YunHo's Move: The FIrst Call

A Father's Love

YunHo gazed down at the doshirak in his hands, the heat from the lunch warmed them as it enhanced the ink JaeJoong’s number was written in. He smiled as he read the group of numbers, memorizing them as if they were a beautiful melody that deserved to be remembered. His thoughts drifted off to JaeJoong; his rich and smooth milky crème skin, thick powder pink lips and small body frame. He could not deny the fact that he too was attracted to the other and was thankful a step had been taken…because now, he had a chance to make his move.

He scrunched up his face as the faint smell of cigarette smoke swept across his nose, an indications he had now reached YooChun’s office. He was reluctant to open the door for the fear of seeing what was behind it.

After two minutes of standing in front of the door, he drew in a deep breath and entered the room. The moment he stepped in, smoke and a faint insinuation of alcohol engulfed his sense of smell, the room was dark except for a diminutive amount of sunlight coming from the split in between the curtains. “Geez YooChun, can you make it any darker in here?” He muttered sarcastically to himself as he made his way to the large window behind YooChun’s desk. Throwing the curtains open, he faced his best friend. “YooChun…” The said male did not budge or even acknowledge his presence. “YooChun…” No movement. “YooChun!” He nudged the male rather harshly.

YooChun swiveled around in his chair and came face to face with a stern YunHo, he could tell by the look YunHo was not proud that his was smoking or drinking. He pulled off his headphones and leaned back in the chair, folding his arms in the process. “I don’t need your right now, YunHo.” He turned back to his desk and stared at the incomplete song he was supposed to be writing. “I have to finish composing these lyrics.”

“And I don’t need yours.” YunHo walked back around and took a seat in front of the desk; he looked at the half empty bottle of scotch and the three finished cigarettes in the ash tray. “All this because of your father.” It was worded as a statement; however, YooChun took it as a question and answered it.

“This has nothing to do with that bastard.” YooChun snarled callously. “And if he’s who you’ve come to talk about, I don’t want to hear it.”

“I most certainly agree with you.” YunHo leaned back in the chair and shrugged his shoulders. “And to be quite honest, I don’t want to be here talking to you about it.”

“Then why are you here?” YooChun was getting aggravated; he did not want to linger on the subject of his father. Hell, it pissed him off to even think about him.

“Because everyone is worried about you…especially JunSu.” YunHo drew the lover card, hoping YooChun would abate underneath the mentioning of JunSu’s name; but even so, this was YooChun he was talking to…and when he was angry, nothing made him falter.

YooChun rolled his eyes and rested his chin in the center of his palm. “No .” He quipped sardonically.

It was YunHo’s turn to roll his eyes and sigh heavily. “Be a smartass after I’m done YooChun.” The said male shrugged his shoulders and glanced back down at the unfinished song. “…They all think you should talk to your father…before he passes.”

“Does everyone keep forgetting that he disowned me?” He met YunHo’s gaze once again. “Let the bastard die without talking to me, it was his own damn fault he couldn’t accept me for being gay.” He gave a sadistic chuckle. “Can’t wait to dance on his grave.”

YunHo let out another heavy sigh. “In a way, you sound just like him…”

“I am not like him!” YooChun slammed his fist on the desk and stood forcefully, pointing his index finger in YunHo’s face. “I refused to be like him!”

YunHo stood too, not liking how YooChun raised his voice at him nor the pointed finger. “If that’s so, then why won’t you talk to him?! Refusing to talk to him is like mirroring the fact he disowned you.” The words hit YooChun hard, he thought about what he had said previously and the words his father had told him, they did sound very similar. He was sounding like his father…the man he refused to be like. “I was only here to pacify everyone else, you’re a grown man, and you make your own decisions.” YunHo grabbed the doshirak JaeJoong made him before sitting back down. “Are you hungry?” He held up the lunch box. “A friend of mine gave it to me.” A smile crept on his lips as he said ‘friend’, it sounded about right.

“Yeah, I’ll have some.” YooChun sat back down, his nerves already calming.

“Hey…if you’re not going to talk to your father, then at least make me a dry promise that you’ll go talk to your father and all is said and done.”

It was YooChun’s turn to smile, he loved dry promises. A dry promise was different from an actually promise, dry promises you didn’t have to worry about hurting someone, they were always a choice to keep, break, or ignore. “I dry promise to talk to my father.”

YunHo nodded. “Alright, see how easy this conversation was?” The two let out a laugh, a laugh the two both needed to eliminate the tension and depression hanging about in the room.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Appa, guess what I learned!” JaeYoung bounced happily to his father who was waiting patiently yet anxiously for his son. “MinHyun taught me!” He wrapped his arms around both his father’s legs and stared up at him with anticipation. “You want to see?”

JaeJoong chuckled, everything JaeYoung learned he had to show him, but he was not complaining; he loved it. “Show me.”

“Okay!” JaeYoung pulled away and took two steps back from JaeJoong, he pointed to himself then made a heart using his thumb and index finger, followed by the peace sign before pointing to JaeJoong.

JaeJoong smiled yet his eyebrow was quirked, the hand movements confused him. “What does that mean Jae?”

JaeYoung pointed to himself. “My…” He then made the heart once again. “Heart…” The peace sign came next. “To…” He pointed to his father. “Yours…” He smiled. “My heart to yours.”

“Oh! I understand now.” JaeJoong chuckled, scratching his head sheepishly. “How cute is that, well then…my heart to yours.” He made the hand movements back to his son before disheveled his hair. “How about we go show…” His phone began ringing interrupting his sentence, he took the device from his pocket and looked at the unidentified number on the screen. “…Yeoboseyo?” He answered, his voice was cautious.

“May I speak to Kim, JaeJoong?” The voice on the other line was smooth, masculine, and baritone.

“This is he, may I ask who is calling?” JaeJoong answered back.

“It’s Jung, YunHo…you haven’t forgotten me, have you?”

JaeJoong felt a smile tug on his lips, he did not expect to talk to YunHo so suddenly. “I could never forget you, YunHo.” He answered back slightly flirtatious.

“That’s good to hear.” YunHo chuckled briefly before clearing his throat and continuing his sentence. “Listen, I actually called to tell you the lunch was delicious and I’m glad I got the privilege to taste it.” He failed to add the part that he was also glad JaeJoong left his number.

“Not a problem, I’m glad you enjoyed it.” He outstretched his hand for his son to take as the two got ready to cross the street.

“Maybe I’m being too forward, but…would you have lunch with me tomorrow? That’s if you don’t have anything planned.” YunHo added quickly.

The request gave JaeJoong pause; though, not a long one. “I can do that, I have nothing planned for this week or the next.” He did not know why he added that last part to his sentence, but it was too late to take it back now.

“Alright, so I’ll see you around…twelve- thirty?”

“Sound reasonable.”

YunHo chuckled. “Okay, see you then.”

“You too.” The two ended their lines. JaeJoong could feel his heart increase by three within his chest and the smile on his face had now matured into a broaden one. It had only been two encounters and now he was going on a date with the seductive Jung, YunHo? He did not understand it, but the very thought was alluring and sensuous.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________