.28

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Chapter's song: Walk Backwards by 2Bic

 

Shinhye’s POV

“It’s just that everything seems so unreal for me…”

It does. Today feels like a dream, no, more like a nightmare. Seeing Yonghwa bleeding, hurting like that was something that I’d never dreamed of. His figure flashes through my mind, his smiley façade, clad in his school uniform and his guitar behind his back. The way he always offered his hand for me, I still remember it clearly that I can’t help but to feel tears in my eyes all over again.

But then, I snap when I feel something on my cheek. To my surprise, Soohyun’s face is so close to mine that I can’t help but to jerk back and push his body away.

“Wh. what are you doing?” I stutter as I scoot away from him.

“Shin-shinhye-ya…”

He seems flustered since I notice that his sight’s roaming wildly around and I hope he finds a good explanation because I’m a little afraid of his actions.

 

“I was just. There’s something on your face. I was just trying to wipe it off.”

I quickly rub my face with my palm and stand up from the couch. His answer’s not convincing to me and my mind’s starting to think of other possible reasons. And all of them are bad.

“Thanks for this. It’s late. Please leave.”

“Shinhye-ya…”

“Please. Leave.” My tone’s stern and firm. I don’t like what he had done before and this night’s been worse enough. I can hear him sighing and soon after that, he leaves.

My heart’s not at ease as I stare at the empty corner of the living room.

Did Soohyun tried to kiss me before?

 

 

Soohyun’s POV

I was this close. Damn, I was so stupid before. What was I thinking? Hearing Shinhye speaking to me in that kind of manner before scared the hell out of me. I don’t want to lose her. I’ve come this far and I just can’t let her slip away just because of this stupid matter. Hastily, I take out my phone and tap a message.

 

Shinhye-ya, I’m sorry. It’s true. Your eyelash fell on your cheek before. I already told you about it before but you didn’t seem to listen. Sorry if I scared you. I didn’t mean anything bad. Good night. I hope you sleep well.

Sent: 0057

 

I let out another sigh when I tap the send button. But still, I can’t walk away from Shinhye’s door now.

 

-beep-

It’s okay. Good night.

Received: 0130

 

Her reply’s short but I already feel relieved. All these while, I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter