Can't Wait

A Father's Love

JaeJoong sighed heavily as he used his fork to jab jadedly at the slice of strawberry cheesecake in front of him. Over the past weeks, he and YunHo had been working massively hard on planning their ceremony that was taking place in the next three months. It was initially set for a year so they could live together and figure out everything then; however, YunHo’s parents were planning a year vacation trip to Paris, Spain, Japan, and Hawaii and did not want the couple to wait two years until tying the knot. Thus, how the rush for a nuptial ceremony in three months began. Though, neither was complaining.

“Why the long face Jae?” RyeoWook questioned as he sat next his monotonous friend, he was nibbling merrily on a freshly baked pumpkin spice cookie topped with vanilla frosting. “You should be excited! You’re getting married in three months!”

JaeJoong pushed the plate from him and rested his head on the table, giving the soft-spoken feminine male a weary smile. “Don’t let the facade fool you, I’m very excited, it’s just the preparation has really made me fatigued.”

“True, but it’s well worth it in the end.” RyeoWook shrugged while turning his attention to the uneaten cheesecake, pulling it towards him. “So have you guys decided on a theme?”

“We don’t really have a theme, we decided the wedding colors will be black, white and light blue.” JaeJoong gave a loving smile this time, “MinHyun and JaeYoung picked the colors...after we explained that yellow, green and red isn’t the best combination.”

RyeoWook chuckled and patted his friend’s shoulder. “Well they did a great job.”

“Their opinion matters as much as ours.”

RyeoWook inclined his head as he gave JaeJoong a large grin. “You know, I think it’s cute how you use ‘we’ and ‘our’ instead of ‘YunHo and I’ or ‘mine and YunHo’s’. It shows that you’ve already accepted being YunHo’s life-long partner.”

“Not just accepted, I was born to be his life partner.” The males shared a brief chuckle when the entry door chimed, they both looked up to greet the costumer; however, JaeJoong frowned upon seeing whom it was. “What are you doing here?”

Seul Gi gave a warm smile, even though she knew it would not be returned. “I came to talk to you.”

“What for?” JaeJoong’s demeanor was heavily guarded.

“Hey Jae, I’m gonna head in the back.” RyeoWook stood from the table and began walking towards the kitchen, he could sense the tension between the two and knew that whatever was going on had something to do with her previous visit.

“Alright.” JaeJoong replied over his shoulder before turning his attention back to the smiling female before him, her smile was confusing and intriguing him at the same time. “What did you need to talk to me about?”

She took a seat where RyeoWook had just left from. “I came to apologize for the way I acted the last time, it was very disrespectful of me.”

JaeJoong narrowed his eyes. “I don’t believe you.”

Seul Gi sighed, she knew it would be a lot harder to convince JaeJoong. “And by all means you shouldn’t, but I thought since I apologized to YunHo personally, it’s only fair I do the same to you.”

“Funny, YunHo didn’t mention anything about you apologizing to him.”

Seul Gi frowned, she did not like the attitude JaeJoong was giving her. “Listen JaeJoong, I personally don’t care if you believe me or not…”

“Good, because I don’t.”

“But at least let me explain my reasons for apologizing.”

There was a pregnant paused before JaeJoong gave a nonchalant shrug. “Fine.”

Her smile returned after hearing his response. “Well as I told YunHo, I had the judge strip me of any connections I had with MinHyun since I will never be in his life.” She looked down at her abdomen and placed a hand on it, her smile never fading. “I have a family of my own I need to attend to.” She returned her gaze back to JaeJoong. “After I explained to YunHo that the doctor said I couldn’t have kids, he told me that the child I’m carrying now is a blessing.”

JaeJoong smiled, it did sound like something his lover would say. “So how far along are you?”

“Three going on four in about a week.” She rested her hand on JaeJoong’s, ignoring how he tensed under her touch. “JaeJoong, I am truly sorry for my behavior and threatening the bakery and like I said, you don’t have to accept my apology, I’m just glad I did.”

Without a single word, JaeJoong pulled his hand back, stood from the table and heading off to the kitchen. Only to return minutes later with two plates with a slice of strawberry cheesecake on them. “You have time to have cheesecake with me, right?”

“Yes I do.” Seul Gi chuckled as the taste for cheesecake made water. “Is this your way of accepting my apology?” She asked taking a bit out of her slice.

“If that’s how you understand it.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“I’m home!” YunHo exclaimed as he entered his residence, he had just came from visiting Hong SeokCheon to make sure he was available during the month for his and JaeJoong’s nuptial ceremony. “JaeJoong? MinHyun? JaeYoung?” He followed the saccharine, spicy aroma that flowed from the kitchen through the house. “Guys?”

“Appa!” MinHyun hopped off the counter and rushed up to his father. “Appa guess what, I helped JaeJoong Omma make dinner!”

“I helped too!” JaeYoung pouted and folded his arms when didn’t receive any credit.

YunHo chuckled and kissed MinHyun’s cheek first and then JaeYoung’s, adding ruffling his hair to cheer him up. “Well I’m proud of you kiddos.” He turned his attention to the male slicing cucumbers, smirking YunHo strolled over to JaeJoong and wrapped his arms around his waist. Planting a kiss on his neck. “How was your day BooJae?”

“Great, but I did get a surprise visit from Seul Gi.” JaeJoong turned to face YunHo and wrapped his arms around his neck, “You never told me you talked to her.”

YunHo shrugged. “She said she’d be out of our lives, I didn’t think it was necessary.” He leaned forward, his eyes staring at the passive male’s thick taunting lips, “I’m sorry, you’re not mad at me are you?”

“Oh you’ll know when I’m mad.” He pecked YunHo’s lips, knowing it was what the other was waiting for. “Dinner’s almost ready, you and the boys go wash up.”

YunHo winked and gave JaeJoong’s behind a tight soft squeeze. “Yes Omma.”

“Yah!” JaeJoong smacked at the male’s hand and blushed when he heard the children giggle, “Not in front of the kids.”

“Why? They’re used to it.” JaeJoong sneered; however, YunHo chuckled and hoisted JaeJoong up in his arms, loving how the male’s legs instinctively wrapped around his waist. “I truly can’t wait to marry you.”

“Neither can I.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________