Pactum Serva...Keep The Faith....

A Father's Love

JaeJoong sat in the uncomfortable hospital chair with a daze up on his face, he could not wrap his head around the fact his son was hit by a car. The person in the car had falled asleep behind the wheel and veered off the road and on to the sidewalk hitting JaeYoung. JaeJoong frowned and punched the chair next to him startling ChangMin. “What kind of person falls asleep behind the wheel of a damn car!?!” He asked in a rhetorical sense.

Instinctively, ChangMin wrapped his arms around the male’s shoulders and placed a tender hopeful kiss on his temple. “JaeYoung will be alright…he’ll be okay, after all, he takes after you.” He added for further assurance.

“I hope so Min, but this is all too much…first MinHyun is gone then JaeYoung is hit by a car? What else needs to happen before things can start getting better?” JaeJoong pulled away from the other and began to pace in anxiety. “I can’t imagine the damage the car did to his small frame internally…”

“JaeJoong! ChangMin!” Both JaeJoong and ChangMin looked up to see YunHo hurrying towards them with YooChun and JunSu not far behind, the two might not have known JaeJoong and JaeYoung as long, but they knew their support was much needed. “I came as soon as I got ChangMin’s call, what’s going on? Is JaeYoung alright?”

“I don’t know, KiBum hasn’t come out and told us anything yet.” JaeJoong continued to pace again. “I’m really scared.”

YunHo pulled JaeJoong into an embrace and started to caress his back in long soothing . “We all are…but we’re going to get through this together.” JaeJoong placed his head on YunHo’s shoulder and nodded, his emotion began to be calmed by the back rub.

Not a moment later, KiBum exited the hospital room JaeYoung was being kept. Dry tears stained his cheeks and his hair was tousled due to frequently running his hands through it; he was way pass his jurisdiction, he was not supposed to be checking on or even helping any family member or friend as it was considered to be taking it personally…but for JaeYoung, he would break any rule. “JaeJoong,” The said male lifted his head as he held his breath, preparing for what was about to be said. “Due to the driver’s quick swerve trying to avoid him, the impact of the car only fractured one side of JaeYoung’s right arm. The impact to the ground left minor scrapes and bruising to the left side of his face.” KiBum leaned against the wall and folded his arms; trying to keep the professionalism within his voice was hard especially seeing the child he adored so much in his current condition. “It’s all healing rapidly.”

JaeJoong exhaled in relief. “So he’s okay right? He can be discharged?” KiBum looked at JaeJoong briefly before staring at the ground, biting his lip as a way to prevent what he was about to say next. “KiBum, what’s wrong? There’s something else isn’t there?” JaeJoong replied reading the expression on KiBum’s face. “What is it?” KiBum remained silent. “Kim, KiBum, what is it?”

KiBum hated when JaeJoong used his family and given name forcefully, it just made everything harder. “…He has suffered a concussion, causing him to relapse into a temporary coma…we…we don’t know how long he’ll be in it.” KiBum once again looked up at JaeJoong with a sympathetic look. “If it helps, we have taken several brain scans and everything appears to be fine, no brain swelling or hemorrhaging…”

“No, it doesn’t help!” JaeJoong pushed out of YunHo’s hold, his emotions already flaring up. “JaeYoung’s in a coma! Whether it is temporary or permanent, some stupid idiot put my son in a coma! Something he shouldn’t be in in the first place!” He heaved an unsteady sigh, the odor of anesthesia, medication and death swarmed his nose causing the room to slowly spin. “I can’t stay here, I-I have to go.” JaeJoong his heels and began stalking down the hallway.

YunHo caught JaeJoong’s wrist. “Jae…”

“Let go! I’m not staying here!” He yelled jerking his arm away from YunHo, he was not upset with him or the others. He was upset with the driver as wells as himself. “I have to get away…”

“JaeJoong…” YunHo wanted to go after him, to console him like the other had done for him in his time of need. “JaeJoong, wait!”

“Let him go Yun, he needs this time to think.” YooChun advised. YunHo looked back at YooChun then at JaeJoong’s departing back and sighed heavily, YooChun was right, he just hoped the disheartened male would not do anything stupid.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

“So…” JaeJoong stared down at the marble gravestone engraved with BoA’s name, date of birth, date of death as well as an inscription her family had chosen for her. He had been standing there for nearly an hour clutching a purple hyacinth and fifteen red roses which both symbolized the meaning ‘I’m sorry’, it had been two years since he last came here yet he was here now because of the accident. “Is this your way of getting me to come here?” He spat harshly into the wind. “You put my son…” He paused as he thought about his choice of words, frankly, JaeYoung was indeed BoA’s. “…Your son in danger?” Tears brimmed his eyes.

His heart broke thinking about JaeYoung lying in the hospital bed with a broken arm, bruised face and concussion. “This is wrong on so many levels BoA, how could you allow this to happen…”He sighed as tears began to stain his cheeks. “How could I? This was my fault, I could have prevented it had I kept a closer watch on him…I’ve blamed everyone, but myself.” He shook his head and dropped to his knees as the tears came faster. “I’m so sorry BoA…I messed up, I promised to watch and protect him, but I nearly had him killed! If you were here, none of this would have happened!” He wrapped his arms around the marble gravestone and cried harder, letting out all the frustration, fear, pain, and rage he had felt into the wind. “I’m so sorry…”

The breeze suddenly began to pick up speed and helix around JaeJoong, swirling through his hair and around his body as if comforting him. He lifted his head and closed his eyes as he inhaled the sweet fragrance of cherry blossoms that had not yet bloomed. “Are you trying to tell me it isn’t my fault?” He questioned opening his eyes and staring at the clear powder blue sky. “That what has happened was all part of life’s plan?” The wind picked up again as if saying yes. “Well then that’s pretty ty of life.” He chuckled to himself as he sniffed and wiped away the tears. “I really am sorry B…for everything.” He placed the purple hyacinth and fifteen red roses on the grave. “I promise to visit more often when this is all over.” He pressed his hand to his lips then to BoA’s engraved name. “I miss you...”

Abruptly, JaeJoong’s phone began to vibrate in his pocket, startling him. “Yeoboseyo?” He replied after taking the device out of his pocket.

“I have the information you wanted.” SeungHyun answered back. “It’s ready whenever you need it.” He knew about JaeYoung current state as well as JaeJoong’s fragile condition because when it came to the father and son duo, they were like celebrities, any problem in their life immediately spread to family and friends.

JaeJoong smiled. “I’ll come pick it up now.” After saying their good-byes, JaeJoong looked back at BoA’s grave, never once did his smile disperse. “Thank you, love.” He mumbled before standing from the grave site. “Thank you so much…”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________