Dinner

143 TILL THE END

It was the fourth day of your admission; the doctor came frequently to check on you but never mentioned the cause and didn’t allow you to go home yet. You asked him for the nth time for the cause and he looked at the notebook, “fatigue” he said small and you nodded. He left and you looked out of the window, ‘this place may not be that bad, I mean compared to that dorm where L oppa hates me for breaking his precious vase’. A nurse came in to check my temperature, she stood next to my bed and we chatted for a minute until a doctor called for her.

 

Few days later, you finally had visitors; it was the PD of the program. She looked at you with sympathy and that made you confuse but you let out a small chuckle, “ahjumma... I am not dying yet, it’s just fatigue” I laughed and she smiled. “Minhee... you need to take care of yourself more. We plan to continue filming once you get better so don’t worry” she patted your head, you looked at her and shook your head with a smile.

 

“It will be better if we get a replacement, PD-nim” the manager said as soon as he closed the door. Infinite’s manager gave you a sorry look, you died inside but then you thought about it again. “Neh, I think it is the best if I get replaced. I don’t think I can continue with this weak of mine” you smiled but frowned inside. The PD frowned, “araso, if you feel comfortable with that. Take care of your health, it is the top priority, okay?” you nodded and she stood up.

 

“Keep safe and stay in contact” she waved and walked out of the room, the manager sat on the couch and looked at you. “The doctor said that you can go home now” you pouted as you nodded, getting out of the bed; you packed your stuffs and went to change in the bathroom. Once you came out, the manager was standing by the door, holding your bag. “Alright, let’s get going” he opened the door with his free hand and you walked out.

 

On the way back to the dorm, he looked at you through the rear mirror. He noticed your sad face, “Minhee, you know why we need a replacement right?” he asked and you gave him a short nod. “I understand, the filming has been halted ever since I wasn’t feeling well and if we continue with me... it might interfere with Infinite’s schedule” you explained and he smiled. “Komawo, Minhee-ssi”

 

After a few silent minutes, the car stopped and you carried your bags up to the dorm as he drove back to Infinite’s schedule. You felt weak after the car ride so you quickly placed your bag in the room and lied on the bed; you close your eyes and sighed. It seemed like Infinite had cursed you with poor health ever since you moved in. You felt like going back home already but you knew that your parents wouldn’t want you home yet.

 

The silent dorm made your eyelids heavy and you fell off to sleep.

---------------------

You felt a push on your shoulders, making you stir in your sleep. “Minhee-ssi, wake up... it’s time for dinner” you heard Dongwoo’s voice. Opening your eyes, you saw the two eldest members staring at you. Blinking, you looked over at Sunggyu and his hair, when he saw where your eyes were; he smiled and touched his hair. “I know, it’s red” he said and you smiled at him, “It suits you”

 

After you followed them to the dining room, the table was full of food. Even though you had food during your admission but it was all vegetables especially those food that was good for health or mostly brain (If there is any). The table was filled with meat, all type of meat. Your mouth watered as you made your way to your chair.

 

Woohyun came out with a bowl and smiled when he saw you. “Minhee-ah, your dinner is ready. All nice and yummy” he placed it on the table and signalled you to sit next to him. You nodded and quickly sat in between him and Sungyeol. Smiling at Woohyun, you looked at the bowl in front and your smile left your face, ‘porridge’. Sungjong saw your face and leaned forward to see the content of your dinner or special dinner that Woohyun called it. “At least let Minhee to eat some rice and meat too”

 

You smiled and nodded with agreement; Hoya picked up a piece of chicken and scooped some salad, placing them on your plate. “There you go, more variety of food on your side inside of only white porridge” he smiled. Your bias, Sungyeol stood up and walked to the kitchen. After a few second, he came out with a cup of orange juice. He placed them on your side and smiled with satisfaction. “Now with a cup full of healthy vitamin c; orange juice, by your side. Adding more colour and flavour” he advertised his product that came from the fridge and made you giggle.

 

Woohyun pouted at s, “Yah! It’s not only rice and water... there is also abalone and chicken” he sulked and then he began again, “I also cooked chicken soup for Minhee!” he said and then stuffed food in his mouth. L looked at the way s were treating you, ‘What should I do?’ he got up and walked to the kitchen, everyone examined his actions and Woohyun bit onto the chicken, “What is he going to bring out from the kitchen now, I hope he doesn’t take out my soup and say that he made it”

 

After minutes wondering around the kitchen, L finally came out; he avoided eye contacts with everyone in the room. Sunggyu looked at the younger and at his hands which was behind his back, “Wha—“ when he saw the hidden material, he furrowed his eyebrows and shook his head. Dongwoo saw the leaders look and turned to the direction. When he saw the culprit to the expression of the leader, he covered his mouth. “MWOYA!!!” he laughed hysterically.

 

Curiosity filled up as Infinite acted this way, you turned as you saw L approaching. His hands were behind his back, Sungyeol peeked at the material and looked back at his food, “Myungsoo is not my best friend anymore... L is” he said and stuffed rice in his mouth.

 

“Minhee-ssi... here” he dropped the material on the table and walked back to his seat. You looked down at the white paper and nodded.

 

“Thank you L-ssi... um... for the tissue”