Forevermore...

A Father's Love

“Appa, when can I leave?” JaeYoung inquired with a pouted as he tried his best to fold his arms, which was unlikely since his right arm was in a cast and sling. “I want to go.” The child had been in the hospital for a total of nine and a half days with nothing beneficial for him to do.

JaeJoong took his seat on the edge of the hospital bed and tousled his son’s hair. “Just as soon as cousin Bummie gets back and lets us know how things are going.” He chuckled lightly at the heavy sigh that escaped his child’s lips. “I know kiddo, I want you out of here too.”

“Me too! Me too!” MinHyun exclaimed as he climbed on the bed and gave JaeYoung a hug, he was delighted at the fact he could have his best friend with him again. “I missed you so much!”

“We all did.” YunHo added with a warm smile.

Within just two minutes, KiBum entered the room shortly after. “Alright Jae, all his tests came back negative so no brain damage or serious injuries has occurred and at the rate his arm is healing, it should heal in about four to six weeks.” He smiled at everyone in the room. “In other words, he is free to go home.”

“Yay!” JaeYoung squealed as he hopped off the bed, “Thank you cousin Bummie for taking care of me.” He smiled as he tried his best to give KiBum a hug without use his right arm.

KiBum returned the one-arm hug. “Anytime kiddo, but don’t let anything like that happen again, understand?” The child nodded before moving towards MinHyun.

JaeJoong pulled his best friend into a warm loving embrace. “Thank you so much for all you have done, I’m really grateful.”

“Anything for family.” He whispered as he caressed JaeJoong’s back. “Anything.” After about a minute in the hug, KiBum pulled back. “Now, make sure he eats plenty of foods with calcium and vitamin D to induce the healing process in his arm and also, I advise he gets physical therapy to strengthen the unused muscles in his arm once it heals.”

“Will do.” JaeJoong nodded.

“Now that that’s settled, go and spend time with YunHo and the boys.” He smiled before pushing JaeJoong towards the door. “Go, before JaeYoung throws a tantrum.”

“Okay, okay.” JaeJoong chuckled as he took hold of his son’s left hand. “I’m sorry, let’s go.” He looked back at KiBum. “See you later Bummie…and thanks again.”

“Yeah, yeah see you later.” KiBum waved with another smile creasing his lips as he watched the father-son pair take leave.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

“So, now that Mini Jae is out of the hospital.” YunHo hoisted JaeYoung up on his left hip before doing the same with MinHyun on his right, “How about we have a relaxing day at the park?” The boys nodded eagerly with large smiles, they needed to let all their much bottled up energy out. “How about you Jae? You coming?”

“Of course.” JaeJoong smiled, a day to relax after a what seemed like a years worth of agony was very much appreciated. “I would love nothing more than spending a peaceful a day with you three.”

YunHo returned the smile as he began walking towards his car, he had not forgotten about his question for JaeJoong, it was the reason why he was taking them all to the park. “Well then, let’s get going.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

The drive to the park was a pleasant and an amusing thirty minutes for them, YunHo and JaeJoong chuckled as they listened to MinHyun and JaeYoung argued about whether they should swing first or play on the monkey bars. As expected, they had finally settled going on the slide first. “Min Min, let’s go play!” JaeYoung exclaimed as he jumped out of the backseat of the car and ushered for the older child to follow him.

“Have fun you two! But don’t play too rough! I don’t need JaeYoung injuring his arm again!” JaeJoong called out to the boys, yet it only fell upon deaf ears. He shook his head and chuckled, “I might have to plan another visit to KiBum when this is all over.” He looked back at YunHo who was grabbing things from the trunk. “Do you need any help?”

“Nope.” YunHo closed the trunk and lifted the picnic basket in his hand. “Let’s go find a big tree and have lunch.”

JaeJoong smirked. “I’m starting to think you had all this planned.”

“I did.” He kissed JaeJoong’s cheek. “Come on.” He escorted JaeJoong down to big shady tree six feet from the playground yet was four feet from the tree they had sat under on their first date. He stretched out the blanket he had brought out on the grass before taking a seat. “Are you hungry? I made lunch this time.”

JaeJoong smiled as he took a seat alongside YunHo, he did not know YunHo could cook…then again, how would he know when he was constantly cooking for the other. “What did you make?”

“I made a chopped chicken salad with homemade lemon and honey vinaigrette and western gourmet sandwiches.” YunHo boasted with poise. “I also have mixed tropical fruits, water and wine.”

“I’m impressed.” JaeJoong chuckled as he took out a salad, “And it looks delicious, I have to taste more of your exquisite cooking skills.”

“You can taste anything of mine you want anytime and anywhere.” YunHo flirted huskily in JaeJoong’s ear, sending a jolt of excitement down his spine. He clearly got the double meaning to his words.

“As of right now, the one thing I want to taste cannot be shown in public.” He flirted back, “Which really because I really, really want to taste....” The two shared a concise laugh at their flirty remarks, it was truly missed during the previous hellish months or so.

“Okay, let’s eat before the little monsters join us.” YunHo replied as he took out a western gourmet sandwich and watched JaeJoong take a bite out of his chicken salad. “Is it good?”

“It’s perfect.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After the two finished eating their share of the lunch, YunHo stretched out on the blanket while JaeJoong’s head rested on his chest, both watching as the kids laughed and played whilst enjoying the cool breeze enmesh around them. “I love you.” YunHo whispered breaking the silence whisking about in the air. “It’s been a while since I’ve said that but I do, I love you.”

“I know you do.” JaeJoong mumbled lifting his gaze up at YunHo, smiling. “I love you too.” This time, he kissed YunHo’s cheek. “Very much.”

“I want you to be with me forever.” YunHo sat up and gazed down at the passive male with intense infatuation. “At first I wanted you to move in with me, I even discussed it with KiBum and he agreed I should ask you, but I don’t want you to just move in with me…”

JaeJoong now sat up, he had no idea where this topic was headed. One second they were saying I love you and then the next YunHo was talking about wanting JaeJoong to with him forever, want him to move in and then not wanting him to. “YunHo, what are you talking—”

“I want you to marry me.” YunHo blurted out cutting him off. “I want you to marry me.” He repeated just in case JaeJoong pulled the ‘Say that again’ card. “I could give you a speech to why I want to marry you, but then I’d be short of words when giving my vows…that is if you say yes.” He smiled and took out a sterling silver man’s ring with thirteen carat diamonds encrusting around the center and a sapphire embedded as the focal point. “So will you?”

JaeJoong stared wordlessly at the ring, those diamonds were definitely not cubic zirconia. His eyes mesmerized from looking at so much sparkle, his mind vacant. Now he knew how females felt went they were proposed to. “YunHo…I-I’m-I’m speechless, it-it’s-this is rather unexpected.”

“It’s supposed to be, it wouldn’t be fun if you knew about it.” YunHo chuckled. “So, what’s your answer? Idyllic yes or dreadful no?” His heart began racing with anxiety as he waited for JaeJoong to reply; however, he did not receive an answer but instead JaeJoong grabbed his face and pressed their lips together in a possessive, ardent kiss. A kiss that lasted a total of three minutes. “I take that as the idyllic yes.” YunHo smiled once they parted.

JaeJoong took the ring and slipped it on his finger. “It’s a definite yes.”

YunHo smiled as he pulled JaeJoong into a kiss this time. “Kim JaeJoong, You are now mine and I yours…forevermore.”

“…And I wouldn’t have it any other way, Jung YunHo.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________