Going Alone

143 TILL THE END

Packing everything into your suitcase questioned everyone especially L, being nosy he walked in without knocking and looked at you. “Where are you going?” his head followed your hands as you folded your clothes and placed them in the suitcase. “I might have to go home soon, the doctor said that my final day is tomorrow” you looked at him with a sad expression. “Are you serious? You must be lying” he sat down on the bed and you chuckled lowly, “Unnie, will you miss me while I am gone?” your joke made him smirk. “Miss you? I will obviously NOT” he stuck his tongue out and walked out making you smile small. ‘Smile… just smile’

 

After having the check up the previous night, it took some time to get the final results after having it analyzed by the doctors together. Sungyeol entered your room just after L exited, “why are you packing so fast?” he asked and you shrugged, “I got to be ready ahead of things” you smiled small and pinched his cheeks when he pouted, “Choding is really a choding. Will you even grow up?” you tilted your head to the side and he just looked back, “am I that annoying that you want me to grow up?” he sighed and you shook your head immediately, “aniyo! I don’t want Sungyeol to grow up, I like you like this. It’s fun to be with you” you gave him a wide smile and he looked down at your suitcase. “You don’t really have to be ready ahead of time; Woohyun hyung told me that it will take a while to analyze the results”

“I know I know, when did you become so smart” you eyed him and giggled.

 

 

The doctors called a day later and this time Woohyun wasn’t available to take you there. Looking for Sunggyu, there was no hope because he had a recording that day. Sighing off all the thoughts of going alone stopped, you looked up and saw a dressed up L in front of your eyes. “I guess you are going for a MV shooting now?” you asked him and he nodded, showing off his tuxedo and his fake ID card for the shoot. “Wae? Are you going somewhere?” you shook your head so that you won’t worry him. “Araso, I got to go” hearing him say that made you feel down.

Watching him wear his shoes by the steps, your hands clenched as you didn’t want to let him go. Who knows that it may be real bad news? After tying his shoe lace, he got up and headed to the door. “Bye” he said before he closed the door with a smile.

 

Fear filled up your body, and in a moment you found yourself opening the door and rushing out to get him back. Knowing that it will interfere with his schedule, you just wanted him to accompany you. Running down the steps barefoot, you could hear his slow and steady footsteps as he made his way down on the last few steps. Gritting your teeth, you tried to catch up before he goes out. ‘once he is out, you are going to be alone’ jumping to skip the last few steps worried you but you didn’t know why exactly you wanted him to be with you even though you know he can’t.

 

“L” you called out his name as you almost reached him. Feeling out of strength, you jumped again before your eyes, he was there where you could reach out for him. “Myungsoo Oppa” you called out for him, making him stop as he heard your tired voice behind him. Your hands were around his waist, your forehead was filled with sweat, your legs were wobbly from all the running. Keeping balance, he turned around after he broke away from the hold and looked at you.

 

“What happen?” he looked at your eyes and you did the same. Don’t want to look pathetic in front of him but you couldn’t, “can you don’t go for your shoot?” asking with a small voice but you noticed a smile on his lips which later turned into a frown. “Mianhae Minhee-ah, I have to go. I promised hyung to go for the shooting” his face showed regret and you wrapped your arms around him again, “can you postpone it for me? I don’t want to be alone” tears filled your eyes but your blinked it away. “Minhee-ah, I can’t break my promise” he pushed you away lightly and you felt your heart break.

 

‘There he goes’ you heard your head say as you nodded.

 

 

 

Getting in the car, L looked out at Minhee as she walked away slowly. Hitting his head several times, he regretted about this schedule. Staring at the window, he could see Minhee’s crying face. “Why would she want me to be with her?” he thought about it over and over again but there was no answer in his head.

Almost reaching the shoot, he grabbed his bottle of water and took a sip. As his manager parked the van, he could see K-Will on the set laughing with the actors that were going to be in the video. Greeting the directors, they later discussed what will happen and they all listened well, including L because he was the main guy. Dasom walked closer and bowed to him, “annyeonghasaeyo~” she greeted and he did the same. Getting closer with each other, Dasom laughed out loud as they listened to K-Will’s remake of his song.

 

“Oww, my head hurts. Please stop making me laugh” she couldn’t stop laughing. ‘My head hurts’ the sentence rang in L’s head and remembered about Minhee. ‘Did she want me to accompany her because her head was aching?’ his expression showed worry and K-Will walked towards his after he noticed L. “Wae? Anything happened in the dorm?” he asked and L shook his head, “nothing, hyung”.

 

Every minute, L looked at his watch. ‘Why is the shooting getting so slow?’ he watched the director direct the cameos and L furrowed his eyebrow. Making his way to the director, he bowed. “Oh L-ssi, what’s the matter?” he gave him a big smile which made L rethink about his question but it was Minhee that he is talking about. “Director, I don’t know if it is possible to shoot my parts first because I have to do something very important” he pleaded and the director just stared at him for a second before agreeing.

 

 

 

“Ok final take” the director shouted and L turned to Dasom and gave his hand so that she could hold it. “ACTION” he put on a smile as he looked at Dasom and began swinging his arms while they skipped out of the entrance. “CUT!” hoping it was a good shout but his hopes went crashing down when the director complained that L’s happiness was too fake. “Mianhae” he looked at Dasom and she just smiled it off, “it’s alright, everyone makes mistakes” “ACTION” his sudden call made him jump but he continued it with a skip. Remembering to look happy, the shout was heard. “That was good” L smiled big and bowed to everyone.

 

“Thank you” giving a big bow at the director, he gave a pat on L’s back. “Family matters are more important but I am glad that you came for the shoot” L nodded and walked to K-Will. “Thank you” he gave a hug and patted his back before telling him, “Go~”

 

 

----------------------

 

You got out of the shower and quickly dried your hair. Knowing what is coming next panicked you, ‘I don’t think I can do it, what should I do?’ you mentally prayed that a miracle would happen but as time went, nothing great came to you.

 

Getting into the taxi, you crossed your fingers hoping that you will be able to handle the news and not break down. “I guess I should go with the flow, leave everything behind and look forward for what is there for me” you said with a smile and the driver looked back at you through the mirror. “I never see young girls like you so positive, what’s the matter?” he asked with concern and you sighed, “it’s something that people find complicating” you answered small and he chuckled, “don’t worry, I do fortune telling and I see a lucky star following you” you smiled at his words and looked out of the window.

 

 

“Jang DongGun” the nurses began calling and your palms became sweaty already. Trying to calm yourself, you looked around the waiting room and the charts made your condition worsen as it was all pictures of the brain or body parts.

“Moon HeeJung” another name was called and the people decreased as they were before you until you were the last one left. Taking a longer time than the previous one, you looked down at the floor and played with your phone to pass time but it didn’t help.

 

 

Getting annoyed with yourself, you began to cry silently.

Not aware of the figure appearing closer, you continued to stare at the floor. Finally feeling the presence beside you, you looked up and saw L sitting next to you, panting.

“I am sorry; I didn’t know you had your doctor’s appointment today. If I had known, I would have stayed back to be with you” hearing his words made your cry worsen. L chuckled and pulled you into a hug, “You should have told me…..................... Pabo~”