded. Seeing her parents’ unhappy and shocked faces, grasping the ludicrous nonsense that she’s going to be someone else’s wife soon… She clearly couldn’t think, couldn’t speak coherent and logical words up until Soohyun pulled her to the front gate of her house.

“W-What just happened?” She mumbles and looks into his eyes.

“I’m sorry if it seemed rushed…”

“Rushed?! We’ve never agreed on anything, Kim Soohyun!”

She finally explodes, releasing the overwhelming feels that she kept since that word ‘wedding’ was mentioned. No, she doesn’t want to get married now, not at this time being and most importantly, she’s sure that she doesn’t want to get married to him.

She feels sick even at the thought of it.

 

“For all these while, I gave you time, I gave you space. I just can’t wait anymore. You’re mine, Park Shinhye.”

His last sentence gives her cold shivers to her spine. Suddenly, she feels scared when she looks into his dark sullen eyes. This is not the warm humble scooter boy that he had known at the coffee shop a few years ago, that boy had changed into a monster.

“You-you’re crazy.” She whispers and takes a step back but he quickly caught her wrist before she was able to do so.

“Quit your job. Leave your company. I don’t want you to be involved with that bastard anymore.”

 

He knows, Shinhye thought. He knows that Yonghwa’s back.

She tries to escape from his tightening grip but he’s just too strong, too strong that it starts to hurt.

“I’ll tell your boss about you soon. Everyone should know about us. Don’t ever try to run from me, don’t try to do anyt

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter