Day off For Relaxation

A Father's Love

“Appa…Appa…” YunHo groaned as he rolled over and nestled deeper underneath the large bulky blue comforter, trying desperately to ignore the voice calling him. “Appa wake up!” The young male shook his father as hard as he could, “Appa!” The young male elongated in exasperation.

Half-drowsy YunHo groaned once again as he sat up, “What is it MinHyun?” he rubbed the sleep from his eyes before opening them, blinking repeatedly to clear his distorted vision. “What is it?”

MinHyun folded his arms and pouted at his disoriented father, “You said we were going to hang out today…” his voice began to falter, afraid his father had forgotten or changed his mind. “…You didn’t forget, did you Appa?”

“Of course not.” YunHo stretched and let out a loud yawn, he looked over at the digital clock beside the bed before looking at his son once again. “It’s eleven forty-seven, what do you want to do first?”

MinHyun placed his index finger on his chin and looked up at the ceiling as if he was actually thinking about where he wanted to go. “Can we eat breakfast first?”

YunHo tossed the comforter off his body and pulled his son towards him, tickling him. “Absolutely, just let me take a shower and get dressed, then we can go.” MinHyun nodded and crawled off the bed, he chuckled as he watched as his son disappeared out the door. YunHo rolled off the bed and headed into the bathroom for a shower, ready to start his morning with the joy of his life. MinHyun was an exact replica of him, the only resemblance he had to Seul Gi was her chestnut brown hair and large, doe brown eyes.

Five years had passed by since Seul Gi had told him about the pregnancy; though, he was taken aback, he was more than excited to have a child of his own. When MinHyun was born, she didn’t want anything to do with the infant and turned over all her rights to YunHo before vanishing from existence. The first year was hard and expensive, even with the support of his parents, but as time went on, the rest had been nothing but achievements and happiness for him. He now owned an ongoing dance academy called ‘Dance Restoration’ as well as part ownership of his best friend's Publishing Company serving as a songwriter.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“Appa…” Whispers a young male as he crawled on the bed and lied on his father’s chest, “Appa...” he placed his head on his father’s chest just above his heart, listening as it beats in a familiar, soothing rhythm. This area had always been where he lied since the day he was born, never forgetting the rhythm of his father’s heart.

JaeJoong awoke from the weight of his son resting on his chest, he looked over at the digital clock on his dresser to see it was eleven fifty-four. He sat up against the headboard and groaned heavily while he ran a hand over his face. He was so tired.

The young boy raised his head and grinned at his father. “Morning Appa.”

JaeJoong cleared the hoarseness from his voice before he spoke. “JaeYoung? What are you doing up so early?”

JaeYoung placed his head back on his father’s chest as he played with his father’s long fingers. “I didn’t smell breakfast.” The innocent reply caused JaeJoong chuckled and wrap his arms around his son as he placed a kiss on the crown of his head. “You’re not going to work today?”

JaeJoong smiled. “Nope, EeTeuk gave me the day off…meaning a day with you.” He blew against his son’s cheek causing the boy to laugh. “I know it’s late, but would you like omerice for breakfast?” The boy nodded happily, omerice and strawberry juice is his favorite breakfast dish. “Okay then, let’s go get started.” The two scooted off the bed to make breakfast.

Sous chef of restaurant ‘Orient’, Kim, JaeJoong was a stunning male who was frequently mistaken for a woman because of his appearance. His skin was a rich and smooth milky crème color, jet black hair that touched the end of his neck, black eyes filled with secrecy and thick, light pink lips. JaeYoung was lucky to inherit such glorious traits, only minor differences were his brown hair and beige complexion which were inherited from his mother.

Four years had passed since JaeYoung came along. JaeJoong originally did not want kids as his life was already hectic and a child would complicate it further; however, that did not stop him from contributing his seeds to allow his best friend to have a child of her own to raise…Though, the decision came at a price. She died an hour after childbirth, yet not before naming JaeJoong as prime caretaker if anything were to happen. It broke him to know he lost one of his best friend; however, he gained a son in the process, maybe it was fate for her to go so soon, to show JaeJoong life would always be complicated yet it will always make sure to bring happiness with it.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“So where you want to go next?” YunHo sipped on his caramel espresso and took a bite out of the blueberry muffin placed in front of him.

MinHyun happily munched on his cinnamon roll while he swung his legs back and forth, a habit he had developed when he learned how to eat. “I don’t know.” He smiled at his father and cocked his head to the side, making one of the most adorable expressions YunHo had always seen. “I just want to be with my Appa.”

YunHo smiled at his son’s reply. “Same for me kiddo, same for me.” He stuffs the last morsel of his muffin in his mouth and washed it down his throat with the rest of his espresso. “You ready to go?” MinHyun nodded. “Kay, let’s go.” Hopping off the chair, the child followed after his father.

“Where are we going?” YunHo felt a tiny hand slip into his, tightening as if the owner was afraid to let go.

“Want to see what uncle YooChun and uncle JunSu are up to?” MinHyun gasped and nodded with so much enthusiasm, YunHo thought his son’s head was going to fall off. “Alright, Calm down, we’ll go see them.”

“Yay!” MinHyun squealed in excitement. He loved his uncles, they spoiled him every chance they got…and that was every day.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JaeJoong rested his elbow in the table as he watched his son eat, it always interested him on how his son ate. “What would you like to do today?” JaeYoung shrugged while rocking his head from side to side, happily chewing his favorite breakfast. “Come on, you have to know.”

JaeYoung drunk his strawberry juice, as he thought about the subject. “Um…sleep?” JaeJoong giggled at his son’s remark; that was a good idea. “I just want to be with you…Omma.” He knew his father hated being called mother, especially since he was always being confused with one; however, it seemed to suit him more than Appa.

“I told you not to call me that.” JaeJoong complained flicking a piece of omerice at JaeYoung, whom was snickering in amusement. “I’m Appa, not Omma.” He stood from the table, picked up the dishes and placed them inside the sink. He’ll wash them later.

JaeYoung jumped off the chair, a large smile smeared across his little face. “But you’re so pretty, Appa shouldn’t be pretty…so you should be Om-ah!” The young boy screamed as his father chased him. He waddled out of the kitchen and towards the bedroom, jumping on the bed, he hid under the cover.

JaeJoong too jumped on the bed, tickling the little hump under the red comforter. “I’m Appa, come on say it, say Appa!” JaeYoung squirmed trying to move out of his father’s reach, but no avail. Laughter erupted from both males. “Say Appa!”

“Omma!” The boy’s face was pink from all the laughter he was doing, but he knew soon he was going to need air. His father continued to tickle him, wanting to hear the words he was supposed to be called. “Stop Appa! Stop!” JaeJoong stopped, satisfied. JaeYoung gave a two minute pause before replying, “I love you Appa.”

JaeJoong smiled and blew air into JaeYoung’s mouth causing his cheeks to puff up. “And I love you too.” The child wrapped his arms around his father and buried his face into his neck. JaeJoong was very glad to be the father of this lovable, vivacious child.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________