Back To School

143 TILL THE END

“Wake up ahgassi” those three words repeated in your head as you turned in your sleep. “Wake up” the voice was familiar yet unfamiliar until there was a loud bang. “Get out from the bed now!!” Your mother’s voice was heard. You jumped with fright and opened your eyes to see her standing in front with her hands on her hips.

 

“You are going to come down in five minutes or else no breakfast for you” she gritted her teeth as she looked at your eyes drooping. You felt the maid nudge you but you still couldn’t keep your eyes open.

 

Another loud bang was heard and then your eyes fully opened. You groaned as you made your way out to the bathroom for a quick wash up so that you wouldn’t take over five minutes.

 

Once you put your feet in the kitchen to get your breakfast, you felt a sting on your back and winced before turning to look at who it was. Your mother grinned as you reached your hand to the stinging part of your back. “Five minutes went long ago” she walked away.

 

You walked back to your room with your head hung low until you heard her again. “Change into your uniform. You are going to school with me”. You paused your steps and your heels, “Umma... I am not going to school. There is not a school which I can to go at this state” you said as you objected.

 

A grin was seen on her face again, “that is why I am going with you so that they will accept you. And I am going to make you go to school until you die. Why don’t you stop being a princess and go to school so that you won’t die with an empty brain” she laughed in a low tone. “Appa---“

 

“We had planned this before” she looked at her nails and smiled sweetly.

 

Even though you objected with whole heart, you couldn’t defend yourself anymore. “Five minutes” she shouted and you ran to your room as you didn’t want to get another whip from her.

 

You clutched onto your head as soon as you closed the door behind you, the door opened again and you moved away and pretended as if nothing happened. It was the same maid as before. “Ahgassi, I came to help you” she said softly and you couldn’t help but smile at her.

 

She pulled out a uniform and helped you get dressed quickly, she rushed with your hair but the outcome was a perfect hairstyle for you which showed off your face structure but you didn’t need it anymore. You have L by your side, mentally.

 

“Let’s go” she said and you nodded before running down the stairs.... ‘I need to be st—‘ before you could finish your sentence, you tripped at the bottom of the staircase. Your head began aching but you ignored it when the maid pulled you up.

 

“Thanks” you said and she smiled as she dusted the invisible dust from your dress. Just before you got closer to your mother who was on the phone with one of the client, the maid called you to her again.

 

“Ahgassi, Myungsoo-ssi called this morning” her words maid your eyes widen. You felt yourself feeling lighter. “What did he say?” you rushed her and she took a quick look at your mother before leaning in to whisper, “he said that he will be waiting for your call tonight”. You grabbed hold of your bag strap when you heard her.

 

She giggled and you blushed, “is he your boyfriend?”. Your blood rushed up to your cheeks when she asked you. “I need to go to school” you said and the maid chuckled. “Hwaiting ahgassi” she smiled and gave a bow as she watched you walk to your mother.

 

-------------------------------------

 

After all the registration in the new school, you walked around the school by yourself. The marble floors, glassy walls and high class chandeliers, you were enrolled to a school full of chaebols.

 

Eyes were on you everytime you made your way pass classrooms. You were in awe until you felt your eye sight blur. Staying calm, you walked to the side and rested on the wall for a while.

 

“Are you alright?” a man’s voice which was familiar was heard. You didn’t want to gain any sympathy from anyone so you nodded your head.

 

“I am fine, just a bit tired” you said in assurance and a chuckle was heard after a second.

“I guess you ran to school then. Are you new? I haven’t seen you before? Which class are you in?” he asked and you shrugged, “I just registered an hour ago” you answered him.

 

You shook your head lightly and found your eyesight to have gotten better. Turning to the side, the guy smiled at you. “You’re finally looking at me” his eyes curved to a moon crescent and you laughed lowly.

 

“You’re laughing as well” he said and you nodded.

 

He reached out his hand and you looked at him, “Let’s introduce ourselves”

 

“I’m.....”