Interrupted Rest and Relaxation

A Father's Love

JaeJoong and JaeYoung lied close to one another, nuzzling in each other’s warmth. A day of rest and relaxation was the perfect way of spending a day off. The sudden repetitive ringing of the door bell and knocks on the door startled the father and son. JaeJoong groaned and smashed the pillow over his head, trying desperately to ignore the continuous irritations. “Appa, the door…someone’s at the door.” JaeYoung gently shook his father, smiling at his father’s childish behavior. “Appa…”

JaeJoong groaned once again as he raised his head to look at his son. “Do you really want to answer that?” The four year old thought for a moment before shaking his head. “I didn’t think so.” He leaned forward to kiss JaeYoung’s forehead when the knocks turned into banging. “Damn it!” He shouted as he threw the covers off himself and stomped downstairs.

“Damn it!” JaeYoung imitated his father as he hurried behind him. JaeJoong chuckled, it did not bother him that his son had cursed, if he did not learn it from him, he was going to learn it from somewhere else…and plus, it was cute.

JaeJoong opened the door, ready to confront whoever disturbed his day of relaxation. “JaeJoong!” He stumbled backwards as the tall, bubbly male crashed into him, embracing him in a tight hug. “How’s it going?” Once the male pulled away from him, he manage to get a full view of the male: a beautiful light crème colored complexion, dark brown hair that touched his shoulders and eyes that were a dazzling chocolate brown, the male had a boyish face yet a manly stature. He knew this person all too well…

“ChangMin? What the hell are you doing here?” He looked passed ChangMin to the male’s seemingly exhausted and irritable, olive skinned lover standing behind him, his light brown hair was slightly tousled; though it added more cuteness to his feminine appearance, his black eyes and thin, pink lips begged JaeJoong to send them home. “KiBum, you too?”

“ChangMin forced me to tag along.” KiBum replied rather lazily as he leered a hole in the back of the other’s head. JaeJoong rolled his eyes as he stepped out of the threshold allowing the two to enter his home, completely ignoring KiBum’s mental pleas.

JaeJoong and ChangMin have been best friends since the first year of middle school, both were inseparable, by the way the two hung around each other, many suspected them to date one another. However, when high school rolled around, ChangMin met KiBum; though, the chemistry between JaeJoong and KiBum was hatred and disdain, for ChangMin they settled their jealousy and too became close friends.

“I’m going to ask this one time and one time only, why…” JaeJoong started, but trailed off as his son came rushing towards the other two males.

“Cousin ChangMin! Cousin KiBum!” JaeYoung wrapped an arm around ChangMin’s left leg and KiBum’s right leg, squeezing tight. “Hi! Hi!”

ChangMin chuckled as he bent down to pick up the little boy, he still could not believe that he was so short for a boy. JaeJoong was definatly not giving him milk. “How’s my favorite nephew? You still haven’t grown since the last time I saw you.” The teasing remark caused the boy to pout.

“Just wait ChangMin, he’ll be taller than you.” KiBum replied as he outstretched his arms towards the boy, which he was happy to climb into. KiBum rubbed his lips against JaeYoung’s, it was a special greeting of theirs. “It’s okay Young, you’re more handsome than he is.” KiBum’s comment caused a little fight between the two.

“Enough!” JaeJoong bellowed quieting the arguing couple. “Can one of you please tell me why you are here!?”

“ChangMin.” KiBum muttered as he took a seat on the couch, tightening his hold around his proclaimed nephew as he inhaled the sweet shampoo scent of coconut and strawberries. “Tell him why we’re here.” KiBum glared at his lover.

ChangMin looked from KiBum to JaeJoong; he really did not have a reason why he wanted to come except for eating, playing with JaeYoung or just wanting to hang out with JaeJoong. “I missed you.” He smiled and tilted his head to the right. “Why else would I be here on such a surprisingly warm and sunny beautiful day?”

“Food.” JaeYoung giggled before hopping down off KiBum’s lap and walking to ChangMin with his hand extended out. “Come on, let’s go get some twibap.” He placed his tiny hand in ChangMin’s and tugged him towards the kitchen. “Come on Minnie.”

The two males watched as the other two left to head into the kitchen. “JaeYoung is such a sweetheart, he acts just like…” KiBum trailed off, unsure if he could say her name or not.

“Like BoA?” KiBum nodded. “You can say her name Bum, it’s not like we were lovers.”

“I know, but you two were good friends…closer than friends…siblings even. It’s like losing a family member.” He whispered quietly. “You think she is proud? Do you think his life would be better if she were alive?”

JaeJoong looked at KiBum with a smile. “I know she’s proud and I know that if she were alive his life would be just the same.” Though, he said it with confidence, he could not help, but wonder if it were true. Sure BoA was a wonderful person, but would she have allowed him to see JaeYoung? It hurt to think about it and it made him realize…maybe he was glad she wasn’t alive.
________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________