A Different side of him

143 TILL THE END

“I am sorry; I didn’t know you had your doctor’s appointment today. If I had known, I would have stayed back to be with you” hearing his words made your cry worsen. L chuckled and pulled you into a hug, “You should have told me…..................... Pabo~” Feeling secure in his hold, you held onto him tighter and L frowned when he felt your hold.

 

“Minhee-ssi” the nurse broke the moment as she called out for your turn. L pushed you lightly and nodded, saying that it was going to be fine. You watched him get up from the seat and gave his hand for you to hold. Walking in the room side by side, you didn’t feel the nervousness that you felt when you came with Woohyun.

The doctor had left to get the result from the drawer and it was just the two of you in the room. Feeling the air-con hit your body, you shivered and L noticed it. He took off his jacket and placed it around your shoulders before pulling you closer to him.

 

“What if...” you began and he looked at you.

“What if?” he asked and you stared at him.

“What if the results come out as something negative” you looked at your fingers and L shook his head, “It won’t, don’t be so pessimistic. Try to look at the bright side, you have me here” he smirked and you blushed at his words. “Yeah and then later in the dorm you will turn into Hulk and start being mean to me” you teased.

“That green ugly thing?” he raised his eyebrows, ‘Am I that ugly in your eyes?’

 

The doctor walked in with a file in her hands, she placed it on the table as she sat down. Feeling anxiety in your body, you stared at her hoping to see a smile on her face. Or maybe a hint of something to tell you that you will live longer? Opening the file, you saw the scans of your brain.

“Did anything happen the past two days?” she looked up from the file and faced you and L. You shook your head slowly and bit your lips, “nothing weird happened” you answered back and you saw the doctor nod.

 

She lifted a scan from the file and placed it in front of a light board. “Are you ready for this, Minhee ssi?” she asked with a worried look. Before you said anything, L interrupted “I will be here so it’s alright, doctor” you turned to face him with wide eyes. He grabbed your hand and held onto it. You could see that he was nervous but you shook the thought away, ‘he is just trying to comfort me’

 

Turning back, the doctor took out a stick and began explaining. “To start off, from the beginning when you first admitted to the hospital...” you heard her and became confused. “With umma and appa?” you asked yourself and the doctor nodded. “We found a tumor in your brain. Your parents didn’t give their permission to start surgery so we had no choice but to follow their words” she said and noticed your expression.

“Are you alright?” she asked and L turned to your side.

He squeezed your hand and you gave a small smile, “just continue”.

 

“The second time you came we have noticed that it had spread a bit, that was the reason to why your vision and your senses was blurred out sometimes” you nodded as you remembered of dropping L’s vase and fainting in the kitchen.

“Every time you come to the hospital we notice that it worsened----”

L’s grip on your hand loosened, “do you think it is possible to do surgery now?” he waited for the doctor’s reply but when he got it, you saw his knuckles turn white. “Myungsoo, calm down”

 

“How much longer can she live?” he asked with gritted teeth, you couldn’t stand any longer. You knew the answer to his question already. Tugging onto his sleeves to calm him down, he looked at you with sad eyes. “I can only say this according to her condition right now but if it worsens the result will---

 

“Just tell me!!” He erupted, making you jump from your seat. You held onto his arms, “Myungsoo, please stop it” you pleaded and apologized to the doctor on behalf of L.

“It’s alright but you got to calm down!” she warned L and stopped when L glared at her. “Its three to five months, is that what you wanted to know?” you told him off because you were afraid that he would explode if the doctor didn’t say it sooner.

 

He stared at you, “stop making up things, I want to hear it from the doctor”. The doctor bit her lips and began; “minimum time is three months and maximum is within a year but it changes according to her condition” she remained still. The room became quiet and L got up from his seat, walking out of the room.

 

“Doctor, I am so sorry for what just happened. I didn’t know he would act this way, he is usually cool and calm.” You bowed and frowned. “I have seen worse” she gave a small smile and you sat back down.

“Have you begun making up your wish-list yet?” she asked a question that puzzled you. “What is that?” she chuckled at your expression. “We tell our patients to make up wish-list so that they can fulfil everything. It brings them happiness. We love to see them smile all day” she said with a eye smile.

 

The room became quiet again and the doctor stared at the door. “Do you think you should go and see that friend of yours?” she looked at you with a happy face. “Nahh, I guess he went back home” you said and giggled to yourself.

“Is it me or does it seems like he cares about you, like more than just friend” she began setting up her desk and you stared at her with eyes wide like saucers. “Doctor!!” you shouted all of a sudden and she laughed out loud. You looked down; “well I care about him as well so I think he would care about me too?” you said timidly and looked at the door.

 

“Go on, Minhee-ssi. But before you get going, take my card so that if you can call me if you have any problems” she handed you a card and winked. Blushing, you bowed goodbye and got out of the room.

 

Walking in the elevator, you prepared to press on the button to go to the ground floor. All of a sudden, a hand stopped the door and you looked at the owner of the hand and freaked out.

 

“Aren’t you supposed to be at home by now?” you asked and L shrugged.

 

Leaning on the elevator wall, you saw that L came closer every time you went down a level. Suddenly, you felt an arm wrapped around your waist, pulling you in a hug. “You are not going to leave me, are you?” he asked with a low voice. “What are you saying? You’re L, you have dozens of million fans that loves you. It won’t make a different with a nuisance like me gone” 

 

He broke the hug and stared at your eyes, “You’re not a nuisance, you are just special” he smiled small, ‘a special brat that I love to annoy’

“Now Myungyeon unnie is saying that I am special? Is it a start of a month already?” you walked a foot away and smirked at him weakly.

 

“No, it’s the middle of the month” he smirked and leaned closer until you felt his soft lips in contact with yours.