Fast Progressing Relationship

A Father's Love

“I would like to thank everyone who came out here to celebrate the grand opening of CheonSa Bakery…” EeTeuk paused, refraining from eye rolling as the thought of allowing SungMin to name the bakery became a repentant decision. “I know my staff will do a wonderful job at creating the most delicious desserts you have ever tasted and wanted to buy.” He paused again as the crowd applauded. Once they quieted down, he continued on. “I also know I left the management of the bakery in good hands…my most preeminent chef and best friend, Kim, JaeJoong…” Another round of applauds as he stretched his hand outward in JaeJoong’s direction. “I really don’t have anything further to say except I hope you enjoy the desserts and the rest of your time…Thank you.” He exited from the small platform he was standing on and went to the back where a group of very important looking people and his lover, KangIn were standing.

“Thank God that’s over.” ChangMin grunted as he arose from the chair he sat in, his hand stretched out towards his proclaimed nephew. “Come on Mini Jae, let’s go get some cupcakes.” With excitement, the child leaped out of his father’s lap and followed behind the childish older male.

“You know, if I didn’t know any better, I’d think ChangMin was trying to turn JaeYoung into a miniature him.” JaeJoong thought out loud before turning to face KiBum next to him. “I appreciate the fact you came, I know how busy your schedule is.”

KiBum waved JaeJoong off. “It’s no trouble, my family always comes first.” He stood from his chair, pulling JaeJoong along with him before drawing him into a tight embrace. “Congratulations Jae, you’ve deserved this.”

JaeJoong rolled his eyes, everyone had been telling him congratulations as if he decided to open the bakery. “Thanks.” JaeJoong mumbled anyway, accepting the hug. Silence came between the two; however, it did not abate them from their current pose.

“Um…I hope I’m not interrupting anything…” The two parted, facing the respectful intruder. “JaeYoung told me where to find you.”

“YunHo, I thought you couldn’t make it?” JaeJoong questioned in surprised jovialness, it had been a nearly a week since the two last seen one another; but even so, their absence from each other’s presence never stopped them from conversing on the phone for hours on end. “I’m delighted you could make it.” He was very glad YunHo could make it.

“I am as well, I couldn’t miss an event that is important to someone close to me.” YunHo smiled, revealing a large bouquet of twenty-five beautiful, long stemmed, scarlet red roses. “These are for you.” He handed them over to the now blushing JaeJoong. “Congratulations.”

JaeJoong’s heart tripled and his stomach fluttered as he stared down at the bouquet, he was not expecting flowers or anything for that matter. “They’re beautiful…thank you.” He stepped forward and pulled YunHo into an embrace, inhaling the sweet citrus, sandalwood, and spice blend in his cologne.

“This is my queue to take my leave.” KiBum replied interrupting the moment between the two. “It was nice meeting you again, YunHo.” He bowed quickly before hurrying off to find his lover and nephew.
The two released each other and stood in silence for what seemed like hours until JaeJoong picked the conversation back up. “So…um…how have you been? How’s MinHyun?”

“Better now that I’ve gotten to see you.” YunHo smirked at the sight of the light pink shade that appeared on the other’s cheeks. “And Min’s fine, he’s at his uncles’ right now.” JaeJoong nodded in consideration. “You know, we never went to the theme park we suggested we’d do together…why is that?”

JaeJoong took a step towards YunHo almost as if he was trying to size YunHo up. “ Because someone was busy in the days we’ve planned it.”

“Well…” YunHo too took a step closer, leaving only three inches between them. “I’m not doing anything today, it’ll be another play date for the both of us…and the boys.” YunHo added quickly, nearly forgetting about the children.

JaeJoong nodded again. “So it’s settled, we’ll meet up at the park in an hour.” He rested a hand on YunHo’s shoulder, a teasing smirk tugged at his lip. “Meet you on the Farris wheel?”

“You can meet me on any ride...” YunHo flirted; his melodic husky voice deepened into a sensual husky tone, sending a shrill of pleasure down JaeJoong’s spine. It was clearly evident to the both of them that their relationship was progressing faster than any average official or even an unofficial couple…but they did not mind that, that is what made it fun.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________