Meeting MinHyun/ A male figure for JaeYoung?

A Father's Love

“For the last time ChangMin, you are not coming over for dinner.” JaeJoong exasperated into the phone, he was clearly agitated after a long day at the restaurant and for the fact that he was already ten minutes late picking up his son. “Why can’t you just let KiBum cook for you? He is your lover.” JaeJoong put his car in park and unhook his seatbelt; however, he did not get out the car just yet.

“But KiBum doesn’t want to cook today…please Jae?” ChangMin pleaded into the phone knowing full well that JaeJoong could resist his childish pleads, but he had to try.

JaeJoong exhaled a noisy sigh. “Alright, you two can come over and eat…but this will be the last time you wait until I get off work to tell me.” He opened the car door as he began pulling the phone from his ear. “I have to get JaeYoung, see you soon.” He hung up the phone. “That boy will be the death of me.” He mumbled to himself before exiting the car to pick up his son.

Just as he made his way to the main entrance, he slowed his pace as he watched his son talk and play with another little boy around his age. He smiled, he had never seen his son so energetic with anyone else besides him and his group of friends. “Appa!” His smile grew as his son ran towards him with his arms stretched wide. “How was your day?”

He lifted his son into the air, embracing him in a firm hug. “My day was great, even better now that I’m with you.” He planted a soft kiss on JaeYoung’s forehead. “Cousin Min and Bum are coming for dinner...” He gave a small chuckled when JaeYoung sighed lightly; he was his father’s son. “We’re gonna have to hurry, so say good-bye to your friend.”

“Oh!” He wiggled out of his father’s arms before grabbing his hand and tugging him towards the little boy. “Come on Appa, I want you to meet my friend, Jung, MinHyun.” The said little boy turned when he heard his name. “MinHyun, this is my Appa.” JaeYoung pointed to his father and MinHyun gave a small nod towards him. JaeJoong he could tell by his demeanor and body language that MinHyun was vigilant and timid.

JaeJoong knelt down to equalize his height with the boy. “Hi MinHyun, my name is Kim, JaeJoong, nice to meet you.” He spoke tenderly, a smile spread across him lips to add to the compassionate personality he already possessed.

“Hi.” MinHyun smiled back, the vigilant barrier already abating. “Um…Are you really JaeYoung’s Appa?”

“I am.” JaeJoong replied as he looked at his son before looking back at MinHyun. “But he likes to poke fun and call me Omma.” The remark made the boy laugh, breaking the rest of the caution wall. “Does it really match me more than Appa?” He inclined his head to the right as if he really wanted him to answer, which he did to keep the conversation flowing.

“Yes.” Both young boys replied in unison making JaeJoong pouted. “But…”

“MinHyun?” All three males turned to see an attractive man walking towards them, his hands were buried in his pocket and the atmosphere around him gave off the same vigilant demeanor MinHyun once had. JaeJoong stood and stuck out his hand for JaeYoung to take hold of, there was no need to stick around longer than intended.

“Uncle YooChun!” MinHyun rushed towards the male in excitement.

“Hey Kiddo.” YooChun hoisted MinHyun up onto his hip and gave him a gentle rub on the back, the entire atmosphere soften into that of contentment. “How was your day?”

“Great…where’s Appa?” MinHyun asked, a very slight hint of disappointment could be heard in his voice.

“A client had called him in to talk about one of the songs he had written, so he told me to pick you up, which means...” YooChun ruffled MinHyun’s hair. “You’re stuck with me and Uncle JunSu.” He smiled as the young boy whined about his hair and tried to fix it.

“Bye MinHyun!” JaeYoung waved as he walked hand in hand with his father. YooChun glanced down at the little boy before he locked eyes with JaeJoong, the eye contact may have been for a split second, but the beauty of the male left a lasting impression on YooChun.

“Who is that?” YooChun questioned with curiosity as he watched JaeJoong help JaeYoung into the car before he too entered.

“That’s my friend Kim, JaeYoung and his appa.” MinHyun replied as he rested his head on YooChun’s broad shoulder, a sign that he was getting sleepy.

“Really?” YooChun muttered more so to himself than to anyone else. He was not taking any interest in JaeJoong; it was just the simple fact that his beauty was undeniably outstanding. Other than JunSu, no man had ever given him such a strong reaction.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

It was around ten when YunHo made it to YooChun’s place to pick up his son. He was exhausted; his body ached from dancing and he had a minor migraine from having to explain his song to his client. All he wanted to do right now was take MinHyun home, take a long hot shower and curl up underneath the covers and sleep. “You look exhausted.” YooChun smirked as soon as he opened the door. “You sure you can make it home?”

YunHo let out a small chuckle as he entered YooChun’s residence. “Yeah, I can make it, where’s MinHyun?”

As if on cue, JunSu walked out from the bedroom with MinHyun in his arms, sound asleep. “I knew you would be coming in late, so I had fed him and gave him a bath.” He informed as he tenderly handed the child over to his father. “He tried to wait up for you…but as you can see, he didn’t make it.” He whispered, the child’s cheek as he did so.

YunHo stared affectionately at his sleeping son. “I figured as much, he gets worried if I don’t show up before he goes to sleep.” He suppressed a yawn, but the couple saw it. “Well, I’m gonna head home so I can put him to bed. Thanks you two, for everything.”

“Not a problem, but you need to sleep also so be careful and drive safely.” JunSu advised as he hugged YunHo and planted a gentle kiss on his cheek.

“I will.” YunHo turned to depart; however, JunSu had called his name once again. By JunSu’s fidgeting and YooChun’s heavy sigh, he knew what JunSu was about to tell him was regarding another date in his schedule. It truly made him smile that his friend cared enough about him to help him get in a relationship, but could he not allow him to choose? “Give me the time and place and I’ll get back with you.” JunSu nodded and once again he continued on his way.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JaeJoong and the others had finished dinner, He and KiBum chatted quietly while ChangMin and JaeYoung lied fast asleep in each other’s arms. “He sure loves ChangMin doesn’t he?” KiBum smiled as he watched JaeYoung nestle closer to ChangMin’s chest.

“He loves you too.” JaeJoong assured.

“I know he does, but by the way he takes to ChangMin…” KiBum trailed off, trying to piece his words together so they would make sense. “It’s different from how he takes to me.” He glanced at JaeJoong to see he was confused. “It’s as if ChangMin is the male figure he needs.”

JaeJoong pouted, not liking the way KiBum had worded the sentence. “Are you saying I’m not the male figure in his life?”

“I’m saying that ChangMin’s masculinity and dominance is what JaeYoung is taking to, yes you are his appa, but to him you are more of the feminine, submissive role…which you are.” KiBum nudged JaeJoong’s shoulder. “But we’re in the same circle so you’re not alone.” JaeJoong chuckled at the little joke.

JaeJoong sighed at what KiBum was conveying, he knew he was right, JaeYoung was leaning on ChangMin for his masculinity and dominance…something he could not give him not matter how hard he tried. “So you want me to find someone to fill that male role for Young?”

KiBum rolled his eyes and sighed loudly. “Now you are putting words in my mouth. Listen, I’m proud that it’s ChangMin, I really am…but I don’t want you going on a raging male hunt to fill in that void because as of right now, it is already filled.” KiBum looked over at ChangMin with genuine love before looking down at his watch. “It’s late, we should be leaving.”

“Yeah, and I should put him to bed.” JaeJoong walked over to the other couch where the other two males lied and gently took his son from ChangMin’s arms, careful not to wake him.

KiBum knelt in front of the couch, ChangMin’s hair and placed a light kiss on his lips. “Min…Minnie, we have to go…Min…” KiBum’s voice was so soft and serene, JaeJoong did not know how ChangMin heard him. “Come on, we have to go.” ChangMin stood up and stretched as a yawn escaped his lips.

“You two drive safely.” JaeJoong replied as he saw the lovers out. “Call me as soon as you get home.”

“I will and remember Jae, no raging male hunt.” KiBum quipped before he entered the driver side before ChangMin could even reach it, did he actually think KiBum was going to let him drive in his somnolent state?

When the two drove off, JaeJoong went to place his son in the bed and as he laid his son down, his mind began to wonder about the conversation he had formerly. If JaeYoung adhered to ChangMin as his male figure, was that a sign that he needed to step into the dating world?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________