Taken....

A Father's Love

“Appa…Appa…” MinHyun tenderly shook his father, trying desperately to wake him; however, YunHo merely groaned as he rolled over and nestled deeper underneath the large bulky blue comforter, ignoring the voice calling him. “Appa wake up!” MinHyun shook harder. “Appa!” The young male elongated in exasperation.
Half-drowsy YunHo groaned once again as he sat up, “What is it MinHyun?” he rubbed the sleep from his eyes before opening them, blinking repeatedly to clear his distorted vision. “What is it?” He restrained a yawn.

“Nothing.” MinHyun slid underneath the comforter, cuddling into his father’s warmth. “I just want to sleep with you.”

YunHo smiled softly as he too burrowed underneath the blanket, he wrapped his arms around his son to bring him closer to his chest. “You know, you don’t have to wake me up for that, you’re always welcome in here.”

“But then you wouldn’t hug me.” YunHo chuckled and kissed the crown of his MinHyun’s head. “I love you Appa.”

“I love you too Min, always.” It had been two full weeks since Seul Gi confronted him yet he could not shake the feeling that was not the last time he had heard from her.

Silence hovered in the air as YunHo and MinHyun laid in the king size bed, listening to each other’s steady rhythmic breathing, allowing it to drift them off to sleep. “Appa,” MinHyun replied breaking the silence. “Do you love JaeJoong Omma?”

YunHo looked at his son with a quizzed look. “Why do you ask?”

“Because JaeYoung told me JaeJoong Omma loves you.” MinHyun retorted as he stared at YunHo’s forearm.

“And how does JaeYoung know this?” YunHo lifted his head and rested it in his palm, enjoying the conversation.

MinHyun looked up at his father, his brown eyes bore into his father’s black ones. “Because JaeJoong Omma told him.”

YunHo nodded in interest, he had to admit, in the previous days and weeks; hell, even months he had known JaeJoong, he knew he had fallen in love with the seductive male and his son. He had even thought about the two of them becoming a family once or twice, but the thought of JaeJoong rejecting him prevented him from speaking his mind…until know. “Well Min, I love JaeJoong Omma as well.” He tossed the blanket off himself and gazed at the clock. “It’s ten forty-eight, how about we go make breakfast.”

MinHyun scampered off the bed, giggling. “Omerice and apple pears! Omerice and apple pears!”

“Alright, alright, geez, JaeYoung only stayed a week and he’s already rubbing off on you.” YunHo laughed heartily as he took hold of his son’s hand. “Omerice and apple pears it is.”

“Yay!” MinHyun exclaimed. “Come on TaePung, let’s go eat!” He called to the husky puppy YunHo just realized was in the room. “You too Appa, I’m hungry!” He tugged at his father’s arm while he led the way to the kitchen.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
With a soft smile, YunHo watched MinHyun eat contently, the habitual swinging of the child’s legs gently rocked the table yet YunHo was not complaining. “So kiddo, what do you want to do today?” He questioned already knowing the answer.

“Play with JaeYoung!” He knew it, it was all MinHyun wanted to do; however, he could not blame him, he was an only child. “Oh! Can we go to the park and then go for ice cream?”

YunHo shrugged. “Anything you want to do, I’ll make it happen.”

“Okay!” The two shared concise laughter. “Hurry up and eat Appa so we can go play.”

YunHo threw his hands up in submission. “I’m eating, I’m eating.” Just as he took a bite out of his omerice JaeJoong showed him how to make, there was a knock on the door. YunHo sighed heavily as he stood from the table. “You finish eating, I’ll be back.” He ran his fingertips down MinHyun’s face.

Two more knocks where heard before he opened it. “Yes, can I help you?” He questioned staring perplexed at the beautiful slender, honey brown haired female standing before him.

“Are you Jung, YunHo?” She questioned with a demanding and professional voice.

With uncertainty, YunHo replied, “Yes…”

“I am Im, YooNa, Seul Gi’s attorney.” She held up a stack of papers. “I am here on behalf of the court to tell you they have temporarily terminated your parental rights and are handing Seul Gi back her rights.”

YunHo drew back in shock, this was not happening! “Wait a minute! You can’t do that! I have to be present in court!” He did not know much about the law on parental rights, but he did know they could not just terminate his rights without his knowledge or without him present in court. They just could not!

“We can and they did and any failure to comply with court orders will terminate your rights permanently.” YooNa sighed heavily. “I am truly sorry, I really am…”

“If you are truly sorry…then don’t take my son away from me…please…” YunHo begged. “He’s all I have.”

“It-it is court orders.” The professionalism was draining from her voice, slowly being replaced by sympathy as she handed him the papers. “I have to get him today, is MinHyun here?” YunHo ignored her questioned as he stared blankly at the papers, this was just unreal! All of it was happening too fast. The court was stripping him of his paternal rights and giving Seul Gi back hers!? What the hell did she say to them for them to consent to that!? “YunHo, is MinHyun here?” YooNa inquired breaking YunHo’s thought process.

“Ye—.” He paused before he finished, he could not just give up his son like that…he had to lie…yes lie! Say MinHyun was with his parents for a month in Japan visiting distant relatives for a funeral…it was perfect. “He’s not…”

“Appa, what’s taking so long?” MinHyun questioned coming from the kitchen to investigate his father’s long absence.

YunHo looked down at his son and instantly felt his glottis open, increasing the oxygen flow as tears began to welt in the brim of his eyes, “Min…” He knelt down to equalize his height with MinHyun’s. “Can you do me a favor?”

MinHyun looked from his father to YooNa then back. “Appa, who is she? What is she doing here? Are we going somewhere?”

YunHo in a large sum of air. “No, we’re not going anywhere…” He caressed his son’s cheek, hoping the soft flesh would burn an imprint in his palm. “She’s here to…to take you to your Omma.”

“Are you coming too?” MinHyun asked, not comprehending what YunHo was telling him.

He took MinHyun’s hands into his own. “No kiddo, I’m not going.” The tears where thickening and he knew they would fall soon.

“Then I’m not going! I don’t want Omma! I want Appa!” MinHyun glared at YooNa. “I don’t want to go!”

“Min, look at me.” YunHo turned MinHyun’s face so he was looking at him. “It’s only temporary, we’ll see each other soon…very soon.”

Tears were now running down MinHyun’s cheeks. “No…I want to stay with you…” His voice was faltering, “I want you…”

“I know kiddo, I know, I want you to stay too.” YunHo pulled MinHyun into a tight embrace, squeezing tightly as tears began to stain his own cheeks. He wanted to draw his son into his chest and keep him in his heart forever. “You tell Seul Gi she better take good care of him while she can, because she won’t have him for long.” YunHo muttered glaring callously at YooNa. He was not angry with her, but more so at Seul Gi and the court for taking the only thing he cared for the most away from him.

YooNa nodded without a word, tears too brimmed her eyes. The scene before her was too much for to handle. “Come on MinHyun.” She stepped forward and took the child by the forearm, tugging gently. “Come child.”

“No! I don’t want to go!” MinHyun fought against YooNa, tightening his hold around YunHo.

YunHo reluctantly pulled MinHyun from him and pecked him softly on the lips. “I love you MinHyun.” He brushed his finger tips down MinHyun’s face, just like he did this morning. “Always.”

“I love you too Appa.” MinHyun replied before YooNa tugged his arm again, pulling him towards the black Hyundai Genesis. “Appa! Let me go!” He fought against YooNa, thrashing violently trying to get back to his father. “Appa! I don’t want to go! Appa!” YunHo watched helplessly as YooNa put his crying son into the car before she entered and drove away.

When the car got to the end of the street and disappeared around the corner, YunHo entered the house and slammed the door violently before letting out the very cry he had been restraining. He missed his son…God did he want him back…
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Seul Gi stared out the window as a black Hyundai Genesis pulled up in front of her home. “He’s here! MinHyun’s finally here!” She was truly thrilled that the judge had given back her rights, at least someone was on her side about the fact a homoual man could not raise a child. It could taint the poor child. She hurried to the door and opened it. “You did it YooNa! You got me my son, how much do I owe you?”

YooNa nudged the whimpering child forward. “Forget it Seul Gi! I don’t need your damn money!” YooNa spat bitterly. “I can’t believe you, you don’t deserve this child!”

Seul Gi leered at YooNa. “And that homoual does? MinHyun is my child now!”

“You’re pathetic Seul Gi.” YooNa her heels. “And trust me when I say this; Jung, YunHo will be getting his son back...a lot sooner than you think.” Without saying anything further, she left.

Seul Gi scoffed and looked at the whimpering child. “I missed you so much MinHyun, I love you so much!” She reached out to touch MinHyun, but he pulled back in repulsion.

“I-I want my-my Appa…” He whimpered helplessly.

Seul Gi frowned, she was not going to deal with MinHyun and his constant crying for his Appa. “You will never see your Appa again.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________