.34

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter's song: Without You by Jung Yonghwa

 

Shinhye’s POV

I quietly put my cellphone back onto the spacious desk after looking at the caller ID. The recording room is silent but the sound of my ringtone. I notice that the producers’ gaze are fixed among themselves and I sure know why they do.

“I’m sorry, PD-nimdeul.”

“It’s okay, Shinhye-shi. It is break time… But…” PD Shin pauses.

“Why are you not answering that? I’m sorry if my question sounds rude…” He continues.

“No…”

This is awkward. We are still in the middle of discussing the songs for my debut album, why can’t Soohyun understand? Boldly, I hit the red button and then put it into silent mode like I should have done since I’ve entered this room before.

 

*****

 

A sigh escapes from my mouth after I closed the door to the recording room. As expected, a number of missed calls and texts are left unread for these three hours and they are all from him. Lately, I don’t feel like meeting him, talking to him feels like the last thing that I want to do and so, I avoided him since the dinner at his house the other day. If he offers to give me a ride home, I always told him that I’m already home even though I am still not. If he asks me for dinner together, I refused. It’s either “I’m busy” or “I’m full”.

It’s just Kim Soohyun doesn’t seem like the person whom I used to know, ever since he confessed.

“Shinhye-ya, why are you not answering?”

“Shinhye-ya, you’re home? Or are you still at the company?”

“Shinhye-ya, what are you doing?”

 

I tap the home button, leaving those messages unanswered. There are actually more of them but I don’t feel like reading them right now. I’m tired. It’s already 9 pm when I glance at my watch. I just hope that I won’t bump into Soohyun at the company’s front door tonight but if I do, then I have to hide from him and wait until he goes home by himself like I always do.

 

*click*

 

I snap at the sound of the door clicking not far from where I am.

Dear lord… Is this possible? It’s like I’m dreaming, or am I seeing things since it is already late at night? I automatically hold my breath at the sight of the person before me and it seems like he’s also surprised as I do. Both of us freeze for a while at the sight of each other until I notice that he’s turning back to the door behind him.

“Wait!”

I don’t know why I blurt that word out. Maybe I’m just curious on how he’s doing, or is it because I missed him so bad? He pauses at m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter