Date (?)

143 TILL THE END

You couldn’t keep your eyes off of the person next to you, feeling your cheeks heat up whenever he smiles to himself. “Why are you smiling? You’re weird!” you tried to act normal, to forget the kiss in the elevator. “Hmm?  Me weird? I guess so” he answered with a wide smile. “Aish... weirdo” you rolled your eyes and felt your fingers being interlocked with another. Without looking down, you knew who it was. Who was there beside you anyways, it was ‘The L’

 

Blush heated up your cheeks harder; you bit your lips and pretended to not know about your tomato face. “I want to eat something” you said with an annoyed face. He looked down and chuckled, “you’re weird” he smirked and you raised your eyebrow, “no I’m not. All girls become like this when they are hungry” you pouted and smiled to yourself and played with your fringes. “Alright then, weirdo” he pulled you with him to an unknown direction.

 

Opening the door for you, you entered the luxurious restaurant with a jaw dropping expression. “Why are we here?” you looked around and saw rich people eating their meals quietly. “You complained that you were hungry earlier” he smiled and pushed you lightly to a seat. “But we can go to a----“ you stopped when you remembered, ‘Oh yeah, you’re L. What am I to tell you to eat outside in the vendor unless I want you to get attacked by the crazy fan girls’ you frowned when you stared at the menu given by the waiter.

 

After placing your order to the waiter, the menu was taken away that helped to hide your sad face. L stared at you for a while, “it feels nice right?” he asked with the smile still plastered on his face. You nodded small, “why do you seem so happy all of a sudden? Where is your pokerface?” you were curious to why he is acting like this now, after the kiss just an hour ago.

“I don’t know, I think I found something important in my life” he said and you nodded, even though you didn’t get what he meant. You couldn’t think properly in front of him.

 

“Eat up, let’s go home after” he said and you followed his commands, his sweet commands. You tasted the soup ordered by him and smiled small. It was ginsaeng soup. You were speechless but smiled throughout the meal just because of the herbal soup that was said by the ancestors that ginsaengs are helpful to weak bodies.

Going hand in hand, L stopped few metres away the restaurant and you stared at him until the company van came and you understood everything in your head, ‘he’s L, riding a public transport is dangerous for him’

 

Reaching the dorm, L held your shoulders securely and opened the door with his around you. You could feel the heat from his suit. Walking in, three of the members stared at the door, witnessing the skinship. You quickly pushed him and walked to the sofa to rest. You felt your legs weak and cold sweat formed on your forehead once you sat down. “Hey, what you watching” your eyes focused on the TV, ignoring the idols. Suddenly, your vision blurred, but you didn’t move your eyes away from the screen. Sungyeol poked your waist making your jerk a bit, “are you alright?” he asked and you could hear his words going low. ‘I can’t see and hear properly, who am I to be with L?’

 

You ran off to your room and hugged your pillow to take away the pain that was forming in your heart. A knock was heard and then the door opened. You looked up and saw Woohyun with a worried expression. “What’s wrong?” he asked and you let go of the pillow, hugging him immediately. “I’m scared, Woohyun. My senses are dying” you cried in the hug, your words stabbed his heart like a dagger. He patted your back and comforted you. “Everything will be alright” his eyes gave in and a tear fell down to his cheeks.

 

------------------------

Hours passed and you got up from the blanket that was on top of your body. The doctor’s words hit your head once you got of the bed and walked towards the bookshelf and found a notebook that you had since you left home. Flipping through the pages, you found that nothing was written on it.

 

On the first page, you designed it with glitters and stickers around the word ‘Wish-List’. Going to the next page, you looked at the wall and wrote down few words. Finishing with the wishes, you went back to the first wish and stared at it. ‘Will it happen?’ you closed the book and placed it under your pillows before you went back to sleep, arguing with yourself that you are too much of a burden to carry. 

 

 

The next day came in a blink; you got out of your room and noticed the dorm empty as usual. You walked past the fridge and noticed a paper stuck on the door.

 

-‘there is something for you inside =)’

 

 You tilted your head and read the words on it. You opened the fridge and saw another note and pulled it out.

 

-‘Do you think I will give you cold food? Go to the dining table :P’

 

 Walking towards the table, you noticed another paper and chuckled.

 

-‘Did it take you three steps to find your food? Such a weirdo. Eat well’

 

Taking out the cover, you found plates of food waiting for you to eat, you smiled widely just like the same way L did the previous day. With that, you forgot everything that made you cry to sleep. Eating the food, the smile didn’t leave your lips easily.

 

Washing up the bowls, you stood still for a second before cleaning up the dorm for the first time. “Since they are letting me stay here without charging me rent, I should help out in cleaning” you smiled and began vacuuming the living room and then the bedrooms.

 

Finishing up in the hallway, you unplugged the vacuum and dragged the machine behind you to place it back in the small storeroom. Feeling all queasy in a sudden second, you tried to keep your balance by the wall. Biting your lips, you slapped your face to stop it. Shutting your eyes tight, you felt tears roll down your cheeks and you wiped them away slowly.

“I need to be strong! I need to fulfil my wishes. I need L oppa to say the three words to me. I need him”