Second Encounter: Attraction

A Father's Love

YunHo sat on the hardwood floor of his dance room as his group of dancers battled it out; he did not feel motivated to practice any choreography, especially with his mind on his best friend. For the past couple of days, he had been trying to figure out how he was going to convince YooChun to speak to his father, convince him his father still loved him and wanted to make penitence; however, he knew his friend…he knew he needed more than convincing when he spoke to YooChun. He gave a long noisy yawn as if thinking had made him fatigued. “YunHo…” The voice was so depressed and unrecognizable, he had to face the person to see whom it belonged to. “Can I talk to you privately…” JunSu stood next to him, pale and fidgeting constantly. “Please…”

YunHo immediately stood from the hardwood floor and followed JunSu out of the room. Once he was sure they were out of ear range of his student’s, he immediately began questioning JunSu. “JunSu, What are you doing here? Did something happen to YooChun?” He narrowed his eyes to carefully read JunSu. “Something happened didn’t it?”

JunSu shook his head. “No…not entirely, YooChun has locked himself in his office, he rarely eats and he refuses to talk to anyone…including me.” Tears began to appear on the brim of his eyes, a definite sign that he was apprehensive. “I think he’s started smoking again, I know he wants to talk to his father, he’s just being difficult…”

“I’ve already had a talk with my parents not to long ago, I’ll talk to him.” He rested a gentle hand on his friend’s shoulder to comfort him. “Don’t worry Su, he’s going to be okay.” He smiled. “Like you said, he’s just being difficult.” The quipped remark made JunSu chuckle, wiping away the tears that had yet to fall. “I’ll have a talk with him on my break, which is…right now.”

JunSu walked towards YunHo, embracing him. “Thank you Yun.”

“Not a problem, anything to help family.” He uttered back, returning the hug.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You know you didn’t have to bring me lunch…or my favorite dish.” ChangMin winked flirtatiously at KiBum who smiled and his lips in response before looking at JaeJoong who scrunched up his face in discomfort. “I appreciate it though.” He looked down at the doshirak filled with steamed rice, Japchae, spicy tofu, sliced Gyeranmalyee , and Doejibulgogi.

“Yeah, well it was either this or stay at home and die of boredom.” JaeJoong shrugged. “You’re lucky I value my life.” ChangMin pouted while the other two chuckled. Two days had passed since EeTeuk informed him of his two weeks paid vacation and up until today, JaeJoong never realized how boring his life was. There was nothing to do at home especially when JaeYoung was at school and all his friends were at work. “So Min, how’s the song writing business going?”

ChangMin raised his head from his lunch and temporarily focused his attention on JaeJoong. “So far it’s a living hell, the client I’m working with wants one of my most private and much-loved songs.” He rested his head in the center of his palm, sighing heavily. “And she’s refusing to compromise, not taking no for an answer.”

“Maybe you should give it to her…” KiBum placed his hand over ChangMin’s free one. “It’s just a song right?”

ChangMin stared at KiBum, his face solemn and gloomy, it was evident he was hurt by the other’s words. “It’s not just a song…it’s the song I wrote to you the day I wanted you to be mine forever.” ChangMin pulled his hand away from his lover’s. “The song I wrote for no one else, but you.”

“Then how about this, you write the song,” He raised his hand to silence what ChangMin had to say. “But! But alter the words so they’re not actually the song.” He grabbed ChangMin’s hand once again, looking him in the eyes amorously. “I treasure that song just as much as you do, but realize that memory lasts longer than paper…and every word in that song I keep close to my heart alongside you and everything else I love.”

ChangMin smiled. “I love you Bummie…”

“I heart you too Minnie.”

JaeJoong rolled his eyes. “You two are too damn sentimental for me, so I think I’m gonna go and wait for mini Jae to be released from school.” He stood from the table, gathering the extra doshirak he had made because he has no life. “I’ll talk to you later ChangMin.”

KiBum stood from the table as well. “I better go as well, the nurses are probably wondering where I am and the patients…ugh, the patients…” KiBum planted a gentle kiss on his lover’s lips. “See you at home Min.”

“Bye you two, and be careful.” ChangMin waved his best friend and lover off before he himself headed back to work.

“So Jae, you don’t like the public affections ChangMin and I display?” KiBum inquired teasingly once the two were alone in the hallway.

“Of course I do, but there is a limit to how much I can take before everything starts to get awkward.” JaeJoong lightly bumped his shoulder against KiBum’s. “And you two exceed that limit every day, I mean, what was up with the flirty wink and of the lips.” KiBum opened his mouth to respond when JaeJoong interrupted. “Never mind, I don’t want to know.” The two shared a quick laugh before quieting down.

“Quick question.” JaeJoong looked at KiBum signifying he was listening. “You haven’t gone on any raging man hunts, have you?” His tone of voice was that of teasing yet a hint of seriousness was evident as the base.

“Like I have the time…” He thought about his answer for a moment. “Well I do now, but I’m not going to. If it was meant for me to fall in love with someone, then it’ll happen.” Had he known he had jinxed himself, he might not have said it so quickly because not a second after, he shoulder bumped another male coming down the hallway. “Oh, excuse me…” He bowed politely before getting a good look at the male. “YunHo?” Boy, was it a small world or was it fate?

YunHo smiled at JaeJoong, not forgetting to send a small nod in KiBum’s direction. “Like father, like son, huh JaeJoong?” YunHo teased, referring to the first encounter they had when JaeYoung bumped into MinHyun.

JaeJoong chuckled. “I’m sorry, I should’ve been paying attention.”

“It’s alright, it was partly my fault also.” The two stared at one another as silence hovered in the air, connecting with the familiar glint of electricity that surged between them, creating the same sensation they had felt once before. Neither became aware of how KiBum took notice to the electricity running between them and every look the two gave one another. “You work here?”

“No, but um…my friend’s lover works here, we came to have lunch with him.” JaeJoong tilted his head in KiBum’s direction. “Ah, how rude of me…Kim, KiBum this is Jung, YunHo, his son is friends with JaeYoung.” KiBum nodded to YunHo, who nodded back in response.

YunHo looked down at his watch, realizing the time. “, I don’t want to cut this conversation short, but I have to go.”

“It’s alright, I have to go…go do something anyway.” The two shared a flirtatious chuckle, that KiBum yet again took notice of. “I’ll see you around.”

“Yeah, hopefully.” YunHo smiled before turning to continue on his way.

KiBum hit JaeJoong across the forearm before pointing to the doshirak in his hand, then at YunHo. “Give it to him, write your number on it and give it to him.”

“No, what if he’s not--.”

“He is, now go give it to him.”

“No Ki—.”

“YunHo-shii!” KiBum called out causing the said male to halt in mid-step, he pushed JaeJoong forward and smiled.

JaeJoong glared at KiBum for a second before smiling at YunHo. “Um, if you get hungry I made an extra doshirak…it has steamed rice, Japchae, spicy tofu, sliced Gyeranmalyee , and Doejibulgogi.” He was rambling he, KiBum and even YunHo knew he was.

He took the doshirak, purposely sweeping his hands over JaeJoong’s. “Thanks JaeJoong.”He smiled before once again continuing on his way.

“You like him don’t you?” KiBum wrapped an arm around JaeJoong’s shoulder observing as his friend watched the other leave. “Did you give him your number?”

“Written on the lid.” JaeJoong smiled as the two began to continue on their way. He allowed the first question to sink in, he did not know if he liked YunHo; however, he did know he was attracted to YunHo...very attracted.
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________