Why dont you get it yourself?

143 TILL THE END

“Minhee… Minhee-ah” you heard your mother’s voice from downstairs. You covered your ears with your pillow. She kept calling until you shot up “WAE?” you got off your bed and stormed out to the railing. She had a smile on but you could tell it wasn’t her natural smile. “Waeyo?” you asked her as you rubbed your eyes. “You have school and you are running late” she placed your bowl of cereal and milk on the table.

 

“Can I not rest for one single day?” you whined and pouted. You father came out from his room and walked to you. “Minhee-ah why don’t you want to go to school?” he asked and you tried to get excuses in your brain. “I’m feeling sick?” you said it with a confused expression. Your mother dropped the spoon on the table and rushed upstairs. “Is your head aching?” she asked with concern and looked at you with tears.

 

You gave her a weird look and sighed “No I’m feeling great, healthy and strong but I really want to take a rest for today, only today… please?” they were relieved to hear that you were fine. Your father looked at you and asked for confirmation which earned an annoying look and a small nod from you.

 

“Araso, stay home then” you father said and went downstairs for breakfast. Your mother placed her hand in her pocket and pulled out some money. “Min-ah I know it isn’t much but take it and buy want you want if you want to go to town” she smiled and walked down. You held the $20 from her and walked back to the room.

 

You slept for an hour and woke up. ‘They must be gone by now’ you stretched your arms and fixed your hair in a messy pony tail. You took a quick shower before taking a short cut breakfast. Wearing casual and latest trend of clothes, you walked out in your sneakers and breathed in.

 

“Freedom~” you walked to the main path and flagged a cab. From there you reached the town and began your shopping. Walking aimlessly, looking at the latest and expensive brand shoes being worn by people in town made you feel envy. You walked around the area and did what you always do. Every time you exited the stores, you had an extra bag in your hand.

 

You walked to the nearby shop and sat down. “Excuse me, can I have an iced lemon tea please” you ordered and put the bags properly. Your phone rang and you pulled it out from your pocket. “Wae?” you said to the caller, your mother. “Aigoo Minhee can you help eomma with something?” you rolled your eyes.

 

After a bit of nagging and arguing, in the end you agreed to help her. “What do you want?”  You asked and she cleared her voice before instructing. “Are you in town?” she began. “Yeah, you want me to rot at home?” you defended yourself. She chuckled at your freezing cold joke “Can you go to a company where my friend works as the receptionist to get something for me?” she said clearly with an exciting voice.

 

“Yah you have your own legs, did you chop it off at work?” you sighed. “Aegi-ah eomma is busy right now” she said. “Araso, where is that company which your great friend works at?”

“I will send it via text ok?” you pouted.

“Neh, hurry up” you hung up and waited for the text and the drink. “Miss, sorry for the long wait” the waiter gave you your drink. You sipped a bit and sighed. ‘What’s talking her for so long?’

 

*Vibrate*

“Finally” you opened the message,

“No way~”.