Growing Up Too Fast

A Father's Love

“Now I want you to obey your teacher and behave, understand?” YunHo raised his eyebrow at MinHyun who nodded, earning him a pat on the head. The two stood in front of MinHyun’s school, YunHo still couldn’t believe how fast MinHyun was growing up. He remembered all the restless nights he had been through, wishing he could grow up; however, thinking about it now, he simply missed it. “Okay kiddo, I’ll see you after school.” He kissed his son and hugged him tight before nudging him towards the school. “I love you.”

“Love you too Appa.” MinHyun turned and hurried to the school doors where his friends awaited him. He sighed, he was growing up just too fast. Turning on his heel, he made his way to his car and as he did, he couldn’t help but over hear the humorous conversation between a young boy and his father. Normally, it was the father assuring the son.

“Now are you sure, you don’t want to stay home?” JaeJoong released his son from the hug he had him in, but failed to let go of his hands. “You know cousin Teuk will give me the day off and we can stay home together, again.” He poked out his bottom lip and enlarged his pupils creating the cutest expression JaeYoung has already seen and was use to. He was postponing JaeYoung’s leave, he didn’t want his son to go. He wasn’t ready to let go…not ever.

JaeYoung sighed heavily and pulled his hands from his father’s grip, palming his father’s face in between them. “Appa, I have to go to class.” He kissed his father and hugged him. “I love you.” He let go and hurried to the school, he waved before disappearing between the main doors.

“I love you too.” He whispered, he stood and waited, hoping JaeYoung would run back to him, but after a minute he knew he was wasting time. Turning on his heels, he walked to his car. He missed his son already.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“The next moves you’ll step forward three times, slide back, step your right foot out, bring it back in and pop your chest.” YunHo demonstrated his instructions to his class, “I’ll show you with music before adding the hand movements to the routine.” The music began and everyone in the room watched as YunHo blended the first dance moves and the second into fluid motions, the way his body moved made it look so easy. Stopping the music, he turned to the class. “Alright, you try.”

Loud groans of annoyance and exhaustion filled the room, ignoring them, YunHo the stereo and watched each individual repeat the moves he had taught each of them. Each one had the dance right, some slower than other’s but he always told them to go at their own pace. Just as he reached the last person, a figure came gliding across the floor in front of him, popping his chest and his arms as he did so. “They’re not ready for something like that EunHyuk.” YunHo turned off the stereo, seeing as the others stopped to watch EunHyuk. “What do you need?”

EunHyuk let out a laugh. “I just came to see what you were doing.” YunHo folded his arms and gave him an ‘are-you-serious?’ facial expression. “Kidding, I’m actually bored and decided to come by to see if you wanted to have a dance off. You against me.” The entire room was filled with whispers.

YunHo chuckled. “You can’t ask Donghae or Seung Ri?”

EunHyuk shook his head. “Nope, I want to battle you.” He narrowed his eyes and spread a teasing smirk across his lips. “Unless you’re scared I’ll kick your .” More whispers erupted in the room.

YunHo shook his head. “Alright then…let’s get started.” He took off his t-shirt, revealing his black muscle shirt…and muscle it revealed, EunHyuk actually had to look away and repeat ‘you love DongHae’ in his mind multiple times before looking back at him. “You start.” YunHo offered.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“JaeJoong…Jae…JaeJoong!” JaeJoong jumped and jerked his head up from cutting zucchini, he turned to looked at the male that had just called his name. “Be careful, one more cut and your finger would’ve been sliced.” He looked down to see indeed that if he did one more cut, he’d be explaining to JaeYoung why it’s important to be cautious with knives.

“Thanks HanKyung.” The male nodded and continued his chopping on the carrots. Getting another piece of zucchini, he began thinking of his son; he missed him so much, he wondered if he was alright, if he was eating his lunch, was he being careful as he play—

“!” He stopped chopping to see HanKyung had accidently sliced his finger, it wasn’t a really deep cut, just one of those cuts that’ll heal in a week. Being the Sous Chef he was, he hurried over to his co-worker. “I told you to be careful and I ended up cutting myself.” HanKyung chuckled. “SiWon’s going to pissed.”

“Let me see it.” JaeJoong inspected it, blood free flowed from the cut and JaeJoong chuckled. “It’s okay, it’s not deep.” He lifted HanKyung’s finger to his lips and the blood from the cut, shocking the young man. It wasn’t like he did it on purpose, his parental instincts took over. “Go wash it up and put a band-aid over it.” He shooed the stunned male towards EeTeuk’s office.

“Was that absolutely necessary?” He turned to see a pouting HeeChul standing behind him. “That is a safety violation.” He could see the end of the other’s mouth twitch, a sign he was teasing. “Do you know where that finger has been?”

JaeJoong shrugged. “Eh, where ever it’s been, it sure has a sweet taste.” He teased back, enjoying the disgusted expression on HeeChul’s face. “So, how was being Sous Chef for a day?” he asked shifting between jobs and checking on the jasmine rice before sautéing Bok Choy.

HeeChul rolled his eyes, here comes the drama queen. “Terrible! I don’t understand how you put up with it! All the constant asking questions, the constant shouting and whining.” He huffed a dramatic sigh before taking some shredded carrots and green onions and tossing them into the wok JaeJoong had. “It’s all overrated.”

JaeJoong chuckled. “So are you.”

HeeChul quickly changed the subject. “How’s my son?”

“Your son?” JaeJoong raised an eyebrow at the other.

“Yeah, my son as in JaeYoung? How is he?”

JaeJoong rolled his eyes. “He’s great, growing up a little too fast for my liking, but he’s marvelous.” The realization of JaeYoung growing up pained him, god he wished there was a serum to make him stay young.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

The dance room was live with hoots and hollers as the two choreographers battled it out, sweat trickled from their bodies as their breathing became irregular. EunHyuk isolated each body part as he popped, the moves made it look as if he popped his joints out of their sockets. He bended backwards before coming back up. “You tired yet Yun?” His tone was teasing him, taunting, wanting the other to give up.

“Yeah right.” YunHo glided backwards before gliding to the right, he popped his chest before ripping it out into a flare which then evolved into a pike freeze.

EunHyuk smacked his lips and brushed YunHo off; he always had to show off. “Alright, touché.” He wasn’t about to admit defeat, that just was not in his vocabulary. “I’m gonna head back and see what DongHae’s doing, see ya.” He saluted before exiting YunHo’s dance room.

Come back to an upright position, he turned back to class. “Fun is over, let’s get back to learning these moves.” Grunts and groans filled the room once again making YunHo shake his head. That’s what it took to be a dancer; to learn moves no matter how tired you were.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________