Keeps Getting Worse

A Father's Love

“You are not taking him back to YunHo! He is my responsibility now!” Seul Gi yelled standing up from the breakfast table. “How dare you suggest something like that!”

“He’s not comfortable here Seul Gi! Hell! Every night he cries for his Appa, I know you here it!” JiHoon argued back. The conversation started this morning with JiHoon simply telling Seul Gi he was taking MinHyun back to YunHo, but it only created a hostile response from the female.

“I don’t care! I’m his Omma, the court gave me my rights back…”

JiHoon growled in irritation. “Damn it woman! Just because the court gave you back your rights doesn’t make you his parent! He has a parent already and you are not that person!”

Seul Gi folded her arms, she refused to believe what he had said because after all, she was doing this for him. “How so?”

“For one, the child is terrified of you! Since he’s been here, not once has he come to you or even talk to you.”

“He’s only been here for three weeks, he’ll warm up to me.” Seul Gi shrugged nonchalantly

JiHoon rolled his eyes and threw up his hands in submission. “You know what fine! I’m tired of trying to talk sense into you and tell you what your doing is wrong!” He stood from the table. “Tonight, I’ll be sleeping in the guest room. I can’t stand to look at you.”

Seul Gi picked up her coffee cup and threw it against the wall, shattering it into pieces. “I am sick and tired of you and everyone else taking YunHo’s side! I was not ready for a child back then and now, MinHyun is the only one I have in life.” She walked closer to JiHoon and placed a hand on his shoulder. “I am doing this for you, you always wanted a child…”

“Not one you had with another man.” JiHoon sighed and pushed Seul Gi’s hand off his shoulder. “And now I’m starting to regret my decision about having a child with you.”

The words hit Seul Gi in the heart and stung like a scorpion’s poisonous sting. “Wha-why?”

“…Because now I see how intransigent and vile you are.” JiHoon shook his head as he his heels and headed upstairs to finish getting ready for work. As he made his way up, he noticed MinHyun standing at the top clutching tightly to the panda. “Good morning MinHyun.” He forced a smile, hoping the child had not heard the argument downstairs.”Are you hungry?”

“I’m not going to my Appa…am I?” MinHyun whispered with a faltering voice.

JiHoon hoisted the child up on his hip once he climbed the stairs. “I promised I’d get you to your Appa and I’m going to make that happen,” He gently rested his forehead against the child’s temple, “No matter what she says.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
 

“I told you to just let me handle that evil ; I would have seriously done some damage.” EunHyuk growled maliciously after YunHo had told him about what had ensued in the past weeks. The two sat on the hardwood floor watching their dancers combine their two choreographed movements into one. “I can’t believe the court gave her back her rights! The legal system is unfair!”

YunHo snorted. “Tell me about it, I’ve read the documents Seul Gi’s lawyer gave me practically fifteen times in the weeks and I still can’t find a loophole in it.” He ran his hands through his hair in frustration. “And realizing the fact that I don’t know what to do really pisses me the off!”

EunHyuk sighed as he brought his knees to his chest and relaxed his arms on them; all he could do was remain silent since there really was not much he could say to encourage the disheartened male next to him. “So how are your Omma and Appa handling the news?”

“They don’t know about it, I refuse to have them carry the stress on their shoulders. Especially Appa, you know he hyper stresses.”

“YooChun and JunSu?”

“They’ve been helping, but they’re in the same predicament I’m in.” YunHo rested his head against the mirrored wall and stared up at the ceiling. “And to add to the misery, YooChun’s father passed away last night.” He let out a sardonic chuckle. “Life is just ing great isn’t it?”

“Oh come on, life will always be complicated, but it will always have a way to bring happiness.” EunHyuk counseled as reassurance. “Everything will work out.”

YunHo fixated his gaze from the ceiling to EunHyuk, his words of assertion sounded familiar. “You sound very much like JaeJoong.”

EunHyuk inclined his head at YunHo’s simile; he had forgotten YunHo was in a relationship with JaeJoong. “How is he handling all of this? Is he helping or did he break it off because he could not handle the pressure?” He was kind of hoping the other would say yes just so he’d have a reason to fight so he could calm his raging fury.

“He’s helped me out a lot as well, he’s the reason I’m here and not at home in a deep depression.” YunHo smiled as he thought about JaeJoong’s many considerate aids. “Even his son is helping me; despite his presence makes me miss MinHyun so much, he’s constantly giving me hope Min will come back.”

EunHyuk listened intently, taking note on how sanguine and serene YunHo’s voice had gotten as he spoke about the two new people in his life. To him, it was very clear that YunHo was in love. “See, everything is getting better and pretty soon MinHyun will be back to where he be…” Before he could finish his sentence, YunHo’s phone began ringing.

“Yeoboseyo?” YunHo answered. “What a minute ChangMin, slow down and tell me what happened?” Even through the phone, EunHyuk could make out a fraction of the conversation, but YunHo’s jovial expression going from jovial to shock then anger told him the news was horrific. “I’ll be there soon, where’s JaeJoong?” YunHo replied standing from the floor, his chest rose and fell heavily.

“What’s going on?” EunHyuk inquired staring at YunHo with apprehension. “YunHo?”

“Just hang on, I’ll be there soon!” YunHo hung up the phone before shaking his head in vexation. “Damn it! Why does life have to with me?” He turned his attention to EunHyuk, “I’m so sorry for this, but can you watch my class again for a while?”

“Of course I will, but just tell me what’s going on? What’s happening?”

“…JaeYoung’s been hit by a car.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________