You and I Together Forever as One

A Father's Love

After all the preparations had been completed, the months went by rather quickly and soon the day everyone had been waiting for was finally here. The nuptial ceremony of YunHo and JaeJoong…

“God I’m so nervous, what if something goes wrong?” YunHo muttered as he fumbled anxiously with his crème colored tie. He was dressed in a light blue button up shirt and a crème colored tailor suit with matching shoes, his brown hair was slicked back and touching the base of his neck. He was truly attractive. “What if I forget my vows? Get sick? Or worse, what if JaeJoong decides he doesn’t want to go through with this?”

“Stop worrying YunHo, none of the sort will happen.” Halmeoni nudged aside YunHo’s hands and began fixing the tie for her neurotic son. “And you and I both know JaeJoong is not the type to do such a thing, he wants this just as much as you.”

YunHo smiled. “You’re right Omma, you’re right.”

“I’m always right.” Halmeoni chuckled as she cupped her son’s face in her hands, a smile lined her lips whilst she stared into his mystifying black eyes he inherited from his father. “You know, since the day you were born, I have waited for this day…although my vision had been slightly different than it is now.” She chuckled again as tears began to outline in the brim her eyes, “But you’re happy and that’s all that matters. I’m so proud of you.”

YunHo drew his mother into a tight embrace and buried his face in between her neck and shoulder, inhaling her familiar scent of jasmine and vanilla. “Thanks Omma…for everything.”

“Always for you my son.”

The tender moment for mother and son did not last long seeing that Harabeoji entered the room with overzealous joy. “Alright! Where’s the groom?!” YunHo and Halmeoni pulled away from one another, wiping away tears they had not known had fallen. Harabeoji clasped his hand on YunHo’s shoulder, giving it a firm shake. “Are you ready? You have a long road ahead of you.”

YunHo exhaled breath of apprehension and laughed, “Ready as I’ll ever be.”

“That’s my boy.” Harabeoji chuckled as he playfully nudged YunHo’s cheek.

There was a sharp knock on the door before YooChun entered the room. “Wow, you’re looking good Yun.” He complimented.

“You’re not bad yourself.” YunHo praised in return, and it was the truth. Due to the fact he was YunHo’s best man, his attire was that of a black tailor suit with a dark blue button up completed with a matching black hat angled to the left, his light brown shoulder length hair tied in a low ponytail. “You better not be trying to steal my spotlight.”

“Maybe tomorrow, but not today.” YooChun smirked before draping an arm around his best friend’s shoulders. “Actually, I came in here to tell you the ceremony is about to start. Are you ready?”

YunHo nodded and looked back at his parents, loosening his tie, he smiled. “Wish me luck.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

JaeJoong stared at his reflection in the mirror, his attire was similar to YunHo’s in color; however, his tailored suit was adorned with light blue pinstripes stitched into it. He knew he looked dashing. “Well, this is it Jae…are you ready?” He whispered to himself as he buried his hands in his pockets, the feeling of anxiety and exhilaration churned within his stomach creating a whole new emotion he couldn’t clarify. “Damn this day came by fast.”

“That better not be your way of saying you’re thinking about running out.” JaeJoong jumped in surprise before turning around to see ChangMin striding elegantly into the room. It was apparent that he was JaeJoong’s best man and in being so, he was dressed in the same apparel as YooChun’s; however, he did not sport a hat and instead of light blue, his button up white. “Because if it is, do note that I’ll be more than happy to drag your down that aisle myself.”

“I know you are,” JaeJoong snickered at the thought of ChangMin dragging him down the aisle while he kicked and screamed. “But thankfully you won’t have to worry about that.” He turned back to his reflection, “I am nervous though.”

“As you should be.” He stood alongside JaeJoong and began admiring himself in the mirror, making sure to add a couple of winks and smiles. “This is the most important day of your life, the day your undying happiness begins with the one you love.”

“What if I forget my vows?” JaeJoong muttered, completely ignoring his friend as fear began to take over. “What if I fall walking down to the alter?”

ChangMin rolled his eyes. “You’re not going to fall or forget your…”

“What if I get sick and throw up on YunHo? Or worse SeokCheon?”

“Seriously? Who thinks of stuff like that? Jae no…”

“What if I do actual run out?” JaeJoong’s eyes widen at the thought, “Do I regret saying yes?”

“JaeJoong…”

“Does YunHo regret saying yes? What if he runs out? What if…”

“JaeJoong! Listen to me!” ChangMin shouted silencing the fretful male, “Aside from the fact you and YunHo marry, nothing is going to happen.” He took his friends quivering hands into his own, “YunHo will not and I repeat, will not run out on you. He wants this just as much as you, if not more.” Suddenly a smile formed across ChangMin lips. “And if he doesn’t…then I’ll drag his down that aisle as well.” That made JaeJoong chuckle as he knew it would. “Now, stop worrying and think about the positive things that’ll happen after all this is over. Such as you gaining a lifetime partner and another child that completely adores the hell out of you.”

As ChangMin gave his inspiration speech, JaeJoong stared into his chocolate brown eyes before moving to examine the outlines of ChangMin’s facial structure. Until now, he had never noticed how masculine and handsome ChangMin truly was. He had always seen him as a child he constantly had to nurture. “ChangMin…” He finally replied after the speech was over.

“What?”

“When did you grow up?”

ChangMin creased his eyebrows at the question before realigning them, he had not really expected such a question yet he for an odd reason, he already had the answer. “…I grew up the day two people I value most were taken away from me.”

JaeJoong smiled as such an honorable answer. “ChangMin.”

“Hm?”

“Thank you.” JaeJoong whispered as he brought his best friend into a hug. “For the inspiration…and just for being there.”

“Psh...Anytime…”

“I hate to break such a moment, but the ceremony is about to start and we need you two.” KiBum announced behind the closed door, indicating he had been listening for quite some time. “Come on, let’s keep it moving!” JaeJoong chuckled if not ChangMin to drag him down the aisle, KiBum sure would.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Like the colors of blue, white and black the venue was light and airy, giving a sense of healing, tranquility and elegance. Once everyone was present, the ceremony had begun. “It gives me great honor to wed two handsome men such as these on this glorious day,” SeokCheon outstretched his hands towards both YunHo and JaeJoong, “The love that radiates from them is strong and will indeed last lifetime upon lifetime.” He smiled as he looked from YunHo to JaeJoong. “You two are truly made for one another. Now, before I start the binding part of the ceremony, I do believe that the two of you have some words you’d like to say to one another. YunHo, you may begin.”

“Alright…Uh…well.” YunHo cleared his throat as he tried to memorize his vows all the while trying to ignore the worry seething within him. “JaeJoong…” He began only to realize, he did not remember what he had originally wanted to recite; though instead, different words began to spew from his mouth. Words that gave him a much greater sense of emotion than the former. “From the first day we met, there was a connection between us…a spark of electricity that ignited a flame that was destined to burn…and yes, I’ll admit that at first I thought it was just a ual attraction…seeing as you are a body made of sin.” He winked deviously at the now blushing male. “However, after spending time with you and talking on the phone for hours, I’ve come to realize that it was not.”

YunHo felt a change as he continued, he no longer felt nervous or scared; instead, he felt admiration and passion. “I’ve come to appreciate that you are my equivalent, the one fate had created just for me. You harmonize the uneven balance I stand on…the way your passiveness responds to my aggressive nature…how your need to nurture corresponds to my need to protect.” YunHo stared into JaeJoong’s eyes, to him no one existed besides the two of them. “And after what we have endured together, I know that no matter what happens…you will always be there for me as I will always be there for you…I’m never letting you go. I love you JaeJoong…”

The words sent a wave of adrenaline and passion coursing through JaeJoong’s veins, sending him the confidence he needed to speak from his heart. “Honestly YunHo, there are no simple words for me to express how I feel about you because what I feel is physical, emotional and spiritual.” His confidence enhanced making his voice louder and clearer. “You’re the fresh air I breathe, you’re the new life that I once desired yet now have, that new loving sensation in my heart that makes me embrace myself and giggle until I’m red in the face…you’re that reoccurring dream that I never want to wake from because I don’t want to wait for tomorrow night to see you again.” He smiled as he stared into YunHo’s black orbs, “You are my angel, my light, the one I will always stand with and be there to catch every time you fall…because I love you too YunHo.”

To JaeJoong, the words did not sound as poetic and significant to him as YunHo’s had; however, to everyone else they were as memorable and were able to cause even the most masculine man to cry.

SeokCheon took hold of JaeJoong’s left hand and YunHo’s right hand, lacing them together before binding them with a white satin cloth. “I now forever bind these two…allowing them to spend their entire wake as eternal lovers.” He untied the cloth and nudged them together, “You may now kiss your companion.”

The two did not need to be told twice, in a split second, their lips were locked in a deep fervent and much desired kiss. A kiss their declared words to one another had created.

“YunHo Appa! JaeJoong Omma!” MinHyun and JaeYoung exclaimed interrupting the love struck couple. “Is it over now JaeJoong Omma? Can we eat now?” MinHyun asked as he wrapped his arms around JaeJoong’s legs and stared up at the male.

“Absolutely kiddo.” JaeJoong smiled as he hoisted the child up on his hip all the while watching as YunHo did the same to JaeYoung. “Are you hungry too, Young?” The youngest child nodded eagerly before resting his head comfortably on YunHo’s shoulder.

“JaeJoong Omma.” In response to him name, JaeJoong looked at the child in his arms. “I’m happy.”

JaeJoong smiled as he pressed his forehead against the child’s. “I am too.”

“I love you.” MinHyun replied, mimicking JaeYoung’s previous action. “You and Appa.”

“Me too! I love YunHo Appa and Appa too!” JaeYoung exclaimed.

“We love you both too.” The fathers’ replied in unison, smiles creasing their lips.

Everyone smiled at the new family before them, it was truly a heartfelt sight to witness.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________