YooChun's Decision

A Father's Love

“All I’m saying is that I can’t agree to the fact you’re dating YunHo.” Changmin mumbled as he picked somberly at the steamed rice and spicy stir-fried pork. “It’s not right.”

JaeJoong quirked an eyebrow. “How so?” He and YunHo had been dating for three weeks now and for those past three weeks, ChangMin had been making a big issue over it.

ChangMin shrugged and rested his chin in the palm of his hand. “He’s my boss and you’re my best friend.” He looked from the doshirak to JaeJoong. “It’s like me dating someone you didn’t approve off.”

JaeJoong looked at KiBum whom looked at him before their gazes settled back on ChangMin. “Really?” They inquired in accord sarcastically.

ChangMin frowned when his lover and best friend began to snicker. “I’m serious Jae.”

“I am too!” JaeJoong defended. “Listen ChangMin, me dating YunHo isn’t going to mess up the working relationship between you two, maybe it’ll have you guys be close friends, but it won’t change anything.”

“That’s the point! It will change something!” ChangMin emphasized heavily on the words as he threw his hands up in frustration, shocking both his lover and best friend. Never had ChangMin been this so upset, so they knew whatever was bothering him was very important.

“What will change?” JaeJoong asked, his voice was low and concerned. When his friend did not respond, he asked again. “Minnie, what will change?”

ChangMin looked from JaeJoong to KiBum then to the doshirak before looking back at JaeJoong, he sighed heavily and folded his arms, slumping in his chair as he did so. “It’s going to change what we have.” He finally admitted. “It’ll change our close friendship, you’ll no longer have time for me or bring me lunch…and worst of all, JaeYoung will no longer need me for protection or even a figure to idolize.”

As JaeJoong took in what ChangMin had said, he had to keep from letting out even the smallest giggle, he found it charming his best friend was jealous at the fact he thought another could replace him. “Aww Min, that won’t change our friendship.” JaeJoong stood and walked over to ChangMin, bringing him into a comforting embrace. “It’ll still be the same friendship…”

“I wouldn’t say it was a best friend relationship, it’s more so a brotherly relationship.” KiBum commented as he slid ChangMin’s doshirak towards him and began eating. “An annoying brotherly bond, but it’s one.”

JaeJoong glared at KiBum briefly before continuing on with his cordial speech. “You don’t have to worry about the food thing, because I will always bring you lunch.” He pulled away and forced ChangMin to look at him in the eyes. “And more importantly, JaeYoung’s need for you will never change. You will always be his protector and idol no matter what…promise.”

ChangMin smiled. “Thanks Jae.”

JaeJoong smiled back. “Anytime bucket head, now stop acting like a jealous dominate and eat your lunch before KiBum finishes it off.”

KiBum smiled guiltily and pushed the lunch back in front of ChangMin before standing. “Well, I better be heading back to work.”

“Wait, you said you were coming with me to drop YunHo’s lunch off at his Academy.” JaeJoong replied as he stood.

“I know, but…”

“YunHo owns an Academy?” ChangMin inquired, interrupting KiBum before he finished his sentence.

“Yeah, it’s the reason he’s hardly here except for when a client wants to congregate.” JaeJoong elucidated. “Another good reason for you to stop this jealousy.”

“I love it when you’re jealous.” KiBum chuckled as ChangMin pouted. “Love you.” He pecked ChangMin on the lips.

“Love you too.” ChangMin answered before throwing a wave to JaeJoong. “And you too JaeJoong.”

“Yeah, yeah I know.” JaeJoong threw a wave back towards ChangMin as he and KiBum left. “I love you too.”
________________________________
YooChun was leaning back in his chair and staring impassively at the bare sheet of paper in front of him when his cellphone began to ring. He was debating whether to answer it or ignore it; however, the decision decided itself when it rang two more times. He groaned in annoyance before picking up. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Hey Chun, it’s me.” The voice on the other line confirmed.

“YooHwan?” YooChun leaned forward as astonishment overcame him; however, it did not take, but a minute to figure out a possible reason his brother was calling because after all a month had nearly passed. “Appa’s dead, isn’t he?” To him, the words sounded foreign.

“No…not yet at least.” YooHwan assured before sighing a tired, heavy sigh. “Chun, the reason I called is because of Omma…”

“Why? Is she in the hospital as well!?” YooChu panicked. He loved his mother, between his parents, she was the only one that did not care about his uality.

“No, she’s fine mentally and physically…she’s just worried that you won’t visit Appa to say a final goodbye.” YooHwan explained. “It’s the least you can do for her.” He frowned at the sigh he heard YooChun give. “You’re still holding a grudge against him for disowning you? Seriously YooChun that was nine years ago get over it.”

“No, I won’t get over it!” YooChun yelled. “You just can’t get over something like that!” He sighed again to compose himself. “However, for Omma…I’ll visit.” He smiled to himself; his mother was always his weak spot…alongside JunSu and MinHyun. “Hey, it’s about time for my break and I’m meeting JunSu for lunch, I’ll call you later.”

“Alright Chun, but promise me you’ll visit…for Omma’s sake.”

“I promise, and no it’s not a dry promise…it’s an actual promise.” YooChun assured YooHwan, whom knew full well of dry promises.

“Good.” YooHwan replied before the two hung up their lines.

After handing up his line, YooChun rested his elbows on his desk and enclosed his mouth with his hands as he processed his decision to keep his promise and the thought to if he did, when? Because the mere thought of his father’s disownment actually hurt him even though he said it did not. He looked up to his father, respected him and even once wanted to be him…yet he was dismissed for his uality.

“So what’s you are going to do?” He jumped at the raspy, high-pitched voice of his lover, whom was standing in the doorway and now walking over to his desk.

YooChun sighed for the third time today. “Honestly, I don’t know. I want to, but then...” He began to think about what his father could say to him when he visit; from calling him a horrible son to a disgusting homoual…but then again it was his Omma who wanted him to visit, so he had to choose…he had to make the right decision. “Come on Su.” He stood from his chair. “We’re going right now…get this over with.”

JunSu smiled. “Sure…but can we go after we eat? I’m hungry.” JunSu rubbed his stomach and enlarged his brown eyes so it was impossible for YooChun to say no. “Please?”

YooChun rolled his eyes and chuckled as he draped an arm around his lover’s shoulders. “Of course love.”
__________________________________________________________________________________________________________