.40

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Listen to One Fine Day by Jung Yonghwa

 

Author’s POV

The sky is clear that day, the subtle warmth of summer softens her heart as Park Shinhye smiles at the sight of the vast blue ocean from the windows of the car. But today feels different, it’s as if it’s a whole new day to her.

How long had it been? A year? Or more?

There was nothing but pain from yesterday and the days before that, physically and mentally. She broke her bones, that monster also broke her emotionally and it was not easy for her to build them all back together again, piece by piece. People say time heals and Shinhye also believes in that saying because it really is true.

She had slowly rebuild herself for the past years. Bad memories haunt her in some nights but she can get over them when she has the people whom she loves by her side.

Future is the only thing that she looks up to and now, she’s confident that nothing will get in her way anymore. The sky isblue and bright, just like how she feels for her future self.

 

Shinhye can feel her phone vibrates.

              

“Congrats on your last day of rehab! Let’s walk more miles together, Shinhye-ya!”

 

There are lots of smilies and emojis, as expected from Park Boyoung, her bestie.

Last day…

Time really passed by so quickly, she thought. It’s as if it was just yesterday that she was on the wheelchair, then the crutches and now, she can finally walk on her own. Plugging in her headphones not too long after, the raven haired girl leans her head onto the window.

 

One fine day, a teary day
A heart aching day because you were so dazzlingly beautiful
One fine day, a day I can never go back to
That day, that day, that day, that day, that day

 

That sweet voice rings through her ears and it doesn’t take long for her to smile widely as she takes a calm deep breath. It’s as if he’s right beside her, whispering the words right to her ears. Even though the lyrics seems to be filled with sorrow and regret, but to her it means so much. No, not sadness but gratitude.

It was a song that was written when they were apart. He was in Jindo at that time, he told her. Regret never left his heart and the song contained all the longing and love he felt for her.

 

“We’re here.”

She snaps when she can feel the car stopped. The taxi slowly fades from her view not too long after she stepped onto the sandy beach beneath her feet. The sound and smell of the ocean immediately soothes her and the warm sun makes that day even better.

Today’s the day, the day she will become a new person.

 

 

 <

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter