JaeYoung Awakes

A Father's Love

JaeYoung opened his eyes and stared up at the white ceiling in confusion, the child did not know where he was or how he got there, but at this moment, he wanted his Appa. He had been unconscious for a total of three days, but to him it felt like a day. He tried to sit up only, but the IV’s were preventing him from doing so as was the intense throbbing pain pulsing from his arm to his head and back, tears welt in the brim of his eyes, he truly needed his Appa. At that moment, a brown haired male nurse entered the room. “Don’t move kiddo, the pain will only worsen.” JaeYoung looked at the male in confusion, he opened his mouth to try to speak; however, only a mere whisper came out. “Hold on, your mouth is dry, I’ll go get you some water…and your Appa.” JaeYoung nodded, pleased he would get to see his father. “Hold tight, I’ll be back.” The male exited the room.

Less than five minutes later, the male returned with not only a glass of water, but also with JaeJoong, KiBum, ChangMin, YooChun and JunSu. “JaeYoung!” JaeJoong gasped in sheer bliss as he rushed to his son’s bed side, tears already blurring his vision due to the overwhelming emotions he was feeling. “I was so worried about you…we all were.” He kissed his son’s lips and his bruised cheek. “I’m so glad you’re okay.”

The nurse began his usual examination; checking JaeYoung’s heart rate, the healing process of his arm as well as the left side of his face. “Alright, his arm is healing perfectly and the bruising to the side of his face is fading quickly.” The nurse smiled. “All and all, you are in good health and a very fortunate child.”

“Thanks JunKi, I’ll take it from here.” KiBum replied bowing to the nurse, whom smiled and bowed back. Once the nurse had left, KiBum raised JaeYoung’s bed so his head was elevated to drink the water the nurse handed JaeJoong.

The child drunk the water avariciously, feeling his throat become moist with wetness, he spoke again. “My head hurts…what happened to me Appa?”

JaeJoong chuckled inaudibly as he now caressed his son’s soft brown hair. “It doesn’t matter now, what matters is that you’re okay.” He placed a gentle kissed on his son’s left temple before looking back at others and ushering them forward. “Come on, say hi.” He stood from the bed, allowing everyone to gather around and say hello as well as how much they missed the child.

JaeJoong stood back and made a quick glance towards the door, hoping YunHo would appear at any given time. He was slightly disappointed that YunHo was not here to witness the waking of JaeYoung, but then again, YunHo was busy with two important jobs he could not dare take any more time off from, whereas JaeJoong could take as much time off – if needed – and the bakery would still run efficiently.

“Appa, where’s YunHo appa and MinHyun hyung?” JaeYoung questioned once everyone had left the room.

JaeJoong walked back to his son and took a seat on his bedside. “Well, uh…YunHo appa is at work and MinHyun is…” He trailed off, what did he tell JaeYoung about MinHyun’s whereabouts? “Oh! He’s still gone.” Speaking of MinHyun, had JiHoon already return the child back over to YunHo?

“They will be coming so see me, right?” JaeYoung asked resting his head back onto the bed, his eye getting heavy with lassitude. “I miss MinHyun.”

“Don’t worry kiddo, you’ll see him soon.” He smiled.
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

YunHo relaxed his head back against his chair, his eyes were sore from the exhaustion of pulling an all-nighter and his right hand was numb due to the extensive song writing he had been doing to fulfill the requests of singers wanting the next successful song. He had already written four, he only needed three more to go. He groaned and covered his face with his hands, he was stuck here by himself, YooChun and ChangMin had left to go check up on JaeYoung and who could blame them? The child was now part of the family they had become to be, but he was just upset he was not there with them…more importantly with JaeJoong.

Like all deep thought moments, a light repetitive knocking was heard on YunHo’s door yet unlike the others, he was expecting someone. “Come on in!” He called out, already taking out the completed song his client had him write. When he looked up, he instantly frowned seeing that the person was not his client but rather a tall, well dressed black hair male. His demeanor screamed wealthy. “Can I help you?” YunHo asked vigilantly.

JiHoon stepped into the room, he was very impressed to know YunHo was a songwriter and owned his own dance academy. He too loved to dance, it was part of his life. “I’m Jung JiHoon, Seul Gi’s husband. I came here to—.” JiHoon scarcely had time to finish his sentence before YunHo was jolted upright in anger.

“You’re the man who told Seul Gi to take MinHyun away from me!?!” He questioned callously, his livid tone and demeanor caused JiHoon to step back.

“I did not tell her anything nor did I come here to start a fight…”

“Then why did you come here?” YunHo cut JiHoon off once again, his anger was getting the better of him. “To rub the fact you have my son in my face? To tell me how you are a much suited father for him than I am?”

“No.” JiHoon replied simply as he turned around towards the door and opened it, side stepping and making an ushered gesture with his hand. “I came to give him back.”

“Appa!” MinHyun rushed into the office with his arms stretched wide waiting for his father to pick him. “Appa! I missed you!”

YunHo was stood stunned for a second, was this really happening? It had to be. “MinHyun…” He lifted his son into his arms and clutched him tightly, inhaling his familiar scent he had missed so much as well as the child himself. “I missed you too, Min.” The anger had subsided as happiness, enthusiasm, excitement and other overwhelming emotions of joy began to wash over him, showering him with all the happiness one could handle. He was no longer upset with JiHoon, all he cared about was that his son was back in his arms.

JiHoon smiled at the small reunion before him, he felt great that he had done the right thing. “I am sorry all this happened YunHo, I never intended this nor did I ever want this to happen. I’m sorry for what Seul Gi has done, so I’m going to make this right by.” He took out what looked like a stack of papers and ripped them. “Seul Gi no longer holds her maternal rights…MinHyun is all yours once again.”

YunHo looked up at JiHoon never once releasing MinHyun from his embrace. “Thank you…but I have to know why you did this.”

JiHoon shrugged and placed his hands in his pocket. “I promised MinHyun I would return him to you despite Seul Gi’s opposition.” JiHoon explained. “And because I cannot raise another man’s child especially when he already calls that man Appa.” JiHoon smiled much to which YunHo returned. “I shouldn’t take all the credit though, your partner JaeJoong came by my office and wrote down where I could locate you.”

Partner? JaeJoong? JaeJoong had helped him…to get MinHyun back? “I’ll be sure to thank him.” He would indeed.

“You should, he seems to care for you a lot.” JiHoon his heels and headed towards the door. “I’ll be taking leave, I’m sure you would want to make up lost time with MinHyun.”

“Wait Cousin JiHoon!” MinHyun slid out of YunHo’s hold and ran up to the other. “Here, you can have Pada back now.” He outstretched the stuffed Panda towards JiHoon. “I have my Appa.”

JiHoon shook his head and knelt before the child, patting his head as he did so. “He’s yours remember? I gave him to you.”

MinHyun incline his head to the right in confusion. “But if I have him, what will you give your son when he’s lonely?” The questioned stunned JiHoon, was there a deeper meaning behind the child’s question? Did he know something JiHoon did not? “Give him to your son.”

At the child’s request; though with reluctance, the male took back the stuffed panda. “Thank you.” He smiled and pinched the child’s nose. YunHo smiled warmly as he watched JiHoon bring MinHyun into a gentle embrace. For MinHyun to be so comfortable with the older male, the two must’ve gotten close while he was staying with him. “Alright MinHyun, go back to your Appa, he’s missed you terribly.” The child nodded and went back to his father.

“Thanks again JiHoon.”

“Anytime.” JiHoon answered back heading out the door, leaving the father-son duo to wallow in happiness.

“Appa, can I go see Uncle Chun and Uncle Su?” The child began questioning, he was over elated with happiness and could not wait to see his Uncles whom he missed dearly.

“Yes we can, they’ll be happy to see you.” YunHo tousled MinHyun’s hair, still not believing it was true.

“JaeJoong Omma and JaeYoung too?” YunHo nodded. “Can we go now?”

YunHo chuckled zealously and hoisted his son up in his hip. “Of course kiddo, of course.” Yes, he too wanted to leave now as he still had to say thank JaeJoong for all his help.

“Appa, I missed you.” MinHyun hugged his father’s legs as he stared up at him.

“I missed you too Min.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________