My Hero

143 TILL THE END

"Hey..." you tried to sound normal but it didn't work. You bit your lips for a second and quickly cleared your throat pretending that you just woke up from a small nap. That helped. A lot.

"Seemed like you were enjoying your nap" his soft voice echoed your head which made you smile widely. Keeping your eyes closed just to listen to his voice calmed you down.

"Agasshi... dinner is ready" the maid whispered but your other ear deafen out. It felt like only you and L existed in the world. Remembering his face when he held you close to him, his scent and his dimples. You giggled silently and felt your migraine going away little by little.

 

"Agasshi, dinner" the maids voice was heard again. L paused for a while, "Minhee-ah..."

You knew what he was going to say next so you got up slowly from the bed and nodded to yourself. "Araso... saranghae Myungsoo oppa" you whispered and he chuckled before hanging up.

 

Blinking your eyes several times to remove the blurriness, you pushed yourself off the bed and landed on your left leg which was weak. Stumbling a bit before having it balance to walk out for dinner. Making way down the steps worried you but fortunately, nothing bad happened except for a small trip.

 

Your mother was at the table with your father, they were having a silent talk before you entered. Your mother poked an apple in front of her with a toothpick and munched on it without looking up at you.

 

 

Father glanced at you and got up from his seat, to head to his room aka his office while your mother rolled her eyes and mumbled some words before following behind him.

 

Just as you dished few cabbages in your bowl, the maids entered and began clearing the table. Your personal made watched you stare at the food going one by one but as soon as it was her turn, she walked slowly and picked up the empty plates first before staring hard at you.

"Agasshi, grab some more to eat now while I'm cleaning the empty plates," she spoke in a soft tone so that only you could hear.

 

You nodded and grabbed the plate of bulgogi near to put it in your bowl quickly. The maid smiled and walked away with dirty plates in her hand.

Tears formed in your eyes as you thanked her silently. The next thing you did was to try to finish all the food in your bowl in case they take your bowl before you finish eating. That could happen especially those maids that is LadyG's pets. Pets sometimes resemble the owner.

 

Feeling a bit full, you quickly made it back up in your room of freedom. You didn't feel like getting out of your room, you were too scared to see your mothers face. Nobody can tell what she is thinking of. She's changed a lot, especially after the company have expanded in the few months.

"Agasshi" the familiar voice was heard and you smiled at the maid. "It's better for you to shower now, your....." she looked outside and bit her lips before taking few steps backwards, letting your mother in the room.

 

"Minhee-ah" she spoke in a soft voice which you haven't heard in a long long time. A smirk creeped on her lips and you stared at her as she turned to close the door. You looked outside and saw your maid signalling at you; a gloomy aura filled in the room and you turned back to your mother as she locked the door.

 

Mother dragged her feet as she approached you, “Minhee-ah” her voice echoed in your head. You looked around; trying to find something to protect yourself but it was too late. You retreat yourself before she stands in front but you hit the wall, a message telling you that there is nowhere else you can go.

 

Her smile became wider, her teeth showing. You saw her raise her hands. Before you could stop her from whatever she was doing, you were a second late. She slapped your cheek hard. Her slap was heard through the door.

“Why did you do that?” you teared up but held it in. You did not want to show her your weak side.

“WHY..” before you could repeat yourself, you felt yourself being pushed to the floor. A tear escaped, falling on the carpet.

You looked at her; she was still smiling at you.

“Umma wants Minhee’s help” she said as her smile became subtle.

 

“No” You defended yourself. You let out a cry as she kicked your stomach.

“Wait there” she whispered and her heels before strutting out. Your maid looked him and saw you on the floor. Her heart ached; she reached in her pocket slowly so that no one notices. She quickly dialled a number that was given to her.

You clutched your fist as pain overwhelmed you. You didn’t want to lose the fight. Closing your eyes as you rest for a while but your mind was still awake in case your mother returns.

 

“Minhee…”