Confrontation/ His Equal...

A Father's Love

JaeJoong sat on the frame of the hospital bed tenderly his unconscious son’s brown hair. Even after being in the same spot for two days, it still pained him to see his son in this condition. He wished his JaeYoung would wake up and tell him how the injures did not hurt like he always did, just so JaeJoong would not have to be concerned so much.

After five minutes, he pulled his hand back and let out a heavy sigh, his wondering thoughts about his son were not soothing his pain. Rising from the bed, he walked over to the beige couch where Seul Gi’s information he received from SeungHyun yesterday lied. The information was not really intriguing except for the fact she was married to Jung, JiHoon of J. Tune Entertainment…another man in the music industry. He picked up the papers and tapped his chin as he read over the information.

…Should he visit JiHoon at home?

JaeJoong frowned, would he even be home? He shook his head, he highly doubted that. It was more likely Seul Gi would be at home and JiHoon at work.

…At work?

It sounded more reasonable, but then again JiHoon was probably a busy man…

“JaeJoong?” The said male jump in surprised before turning around to meet KiBum face to face. “What are you still doing there? I thought you went home six hours ago?”

JaeJoong looked over at his son. “I can’t leave him, what if he wakes up? He’ll need me.”

KiBum entered within the room, walking towards JaeYoung’s bed and gently placing his hand on the child’s forehead. “I know he will, but a well rested and healthy father is what he would want to see,” He turned his attention to JaeJoong with a teasing smirk curling up on his lips. “Not a pallid skinned male with noticeable dark circles taking the form of his father.” He then let out a warm chuckle, “Two day of restlessness does not do you justice.”

JaeJoong chuckled in turn. “It’s that noticeable?” KiBum nodded before he took a seat on the couch. “Alright, I’ll go home to get some rest…but I will be back.”

“Yeah, yeah, I’ll be here until you do.” KiBum waved JaeJoong off. “Now go home and get some sleep.” JaeJoong started towards the door, but came to a halt while he turned to face his son. “JaeJoong, he’ll be okay, I’ll call you if he wakes up.” With reluctance, JaeJoong nodded and left the room; however, he was not going home yet, oh no, he still had one more person to visit.

Ten minutes had passed since JaeJoong left, KiBum had now stretched out on the couch as he stared blanking up at the ceiling. His thoughts were only consumed with JaeYoung and the new child in his life MinHyun; he wondered how all of this was going to play out in the end. Would MinHyun be back with YunHo? Will JaeYoung wake up from his coma? It was all too much in just a months time… The sudden knocking on the hospital door shattered his thoughts causing him to sit up to see who the visitor was. “YunHo? What are you doing here?”

“I came to check on JaeYoung.” YunHo entered the room and took a seat next to KiBum, casually placing his hand on the other’s leg. “How is everything? JaeJoong come and visit?”

“Everything is okay for now, and JaeJoong was here ten minutes ago, but I told him to go home and get some rest.” He chuckled while replying, “You did not want to see him the way I saw him, believe me.”

YunHo joined in on the chuckle. “Indeed I wouldn’t as it might destroy my image of him already; however…” YunHo trailed off as he gathered his thoughts so he could explain them to the other. “However, I would love nothing more than to see every side of JaeJoong, including the most terrible and livid.”

KiBum sat up and quirked an eyebrow. “Oh?” YunHo nodded. “And why is that? Are you proposing what I think you are proposing?” Happiness and enthusiasm were sweltering through his veins, he had an idea about what YunHo was suggesting, and all he needed was for it to be confirmed.

“If you are thinking that I want JaeJoong to move in with me, then you are correct.” YunHo smiled, the other thought would have to hold out for a while. “I want JaeJoong and JaeYoung, whenever he gets out of this coma, to move in with MinHyun and I whenever I get him back.”

“Aw! It’s not what I was thinking, but it’s a start.” KiBum laughed warmly as he pulled YunHo into a hug, startling the male. “Talk it over with Jae, I know he’ll say yes…he loves you too much.” He winked at YunHo as he pulled back.

YunHo only smiled it was twice he had been told JaeJoong loved him and twice he had objectified to speak his mind, but not any longer. He was ready to tell JaeJoong about his thought…or maybe thoughts…
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JiHoon was looking over an audition application when his desk phone beeped which was then followed by the voice of his secretary. “Sir, you have a visitor.” He frowned, he was not expecting anyone today. “The gentleman says he has important issue to speak with you…says it involves a Jung, YunHo?”

He perked up at the name, what were the odds of someone coming to speak to him about YunHo? It was an absolute opportunity to give the child back to the male, and he was going to take full advantage. “Send him in.” He replied after pushing the talk button.

A total of fifteen minutes had passed since the brief discussion before a light tapping on the door was heard. “Come in.” JiHoon replied placing the application down so he would have his full attention on the person walking in. The door creaked open and in walked the most stunning male he had ever seen, slender and curvy…thick lips…mystifying black eyes, Seul Gi did not even come close to compare. Now, he never desired the same nor was he ever; however, the male before him would make him reconsider his ual orientation. “You have some matters you wanted to discuss?” JiHoon replied after breaking from his thoughts.

JaeJoong did not bother to sit, he did not come here to make a long speech to convince the male…he came here to implement it. “I want you to give MinHyun back to YunHo.” He narrowed his eyes to enhance his seriousness and aggression.

JiHoon clasped his hands together and leaned forward. “I would if I knew how to contact him.”

JaeJoong’s expression shifted to that of shock. That was not what he was expecting. “Oh.” Was all he could manage at the moment while he recalculated over his entire plan.

“Just like you…” JiHoon paused waiting for JaeJoong to tell him his name.

“JaeJoong, Kim JaeJoong.”

“Just like you Kim JaeJoong, I’ve been trying to reunite the child with his father.” He smiled tenderly at the thought of the MinHyun. “I made a promise to MinHyun that I would help him and I intend to make that happen.”

JaeJoong smiled. “He’s grown on you, hasn’t he?”

“Indeed he has.” JiHoon leaned back in his leather chair. “He does not deserve to be taken away from the one person he holds dear to him and what Seul Gi has done is unforgivable, it’s a selfish atrocious decision that I do not wish to be part of.”

JaeJoong stepped closer and took a seat in front of the male’s desk, since his plan had not gone the way he expected he might as well listen to what JiHoon had to say. “May I ask why she did all of this?”

“She says it was for me, because I wanted a child.” JiHoon shook his head as he replied somberly, “But a child she had with another man is not what I wanted, especially when the child already has a father.”

JaeJoong nodded in comprehension. “You want a child of your own, one of your own genetics.” JiHoon nodded and JaeJoong sighed heavily. “You are a good man, why are you with someone like Seul Gi?”

Without any hesitation JiHoon answered with simplicity, “Because I love her, no matter what she does or thinks…she is the one I devote my life to.”

JaeJoong nodded as he stood from the chair and slid a notepad and pen towards himself before he began scribbling. “Here’s YunHo’s home address, and both places he works.” He pushed the pad to JiHoon. “You probably don’t want his number since you might want to the union to be a surprise.”

JiHoon looked over the information with a large grin. “Thank you, I appreciate this.”

JaeJoong turned towards the door. “It’s the least I could do since your helping MinHyun.” He began heading towards the door, exhaustion was began to wear heavily on his body. “Tell him I said hello.”

“Wait! Before you go, I have a similar question.” JiHoon did not wait for JaeJoong to either turn around or answer before he continued on. “Why are you are doing this? What are YunHo and MinHyun to you? He could not help but ask the question, for someone to go through great lengths for another is not likely; hell, even friends would not go that far.

“I am what Seul Gi is to you, I am YunHo’s partner…” The term partner to him meant spouse, lover, wife, husband, devotee, boyfriend and all other words people use to call one another when they are in a relationship. “…his equal…”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________