First Encounter: Anonymous Sensation

A Father's Love

“Alright, we have the strawberries, bean sprouts, Napa cabbage, Chapssal, Hanwu beef, and Gochujang.” JaeJoong listed off as he pointed to each said item in the shopping cart. “Do we have everything we need?” He turned his attention to his son, who clutched the shopping list in his hands.

JaeYoung looked down at the list momentarily then back up at his father, nodding his head with an extensive smile. “Yes.”

JaeJoong returned the smile. “Thank you for your help.” Planting a kiss on his son’s forehead, he lifted him out of the cart. “And to show Appa’s appreciation, how about I treat you to whatever you want?”

JaeYoung widen his eyes in surprise, “Anything I want?” he reiterated; making sure he had heard his father correctly.

JaeJoong cupped his son’s face in his hands and rubbed their noses together. “Anything, but will you be safe going alone?” JaeYoung nodded. “Alright Young, be careful and hurry back.” He nodded once more before hurrying off. JaeJoong let out a light chuckle, he knew he spoiled his son unnecessarily; nonetheless, he was not going to stop. JaeYoung is his only son and he was going to spoil him as much as possible.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Can we have apple pears?” MinHyun inquired as he held up the delicious tan fruit in his hand, his large brown eyes pleaded with his father; however, there was a discernible glint of mischief in them. “Please?” He prodded out his bottom lip adding more reason for his father to say yes.

YunHo stared down at his son’s face before shaking his head, astonished at how MinHyun could use the same expression and still have him give in. “How many?”

“Ten!” MinHyun exclaimed as he lifted ten fingers into the air.

YunHo tousled the child’s hair. “I think six should be enough.” He turned towards the bin of fruits and placed the biggest and juiciest apple pears into a plastic bag. “Okay, now that you have your apple pears, what do you want to eat for dinner?” YunHo slowly pushed the shopping cart down the produce aisle, debating if he needed any more fruits or any vegetables. “Min, what would you like for dinner?”

“…Shin Ramyeon?” The child shrugged. He did not care what he had for dinner, he already got what he wanted.

YunHo chuckled at his son, “How about…” he pressed his lips against MinHyun’s cheek. “…I eat you instead!” He pretended to chomp on the child’s cheek; making snarling sounds as he did so, while uncontrollable laughter erupted from both males.

“Appa…Stop!” MinHyun’s face was reddened and his lungs were lacking oxygen from all the hysterical laughter. “Stop Appa! Stop!” He cried out again. “I…can’t…breath!” YunHo stopped promptly, allowing the child to recuperate.

“Alright, Alright.” YunHo caressed his son’s cheeks, watching as the red hue slowly began to fade. “How does JapChae, and ManduGuk sound for dinner?”

“Delicious.” MinHyun rubbed his stomach to emphasis the word.

“Same for me kiddo.” He pushed the cart over to the vegetable section of the produce aisle. “Can you help me?” He received a small nod from the child. “Can you go get the spinach, carrots, and mushrooms for me?” MinHyun nodded once again before his father lifted him out of the basket. “Hurry back.” While MinHyun gathered the said vegetables, YunHo busied himself with gathering the rest of the vegetables he needed to create both dishes. He may not be an excellent cook, but he learned a few tips and tricks from his mother to help him get by.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Appa! I want this!” JaeYoung waddled back over to his father, tightly clutching a pink colored container. “I want this.” He ed the container upwards so JaeJoong could get a better look.

JaeJoong looked at the container then at his son with his eyebrow elevated. “Strawberry melona bars? But it’s too cold for…” He trailed off as soon as JaeYoung’s jovial expression shifted into a pout; he inhaled deeply before letting the gathered air back out causing his bangs to flutter. “I did say I’ll get you whatever you want, didn’t I?” JaeYoung nodded, a mischievous smile tugged at his lips. “Okay then, melona bars it is.”

The father and son began making their way to the front to check out, JaeYoung skipping as he stared at the melona bar container, his mouth convulsing to taste the strawberry creamcicles. Due to the fact he was distracted by the craving, he failed to notice the boy in front of him. “JaeYoung, watch where you…” JaeJoong forewarned; though, the warning came too late, JaeYoung shoulder bump the young boy.

The container slid from JaeYoung’s hands and onto the floor. “Oops! I’m sorry!” He bowed politely before coming back to the upright position. “I’m-MinHyun!” He threw his arms open and brought the boy into a hug. “Hi MinHyun.” The candid personality he showed yesterday was surfacing.

“Hi JaeYoung.” MinHyun stepped out of the embrace and picked up the melona container from the floor, handing it back to the other boy.

“JaeYoung, you have to watch where you’re going.” JaeJoong glanced from JaeYoung to MinHyun and smiled, he had not expected to see him so soon. “Well nice to see you again MinHyun.”

MinHyun smiled back and toddled over to the male. “Hi JaeJoong Omma.” JaeJoong did not expect MinHyun to latch onto his right leg, giving it a firm embrace and because of this, he missed the teasing greeting the child had said.

“MinHyun, are you bothering these gentlemen?” YunHo questioned as he made his way to the three males. “I’m sorry if he’s bothering you…” YunHo trailed off as he made eye contact with JaeJoong. Mesmerizing black eyes met mysterious ones as a glint of electricity shot through the air between them, neither had never felt such an attraction like this before, let alone met someone who gave them this anonymous sensation. “Uh…Sorry, I’m Jung, YunHo…MinHyun’s father.” He forcefully tore his gaze from JaeJoong and looked down at his son, who was now talking to JaeYoung.

JaeJoong smiled. “I’m Kim, JaeJoong…JaeYoung’s father.” He looked at the two boys talking away as silence began to hover where the electricity once existed. “Um…JaeYoung and I need to head home…it was nice to meet you Jung, YunHo.”

“It was nice to meet you too Kim, JaeJoong, and please, just call me YunHo.” He stuck out his hand for a handshake.

“Alright then…YunHo, call me JaeJoong.” JaeJoong accepted the handshake, actually allowing it to linger longer than intended. “Come on JaeYoung, we have to go.” He replied, pulling from YunHo’s grip. “Again I say nice meeting you.”

“Bye MinHyun, MinHyun’s Appa!” JaeYoung waved to both males before hurrying to catch up with his father, sliding his tiny hand into JaeJoong’s.

YunHo watched as the couple headed towards the checkout lane, he had to be honest with himself about the fact that he had felt a connection with JaeJoong and from the looks of it, JaeJoong had felt it too. He began wondering if he should have asked JaeJoong for his number; however, quickly discarded the thought for it would have been to inappropriate for a first greeting. “Come on MinHyun, let’s go.” He lifted his son back into the basket with only one question on his mind…would he see JaeJoong again?
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________