Guilty

143 TILL THE END

All seven of them waited outside of the emergency room, L stared at the door waiting for the doctor to come out, or possibly Minhee. Woohyun walked from left to right, feeling anxious. “Will you sit down already?” L called out to his hyung which he found his footsteps annoying and making him more worried.

 

Sunggyu got up and pulled him to the chair next to him, “hyung, how was her condition when you were with her in the kitchen?” he asked and Dongwo who was beside them looked. “I saw her before she went to the kitchen. She looked really weak then, she couldn’t even walk straight. I was going to ask her ‘what’s wrong’ but then she told me that she was thirsty only”

 

The other three members stayed with the manager on the other side. Sungjong held his hands tight as he waited, he was more nervous now compared to the day when he first debut. Sungyeol watched his hyungs talk about her condition.

 

Just when Sunggyu was about to them about how she couldn’t find the bottle of water which was in front of her and how she was always closing her tightly and shaking her head, the door opened and revealed the doctor.

 

“How is she?” Woohyun got up immediately as soon as he saw the doctor. L who was closer was about to ask the same but his hyung beat him to it.

 

The doctor looked at them and sighed, “Do you guys even know that she has brain cancer? She doesn’t have much time to live. I guess it better to get her to take treatment first before it gets worst” he explained more details and left the eight of them.

 

L stared at the door at which Minhee was sent in. Woohyun walked towards L quickly and flexed his arms, ready to send him a punch. Just before he was near enough, he stopped when the door opened again.

 

Minhee was being pushed out with an oxygen mask over . “Minhee-ah” one by one they began to call out to her except L. All he did was stare at her as if she won’t open her eyes again, they followed the nurse as they took her to her room.

 

“I’m sorry but the patient needs rest, please come again another day once she gets better” the nurse in charge announced and they all turned around, ready to head back to their dorm without Minhee.

 

 

-----------

Days went pass but there was no news of her, the managers tried to find contact of her parents but only received that they went abroad to work. Woohyun couldn’t focus on his practice most of the time and L did not even practice.

 

L’s POV

I sat by the window and looked outside at the baby blue sky. ‘Why didn’t she tell us about her condition? I wouldn’t have been so cold to her’ I sighed and looked to the right at the entrance of her room. ‘When will you wake up, Minhee-ssi…’ I thought of her facial expression the night of the incident and felt guilty.

 

‘If only you weren’t acting like a brat, I would have treated you nicely’