Reconcile

A Father's Love

“I-I need to be heading back to work.” JaeJoong moaned trying desperately to ignore the pleasurable sensation of YunHo and nibbling on his neck. “And this…” He moaned again. “Isn’t helping.” It was clear in the three weeks of dating, the two were now getting intimate.

“It’s not supposed to.” YunHo mumbled against the hot flesh before pressing his body closer to JaeJoong’s. Even though JaeJoong was stressing about the need to go back to work, his mind, body and actions were stressing the need for YunHo to continue the pleasurable acts. He closed his eyes as he exposed more of his neck, succumbing to the pleasure. Yunho smirked at how quickly JaeJoong gave into him. “Didn’t figure for you to give in so easily.” His smirk extended as a blush spread across JaeJoong’s face.

“JaeJoong pushed out of YunHo’s grasp. “I didn’t give in, I just gave up.” He defended, trying desperately to rid the blush from his face. “Anyway, I’m going back to work, enjoy your lunch.”

“I already did, now I’m waiting for dessert.” YunHo taunted with a seductive wink.

Jaejoong leaned into YunHo, his lips just mere centimeters from the other’s. “Well…” He whispered before slowly and seductively flicking his tongue against YunHo’s bottom lip and giving it a teasing nip. “You’ll have to wait.”

“I…” YunHo’s cellphone vibrated against his desk, interrupting his sentence.

“You answer that, I’ll talk to you later.” JaeJoong pecked YunHo on the lips before leaving the office.

YunHo groaned at the fact his fun was interrupted yet he answered his phone anyway. “Yeoboseyo?”

“Meet JunSu and I at the hospital.” YooChun instructed without further explination.

“What’s going on?” YunHo questioned in concern, his mind racing over the many reasons he would have to go to the hospital.

“Just do it.” YooChun replied before hanging up his end of the line. YunHo gave his phone a questionable look before he closed his phone, grabbed his jacket and headed out of his office to do as his friend instructed.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
YooChun stood hesitantly outside his father’s hospital room, his body paralyzed with apprehension as the words ‘go back’ ricochets through his mind. He wanted to turn back, unsure that this was the right decision. “You know you don’t have to do this if you’re not ready.” JunSu replied, concern clearly visible in his eyes.

“I’ll be fine, wait out here.” YooChun gave JunSu an assuring smile before walking closer to the door, the apprehension was getting stronger with every step yet he continued on. He knocked twice before slowly walking in and cautiously peering around.

“YooHwan?” Called out a very hoarse, masculine voice causing YooChun to halt where he stood. “YooHwan, is that you?”

“Wrong son…Mr.Park, YooJin.” YooChun stepped closer to the hospital bed so his father could get a better look at him.

“YooChun…” YooJin sat up as astonishment, exhilaration, sorrow and regret overcame him all at once. “You actually came to see me…”

YooChun placed his hands in his pockets and shrugged. “Had no other choice, everyone kept using the guilt card. “ He chuckled to himself before looking at his father, he noticed his father was no longer the strong, masculine male he once was, he was now small and fragile with many gray hairs and wrinkles due to his deteriorating health. “How you holding up?”

“I’ve seen better days.” YooJin too chuckled to himself, it was clear to him his father was no longer the same person he was nine years ago; he was now calm and content…maybe being near death changes a person. “You know, seeing you before me standing as the strong man I always wanted you to become makes me regret that I disowned you.” YooJin said in a flat and somber tone as he stared at YooChun, his expression fully remorseful. YooChun said nothing as his father continued, “You’ve become a young and handsome successful man and from what yout mother has informed me, you own your own music publishing company and married the one you truly care about...”

“Love.” YooChun corrected. “The one I love.”

YooJin smiled at his son, something YooChun had not seen since he was ten. “Yes, love...my mistake.” He outstretched his hand towards YooChun. “I know the words I'm sorry won't take away the pain or hurt you have felt all these years, but I am truly sorry for hurting you YooChun...can you forgive me?”

YooChun looked from his father to his outstretched hand, his mind going over the harsh words his father had spoken to him that day while his heart reenacted the painful emotions he felt all the years after. “It’s too late to apologize…” He lifted his gaze back up to meet his father’s sadden one. “…But it’s never too late to forgive.” He walked over and gently embraced his father, shocking the Elder. “I forgive you…Appa.” He tightened his embrace as tears threaten to fall from both of their eyes.

The two stayed like that for a moment before YooJin pulled away. “Alright, alright we must straighten up.” He cleared his throat before smiling. “No tears should fall, we are men after all.” The two shared a brief chuckle before YooJin continued on. “Alright, let me speak to my son-in-law, I think it’s time I met him and apologize to him.”

YooChun nodded and left only to come back minutes later with JunSu. “My, he’s stunning, what is your name?”

“Kim, JunSu.” JunSu replied with a polite bow and courteous smile. “Nice to finally meet you.”

“Likewise.” YooJin smiled, “YooChun, may I have a moment with JunSu please?”

YooChun pressed his lips together and looked from JunSu to his father then back. “It’ll be fine, go.” JunSu patted YooChun’s shoulder and pecked his lips. “Go, YunHo’s waiting outside wanting to talk to you.” YooChun reluctantly left the room, leaving his father and lover to converse about anything.

“He’s protective.” YooJin replied once YooChun left. “That shows how much he cares for you.”

“Loves me...shows how much he loves me.” JunSu corrected.

YooJin chuckled at how similar the two sounded about their relationship, so confident and certain. “I’m sorry, my mistake.” His expression shifted to seriousness with an insinuation of remorse. “I truly am sorry, I know I have not been much of a father or father-in-law…but it was only because I could not accept my son for being…” He paused as he struggled to bring forth the word, “For being…”

“Homoual.” JunSu finished for him.

“Yes that, but now I can clearly see the happiness and love you have brought to each other.”

JunSu walked closer to the hospital bed and took a seat. “It has taken you until the end of life to realize this…after years of hurting him?” JunSu inquired.

YooJin sighed. “Yes and again I say I am sorry, but I rather see it now than after I’m gone.” He outsretched his arms, ushering JunSu in for a hug. “Like I have said to YooChun,I know I’m sorry won’t take away the pain, but it is a start…so…will you forgive me?”

JunSu smiled largely, it surprised YooJin how innocent and young JunSu looked with such a smile, it was no wonder his son had fallen for this young man. “Yes, yes I can.”

“Take care of my son.” YooJin whispered, his voice cracking due to the threatening of tears wanting to come.

“Always have…Always will…” JunSu replied, the smile never fading from his lips.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________