Fail to ignore

143 TILL THE END

You began to avoid L the past few days even though you did not know why you were doing it. Headaches became more severe but you just took painkillers to subside the pain. It was dinner already and Woohyun stayed in the kitchen for quite a long time before you joined him. “Woohyun-ssi, what is taking you so long?” you asked him as he stirred the pot of soup in front of him. “Just reheating this chicken soup for you” he turned around with a smile. ‘Why did am I liking Woohyun oppa as much as L? Woohyun oppa is the ideal type of girls but why am I only attracted to the bipolar king?’ you couldn’t stop thinking about the fact that you wanted to be with L.

 

“Minhee-ah, come out for dinner” Woohyun’s voice was heard from the dining table and you got up with a frown when you realized that you dazed off just from thinking about him.

 

There was two empty spaces at the table, one was next to Hoya and the other was next to L. You hesitated for a while before walking towards Hoya and taking the seat next to him. You smiled at him while he looked at you before patting your head.

In the middle of dinner, you stared at the plate of meat that was in front L. You didn’t want to get it yourself so you asked Hoya to help you. “Aigoo, what’s happening?” he teased as he placed a spoonful of meat on your bowl.

 

You shrugged and laughed it off, Sungjong stared at your weird attitude and chuckled, “Weirdo” he said short and you paused from your food. ‘Weirdo’ L’s voice rang in your head and you shook it off and continued to eat. L noticed your appetite on the meat and placed the plate in front of you. You looked up at him and turned back to your rice.

 

Dongwoo got up from his seat and walked to the kitchen, only to come back with a bowl of soup. He placed the soup in front of you and gave you a wide smile, “in case you need some soup to accompany your meal” you thanked him and took a peek at L who was eating silently. You grew liable to the silent moment and sighed inside.

 

“Thank you for the food, Woohyun-ssi” you got up from your seat and turned to the living room. Sitting on the couch quietly, you didn’t notice the approaching figure that sat next to you. “What happen to you?” you jumped up a bit and turned to see L staring at you softly. You didn’t know how to respond to him, “I am just tired” you didn’t look at him.

 

“I got to go and have a shower” you said to yourself and walked away from him. After grabbing your clothes and your towel, you locked the bathroom door and the hot water. You stood still under the hot water and sighed multiple times. You thought about your wishlist and shook your head vigorously, your head told you that it is a burden for L to date you while your heart didn’t care at all, you really wanted to be with him.

 

 

Getting out of the bathroom, you walked to your room and sat on the bed; staring at the walls with your hair still wet. The door opened and revealed Sunggyu, “Minhee-ah, what’s wrong?” he was worried over your quiet attitude. “Can I see Woohyun-ssi?” you requested and he nodded and walked out without saying anything.

A minute later, Woohyun came in and sat by your side. “Are you feeling sick somewhere?” he asked and you nodded. “Where do you feel sick?” he looked at your eyes as he waited for you to tell him. Your arms touched your chest, “here” you told him and he frowned.

 

“My heart aches a lot” you began to cry and Woohyun pulled you into a hug. “Tell me what’s wrong, who made your heart ache” he asked and you shook your head, “I rejected Myungsoo oppa” you told him and began to sob louder. He frowned more and patted your back, “You rejected Myungsoo? Why?” he asked you. “It will be a burden to him. I don’t want him to be sad when I am gone and it’s going to be really difficult for him to handle the effects of being in a relationship with a person like me” you cried.

 

The room was filled with your cries until the door opened, revealing Sungyeol and Dongwoo pushing L inside the room. “Apologize to Minhee before I force you to break our friendship” Sungyeol threatened, making the latter roll his eyes before looking at you crying on Woohyun’s shoulder. You looked away from L and bit your lips. “I don’t want to see you” you chased him away because you knew that you would not be able to ignore him longer.

 

Woohyun pushed you lightly and gestured L to sit before he walked out. You hugged your knees and ignored the presence of him. “Look at me” he said short but you shook your head to him. “I don’t want to see you” you tried to make him go but failed. “Fine” he said and got up, looking around the room. Pulling out the drawer, he noticed a small notebook and flipped through the pages.

 

‘Wishlist?’ he read through all and noticed that none of them had been fulfilled. His eyes watered when he noticed that each of them had his name on it especially the last one. “Minhee, what is this?” he asked you as soon as you looked up. Your eyes widened and got out of the bed quickly to grab the book away but you lost your balance once you landed your leg on the floor, making you fall down. L threw the book back to the drawer and knelt in front

 

“Get out of the room” you pushed him away but he grabbed onto your hand and made you face him. “Look at me, Minhee” he said strictly and you looked at his eyes. His eyes that showed how much he loved you. How much he was always worrying over you.

 

“I like you” he confessed and you felt butterflies in your stomach despite all the crying. You froze on the spot, staring at him. “I really like you, Minhee. I really hope that you won’t ignore me anymore. My heart hurt a lot when you tried to chase me away.” You opened your mouth to say something but your mind went blank.

 

L smiled small and caressed your wet cheeks before planting a kiss on your lips.