16

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

Title Song: 24 Hours Later by 2Bic

 

[Author’s POV]

 

How many days was it? Almost a week maybe that Shinhye starts to live her life like her old ones. Working in a small coffee shop, heartbroken… Yeah, that seems usual.

 

‘Hey…’

The daydreaming girl snaps out from her inner fantasy when she heard the deep but familiar voice in front of her. She wipes away the blank look on her face and replaces it with a warm smile. Now she remembers. She already has this gentleman in front her as a friend. That’s actually the only change that she had, a good one.

‘Oh, you’re here? Haven’t seen you for a while…What would you like? The same as usual?’

‘Sure.’ The handsome fellow answers as he casually looks around the vacant coffee shop while the girl’s filling his order.

‘Shinhye-ya, want to have coffee together? We haven’t done that for quite some time.’ He carefully asks, placing his hopes high and as a friend, Shinhye gladly accepts. Soon, both of them are sitting at a table, facing each other while sipping a cup of warm Cappuccino in that cold but calming night.

 

‘So, I guess I’ll pick you up tomorrow night then?’ The lad hesitatingly starts a conversation while his sight’s roaming outside of the shop through the transparent glass beside them.

‘Sure, but that’s if you want to.’

‘Oh, I’ll be glad to. You know, I never thought that you’d won the meal certificate.’ He exclaims, followed by an awkward laugh. Well, the truth is, he didn’t know what other topic that he could bring up to her other than that same old meal prize.

‘Me too.’ Her short answer makes the atmosphere turns a little awkward but little that Soohyun knew that when he talked about it, she’s reminded at about the things that had happened during the particular night. How had Yonghwa degraded her, how touchy he had been with Seohyun and the way they had sang together. Lots of things happened in one night that they gave her various feelings combined into one. Sad, anger, excited, just name it.

 

‘Hey, can I ask you something?’ Soohyun suddenly asks that Shinhye again, is brought back to the real world from her inner heavy thoughts.

‘Sure.’

‘I’ve seen you working here since these past months that it makes me wonder. Don’t you have any dream? A dream job or something that you always wanted to do? I know it’s a lie if you said that breathing in coffee or working in this stuffy place’s the things that you always want.’

Shinhy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter