Seul Gi's Apology

A Father's Love

“So do you think you and EunHyuk will be able to come to the gathering tomorrow?” YunHo asked as he watched DongHae instruct the dancers with his choreography. He and JaeJoong and finally decided two days later that they would hold a gathering for all friends to mingle and learn about the engagement.

DongHae smiled at his friend. “Of course! Where food will be, I’ll be.”

“And where you’ll be, EunHyuk will make sure he’s there.” YunHo chuckled as did DongHae while nodding in agreement. “Alright buddy, I’ll let you finish up.” YunHo turned to leave before DongHae called his name.

“Hey by the way man, Hyuk’s been telling me what's going on with you.” YunHo nodded, of course he knew EunHyuk would tell his lover. “I’d like to say I praise you for your strength after everything you’ve been through. I don’t think I would’ve been as strong as you through the hard times…even with HyukJae by my side.”

YunHo smiled. It meant a lot to him that his friend praised him, but all honest truth, he only had the strength because JaeJoong had given it to him. “Thank Hae.” Turning, he continued on his way out. He was just out of the main entrance leaving for Y&Y when he bumped into a petite female. “Oh! I’m sorry! I…Seul Gi?” He frowned what was she doing here?

“YunHo…I need to talk to you, is there somewhere we can go?” Seul Gi whispered, her voice seemed fatigued and her pale and messy appearance didn’t help either. “Please? It’s important.”

YunHo sighed heavily, he might regret this later. “Fine.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“So all of you are coming, right?” JaeJoong questioned as he stared at his friends with hopeful eyes. He had gathered his friends from the bakery and from the restaurant so they would all know about the gathering. He had also hidden his ring so no questions would be centered around it or even try to put a price tag on it (HeeChul). “It would really mean everything to me if you all would come.”

“So it’s at YunHo’s place?” HeeChul asked gazing up to reveal his blue lips due to him eating blue frosting.

“Yes.”

“It’s tomorrow?” HanKyung questioned this time, raising his hand as if he were in school.

“Yep.”

LeeTeuk in a deep breath, “I don’t know Jae, I don’t think KangIn and I will be able to make it.” A teasing smile tugged at his lips whilst he watched JaeJoong’s face flash to that of disheartenment. “I’m kidding bucket head, of course we’ll be there.”

“We all will be there.” RyeoWook agreed.

“You better, or I will be kicking all of your asses.” JaeJoong threaten.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
YunHo parked his car and killed the engine before turning his full attention onto Seul Gi. “So what is it you want to talk about? And before you speak, please be mindful that you are not getting MinHyun back.” He wanted to make sure she was fully aware not matter what she said, MinHyun was his son.

“That’s not why I wanted to talk.” She had not turned to the other, her attention remain forward. It had been like that the whole ride. “Can we get out, it’s kind-of tense in here.” Without hearing any agreement from YunHo, she exited the car and walked towards a small bench before taking a seat.

YunHo followed after her, he was in utter confusion about Seul Gi’s demeanor. Something was wrong. It just did not seem right. “Seul Gi, what is wrong with you? Why did you need to talk to me?”

“Did you know a father’s love is just as vital as a mother’s?” YunHo frowned at her analogy, of course he knew that. “In the animal kingdom male wolves help protect, feed and play with their pups, seahorse males carry the eggs in their pouches, and beaver fathers teach their offspring how to search for materials to build and repair their own dams…animals are amazing, we can learn from them.”

“Seul Gi, what the hell are you talking about?” He had to be somewhere and her random facts where irritating him, “Is this what you wanted to talk about?”

“Do you hate me?” She finally turned towards him, giving him that same dazed looking she had before. “Do you hate me after all I’ve done to you?”

“Seul—.”

“I won’t blame you, because I hate myself.”

YunHo sighed, hate was such a strong word to use. Honestly, he did not hate her, but he did have a dislike towards her. “No, I don’t hate you. I hate what you have become, but I don’t hate you.”

“I went before the judge today and had him strip me of any affiliation I had with MinHyun…again. I am so sorry for what I’ve done, I was being selfish—.'

"YunHo folded his arms and sneered. "That's an understatement."

"—And only thinking about myself and the need to give JiHoon a child.”

“You're a female Seul Gi, you could've given him one yourself? Why take the one I've raised solely on my own?” She never answered the question before and he needed an answer.

“Because I can’t have kids…” Her voice was just a docile little whisper and he barely heard her. “Well at least that’s what the doctor told me before…” She trailed off.

“What do you mean?” Everything she was saying was confusing him and she need to elaborate. Soon.

“I’m pregnant!” She shrieked, her dazed look became that of grief. “I’m pregnant…three months.”

YunHo frowned was that not what she wanted? Beacuse as he rememebered it was what they argued about. “So what’s the problem with that? It’s what you wanted…unless you…” He failed to say what he was thinking. What lingered between them as unspoken.

“No, I never cheated on JiHoon…but…but the doctor told me I had inflammation of the fallopian tubes as well as some type of fluid buildup in them. It’s been collecting for years.” YunHo remained silent as Seul Gi began to cry. “And now, yesterday I found out I was pregnant with the slight possibility I might miscarriage.” Her sobs became harder. “God’s punishing me for what I’ve done to you.”

YunHo instinctively wrapped his arms around Seul Gi and began to rub her arm trying to appease her. There really was not much he could say to relief her of her remorse and pain she was feeling. “God is not punishing you and there was a slight possibility you might miscarriage, not a guarantee.” He pulled Seul Gi away so he could look at her, “You will carry this child full term and give birth to a healthy baby. Does JiHoon know?”

Seul Gi shook her head. “No, I’m afraid if I tell him I’ll miscarry.”

“You should tell him anyway, let him know you are willing to raise a child with him.” YunHo smiled, regardless how he felt towards her, he still felt obligated to help her. “You are not being punished you are being blessed with the opportunity to have a child of your own.”

Through her tears, Seul Gi smiled back. For the first time in the years they had known one another never had they been this close or even polite. “I think we should be getting back. I’m sure you have somewhere to be.” She stood as did YunHo, “Again I am truly sorry, I will never see you or MinHyun again. It’s time to live my life with my husband…and child.”

“You are forgiven Seul Gi…oh! And congratulations.” YunHo embraced her again.

She hugged him back. She was glad she had talked to him, glad that he listened to her explanation even her sob story. Glad he was the father of their child. “Thanks YunHo…Thanks for everything.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________