Being Sensitive

143 TILL THE END

It has been an hour since you entered the emergency room, the four members of Infinite along with their managers paced back and forward. The light finally flicked off, the doctor came out and they all rushed to him, “how is she?” Woohyun asked first. L stared at him from the back and listened to the doctor’s explanation. “How long have she lost her vision?” he asked as he looked at the report. “We are not sure but she was in the bathroom for almost five hours so I think approximately for that long” the manager said and the doctor sighed.

 

‘What does that sigh mean?’ Sungjong looked at the doctor and prayed. “Her lost vision is just temporary. We have checked and saw that the loss of vision has been caused by a fall since there is a bruise on her upper forehead” he explained more about the symptoms to happen in the near future. “I hope that you will bring her to the hospital earlier in the near future, it may cause her life” he concluded and walked away as they bowed to him.

 

They rushed to see her in her room, they sat by her side and Sungjong began tearing up. “Mianhe Minhee-ssi, we shouldn’t have attended the after party. We should have come home earlier” he wiped his tears when he saw the glares from the leader. “It’s not like she is dead or something, don’t cry!” he hissed. Woohyun walked out and headed to the doctor’s office for more information. He didn’t notice that his dongsaeng has been following him all along.

 

“About her illness, can it be treated?” he asked the doctor. He shook his head with disappointment, “I am sorry but there isn’t any cure to her illness yet” he said with regret and Woohyun closed his eyes tight. “But how long will she—“ he couldn’t continue his words, he couldn’t say the words that he wouldn’t want to happen. “Maximum for at least two or three years but in her condition, she might have only nine months to live. I can only say ‘might’” Woohyun nodded and clenched his fist tight, so did the listener.

 

“Does the patient know her condition yet?” the doctor asked, Woohyun shook his head. “We don’t want her to know about it” the doctor nodded and Woohyun got up and left after giving the doctor a bow.

 

‘That brat only has nine months left’ L made his way to the balcony. He watched the cars from the eleventh floor and thought about the doctor’s words. Taking a deep breath, he walked back to the room. Opening the door, he got startle when he saw the additional members in the room with eyes closed, sleeping on the couch. “Myungsoo-ah when did you go out?” Woohyun asked when he saw him coming in. L nodded short and sat next to the sleeping Sungyeol, ignoring the stares.

 

 

Few moments later, you woke up in the current state of pitch black. Despite the darkness, you tried to sit up and rested on the headboard. The moving of the bed, the person sleeping next to you stirred a bit and sat up with his eyes half open. L watched your eyes as you looked straight ahead, not turning to take a look at him. He sighed, ‘she still can’t see me’.

 

“Who is this?” you got startled by the sudden soft sigh. L stared at you panic, he frowned but it was quickly replaced by a small smirk. “How can Miss Sherlock not know, did you lose your clues during your stay in the bathroom?” he chuckled while you pouted. “Yah~ Myungyeon unnie! If I can see where you are right now, I am sure I will have you sent to the plastic surgeon to get your face fixed” you gritted your jaw and then turned your head as if trying to look around.

 

“Did the doctor say anything why I am at this state?” you panicked and grabbed the blanket, pulling to your chest. Woohyun who was beside you, sat up when he heard your voice; “Minhee, you’re awake~!” he smiled brightly but when he saw your eyes, his smile fell and looked at L and the rest who were dead asleep. “Woohyun-ssi you know what’s happening to me right?” you turned your head to face down. Looking at L, Woohyun was unsure what to do.

 

L cleared his throat and poked your arms, making you turn to his direction. “The doctor said that it’s just temporary because of your clumsiness” his words comforted you but then you didn’t like what you were seeing. “Are you even giving the accurate report?” you frowned and bit your lips lightly. L nodded but when he remembered that you couldn’t see he shouted at you.

“Of course not~ do you think I would be that nice to tell you the truth? The doctor said that you would be blind forever and that is because you have been staring at seven handsome boys for too long so the Gods are punishing you” he joked which didn’t sound like one due to his tone.

 

“DON’T LIE TO ME… I DON’T WANT TO BE BLIND FOREVER” you covered your ears and said out loud. Without your concern, tears fell down to your blanket making Woohyun glare at the younger for joking at the wrong time. The rest who were sleeping peacefully were woken up by your voice.

Sungyeol who woke up first, rubbed his eyes and looked at you with a smile. “Minhee-ah what’s wrong? Did the constipation take your happiness away? At least smile and say good morning Sungyeol oppa” he laughed and then noticed Woohyun shaking his head at him. Dongwoo and Sunggyu looked at them, not knowing what’s going on. Hoya stood up and walked towards the bed and waved his hands in front of your face.

 

“Stop it, Hoya. She can’t see you” Woohyun said and the maknae bit his lips when he heard him. “Minhee noona, you can see me right?” Sungjong asked loudly. Sungyeol looked at their serious face and stood up, “eyyy… stop joking around. Minhee---“ Being sensitive of your current condition your grabbed your pillow from behind and threw it away, shocking the idols. “Get out!! I don’t want to see all of you” you cried and covered your eyes to hide the tears away. “But you can’t even see us” Sungyeol continued and chuckled lowly. L stood up and signalled them to get out, as he turned around to close the door, he stared at you. ‘Nine months is all you got now, Minhee-ssi. I hope you make the most of it’