20

Fixing A Broken Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

Chapter Song: I Want to be Brave and Break Up by Davichi

 

 

[Shinhye’s POV]

‘Goodbye. Thanks for the meal.’

‘Bye. Be careful on your way.’

I force a smile and close the door. As soon as I did, a heavy sigh escapes from my dry lips when I think of what Soohyun had said earlier. My chest hurts, imagining his proud face when he told Soohyun those words. How heartless.

 

‘Nuna!’ I snap at that shriek. Taemin.

‘So, brother in law’s not dropping by again? Any leftovers?’ His eyes are on my hands, expecting for food or some sort. Typical.

 

Not having the energy to entertain this fella, I ignore Taemin and head straight to my room. I can hear my mother calling my name but I try to ignore and shut my bedroom’s door and lock it.

Silence, I’m alone. That’s when I lean by body against the door and cry by myself. And it’s all because of Jung Yonghwa.

Sorry, heart. I just can’t help it.

 

_________

 

 

Singing, how powerful singing is. Or maybe it’s the power of diehard fans? Or it’s that girl he’s seeing? Either way, he still changed. I sigh, eyeing the small area of the sound proof room. This’s where singers would record songs, that was what Ms. Yun, Soohyun’s friend said to me half an hour ago.  

And now, I’m alone. She left me here to think about the offer to be a part of this company but the truth is, I didn’t even want this when she told me about the bliss of being a superstar. Thinking about how Yonghwa changed because of this kind of life, I quickly said no.

 

‘If it’s not for the money, then think about your talent. Let people out there hear your amazing voice, Shinhye-ssi…’

 

Her words linger inside my head for the longest time. Is my voice that good?

 

 

 

But suddenly, my thoughts are shrugged away when I can hear a soft click from the door. My gaze automatically shifts towards the sound and then, it hit my chest, hard. He seems as shocked as I do and we stay frozen inside the stuffy room for quite a while before he starts to speak.

‘You’re here?’

I look down, realized that I can’t control the rapid beating of my little heart. It’s just the t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter