Play Date at Everland Resort

A Father's Love

“Was it absolutely necessary for you two to come with us?” JaeJoong inquired while he glared dourly at ChangMin and KiBum, but mainly at ChangMin. The three males and child stood inside the main gate of Everland Resort waiting for the rest of the group to arrive. He and YunHo had decided this theme park was the best choice for their family expedition because of its enthusiasm, pleasant environment and family orientation; however, for them additional family was not included. “This was supposed to be a play date for JaeYoung.” He refused to add him and YunHo into the sentence.

“As you have told me for the fourth time today.” ChangMin retorted as he hoisted JaeYoung onto his shoulders, chuckling at the gasp and giggles the child made. “I’m sure your date won’t mind if we tagged along…it is your day.” ChangMin smiled as innocently as he possibly could, hoping JaeJoong would falter at his childishness.

“But this was supposed to be MinJae’s play date.” JaeJoong mumbled as he inflated his cheeks and folded his arms, pouting.

“Is this JaeYoung’s play date…or is it yours and YunHo’s?” KiBum whispered teasingly as he circled around the pouting male, a devious smirk slithered across his dark pink lips when he saw JaeJoong’s face shift from a pout and into a pale hue of pink. He knew about the instant mutual attraction between JaeJoong and YunHo as well as the constant flirting they did back at the grand opening, he just hoped his teasing would help the two get together soon.

Avoiding KiBum’s inveigling question, JaeJoong opened up the Everland Resort guide in his hands and lifted it so his son could see it. “So what ride do you want to go on first, Jae?”

“That one!” JaeYoung pointed to the largest roller coaster in the center of the upper page. “I want to ride that one!”

JaeJoong looked at the map to analysis the ride his son was talking about. “T-express? But you’re too little for…”

“YunHo appa! Min Min!” JaeYoung exclaimed, waving to the four males walking towards them. “Cousin Minnie let me down, I want to get down.” The child began to squirm on ChangMin’s shoulders, trying his best to figure out a way to get down without falling.

“Alright, alright, hold on a minute.” ChangMin hoisted JaeYoung off his shoulders and placed him on the ground, smiling as he ran towards the other child. He furled his eyebrows when he took notice of the other child’s father and the other standing next to him, instantly recognizing the figures as his superiors…Jung, YunHo and Park, YooChun. “JaeJoong knows my boss? When was he going to tell me this!?”

“I don’t think he was, but it’s okay, they’re just friends.” KiBum explained in his nonchalant tone.

“I see I’m not the only one who had ‘extra family’ impose on this play date.” YunHo quipped as he looked passed JaeJoong to KiBum and ChangMin standing behind him. “Let me guess, they really wanted to come to Everland Resort?”

JaeJoong sneered and rolled his eyes. “I wish, but no, their reason is that you wouldn’t mind.” YunHo chuckled as JaeJoong began to pout, he thought the childishness JaeJoong was displaying really suited him. “You’re not mad they came, are you?”

YunHo shook his head. “Don’t mind at all, maybe they could keep my two preoccupied.” He ushered to the two males watching the children. “JaeJoong, I’d like for you to meet my best friend Park, YooChun and his lover Kim, JunSu.” The two introduced males walked forward and bowed to JaeJoong, who followed in accord.

“Since you’re introducing, it’s only fair.” JaeJoong ushered for his two friends to come forward. “You already know Kim, KiBum, but this tall one here is his lover Shim, ChangMin.”

“Shim, ChangMin?” YunHo questioned in awe. “So it is you who works at Y&Y Music Industry.” ChangMin nodded, still not settling with the fact his best friend and boss are on a play date together. “You’re an extraordinary song writer, a lot of my clientele’s have complemented your work.”

ChangMin grinned broadly, the compliment enhanced his ego and caused his uneasiness to falter. “Thank you! Thank you very much!”

“Appa, can we go in now?” MinHyun questioned as he tugged on the hem of his father’s shirt.

“Sure kiddo, let’s go.” He outstretched his hand for his son to take before looking at JaeJoong. “You ready to go?” The rest of the group nodded and followed behind the two fathers and their children, all talking about which ride they wanted to ride first. “So what do you want to ride, Min? Racing Coaster? Bumper Car? Or Flash Pang Pang?”

“Racing Coaster!” MinHyun exclaimed bouncing up and down.

“Me too! Me too!” JaeYoung chimed in.

“Alright, calm down.” YunHo faced JaeJoong. “Is that alright with you?”

JaeJoong shrug his approval. “It’s the kids’ day, so let them go for it.”

YunHo nodded and then turned his gaze to the four males walking behind them. “We’re going to Aesop’s Village, where you guys headed?”

KiBum briefly looked down at his very own map, then at the males next to him before finally resting his gaze back on YunHo. “American Adventure, we’re all getting on Rolling X-Train.” JaeJoong and YunHo nodded before heading in the direction of Aesop’s Village. “Have fun!” He yelled after them.

“We will! Bye Bye!” JaeYoung yelled back as he repetitively opened and closed his tiny hand.

“He’s an adorable child, I see why MinHyun constantly talks about him.” JunSu complimented as he watched the father and son couple head of to Aesop’s Village.

“As is MinHyun, but it’s rather expected when your father is incredibly handsome.” KiBum chuckled at the small grunt ChangMin expressed.

YooChun cleared his throat and firmly grasped JunSu’s hand with his own. “I think we should head to the roller coaster, I pretty sure none of us wants to wait in line. No one has a problem with being in the front, do they?”

“No problem at all.” ChangMin grasped KiBum’s hand tenderly yet tugged it eagerly towards the direction of the coaster. “Let’s go!”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

“You want us to ride with you?” YunHo asked MinHyun as they got closer to the coaster, the child shook his head and outstretched his hand for JaeYoung to take. “Well then, be careful and watch him.”

“Stay close to MinHyun, okay Jae?” JaeJoong squeezed JaeYoung’s cheeks between his palms and pecked his lips. “Have fun, we’ll be right here when you’re done.” The moment he released JaeYoung from his grasp, the two children ran to go get on the ride. He gave a light chuckle as he stood next to YunHo. “They are truly close, it amazes me how kids get along faster than adults.”

YunHo chuckled. “I don’t think that’s necessarily true.” He waved at the children as the roller coaster began to slowly pull off before turning his attention to JaeJoong. “Just look at us, it has only been nearly two weeks and you’re already head over heels for me.” YunHo joked teasingly.

JaeJoong nudged his shoulder against YunHo’s. “As I recall, it was you who seemed to be head over heels for me….” He allowed his vocals to drop an octave, increasing the flirtatious tone he was using. “Although what you’re implying isn’t far from the truth.”

“And I could tell you the same.” YunHo leaned against the railing so he could fully face JaeJoong. “You know, I never expected you for the flirting type.” He chuckled at JaeJoong’s perplexed look. “I assumed that when I flirted with you, you’d blush and giggle like a girl…not flirt back and keep me on my toes.”

“Well you know what they say, when you assume…you make an out of you and me.” JaeJoong leaned into YunHo, whispering into his ear. “But you’re a fine , so it’s okay.”

YunHo laughed sincerely. “Now you’re mocking me.” JaeJoong shrugged and smiled innocently as if he had no idea what YunHo was talking about. “I…”

“Appa! JaeJoong Omma!” The two swiveled around to see their bundle of joys running towards them.

“Hey kiddo, you have fun?” YunHo questioned, tousling his son’s hair.

JaeJoong knelt down to equalize himself with his son’s height, planting yet another kiss on his lips. “How about you Jae? Did you like that?” JaeYoung nodded as he rocked from side to side.

YunHo looked from MinHyun to JaeYoung. “Okay, JaeYoung, since Min picked the first ride you can pick the next one.”

JaeYoung lifted his head up, his eyes glistened with exhilaration. “Can we go ride that one!?” He pointed passed the racing coaster and to a ride where different colored flowers spun in a circle. “I want to ride that one.”

“Alright, Lily Dance it is.” YunHo chuckled, hoisting both children up on each of his hips.

JaeJoong smiled sincerely at the fact YunHo gave his son a choice to choose a ride. “Well that was sweet of you.”

“Hey, it’s his play date too…and besides…”He looked down at JaeYoung who had now rested his head on YunHo’s shoulder and jokingly replied, “He’ll help me score extra dates with his father.” YunHo winked at JaeJoong. “You ready to go?”

JaeJoong nodded as he stepped forward and gently took MinHyun from YunHo, placing the child on his own hip. “P.S. I don’t think you need him to score extra dates…” He leaned closer to YunHo and whispered in his ear. “You keep saying flirting comments like that… and you can get a lot more than just a date.” It was his turn to wink this time as he pulled back to see a satisfied smirk on YunHo’s face. The two were really enjoying these furtive comments and eye contacts they were passing back and forth

“…The same goes for you Mr. Kim JaeJoong.”
______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________