Engagement Announcement

A Father's Love

As it turned out, much to YunHo and JaeJoong’s surprise, some of their friends had actually already been friend and required no introduction. EunHyuk and SungMin were childhood friend, KiBum and DongHae once had a relationship in college, a confession that really pissed EunHyuk and ChangMin off, and YunHo and SiWon were close friends due to their Taekwondo classes. Need-less-to say, YunHo and JaeJoong were surprised to know they were so close to one another when it came to their friends.

“Should he be playing while his arm is in a cast? What if he injures his arm again?” LeeTeuk questioned as he watched JaeYoung and MinHyun run around the backyard chasing after TaePung the Siberian husky puppy and the new member of the family Vick, a two month old brown eyed, light tan colored male Great Pyrenees puppy.

“He’ll be fine, he knows not to play to rough.” JaeJoong assured as he placed the two tier cake LeeTeuk brought into the fridge before aligning a large serving dish with different tropical fruits. “As ChangMin always says, ‘JaeYoung may be accident prone, but he is completely pain tolerant.’”

LeeTeuk chuckled to himself, ChangMin had been right when he said that. “Is that your way of saying I need to stop worrying so much?”

“Absolutely not, I think its good you worry as much as I do.” He turned to face LeeTeuk with a smile plastered on his face, “At least I know he’ll be safe when he’s with you.” Honored by what his friend said, LeeTeuk smiled in admiration.

“Yah! What the hell are you two doing in here when the get-together is outside?” HeeChul replied upon entering the kitchen for a bottle for water. “YunHo is looking for you Jae and KangIn is looking for you.” He pointed to LeeTeuk before a sardonic devious smirk crease the side of his lip as he teasingly replied, “Oh! And JaeJoong, YunHo is a very desirable man whom I would love to have fall into my bed...if anything were to happen between SeungHyun and I of course”

“You would do nothing of the sort, you and SeungHyun will always be together.” JaeJoong retorted, lifting the serving tray and began following HeeChul out to the backyard with LeeTeuk in tow.

“Appa!” JaeYoung exclaimed as he ran up to his father with his puppy in his hands. “Appa, can I feed Vick? I don’t think he’s eaten today.”

JaeJoong smiled and tousled his son’s hair. “Of course, just don’t feed him too much or make a mess.” Like the obedient child he was, JaeYoung nodded before calling for MinHyun and hurrying inside. JaeJoong shook his head in amusement. “I still can’t believe SungMin got him a puppy.” Now, he’d be lying if he said he did not love the puppy; because he did, he just was not sure how he and YunHo were going to take care of two dogs, two children and themselves all in one house.It was chaotic to even think about.

“There you are Jae, I was looking for you.” YunHo replied coming up to JaeJoong and landing a playful little kisses on his lips.

“You must not have been looking hard enough.” The feminine male passed the serving tray over to YunHo indicating where his whereabouts had been. “And do note, you will have to be cautious around my dear friend HeeChul,” JaeJoong looked from YunHo to said friend whom was looking at him as well, that same derisive devious smirk from before appeared across his lips. “He seems to be quite fond of you.” JaeJoong teased.

YunHo looked to whom his lover was staring at then back. “I prefer you to any other, so you have nothing to worry about.” He kissed JaeJoong’s lips again, “I’m always yours, remember?”

JaeJoong beamed. “I do.”

“Good.” He placed yet another kiss on the other’s lips. “So, do we tell them now? Because the others are starting to ask questions.”

“What others?” JaeJoong creased his eyebrows.

“Just to name a few? YooChun, JunSu, ChangMin, SungMin and EunHyuk.” YunHo listed off with ease. “It’s rather annoying if you ask me.”

Being the comforting lover his is, JaeJoong patted YunHo’s chest in assertion. “Well, stick to it a little longer, I don’t want them to know just yet…make them suffer a bit.”

This time, YunHo pecked JaeJoong's cheek. “Fine by me.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

An hour had passed since then and the entire group had split up. JaeJoong, and the rest of the submissive males were in the kitchen finishing up the dinner while the dominates hung about in the backyard with the kids whom they are supposed to be watching. “I really am happy for you and JaeJoong both, but you got to promise you’ll treat him with respect.” KangIn replied leaning back in the lawn chair he sat in. “I don’t want to have to kick your , I actually like you.”

“Of course I will, he and JaeYoung both.” YunHo vowed before chuckling, “And you couldn’t possibly kick my , JaeJoong wouldn’t allow that.” From the way they spoke to one another, it was hard to believe they had actually just met.

“That maybe true, but I could still try.” Everyone let out a concise chuckle.

Once the laughter died down, YooChun was the first to ask, “What is this get-together really about Yun, you and JaeJoong are hiding something and we all want to know what it is.”

“I’m not obligated to answer at the moment, JaeJoong doesn’t want anyone to know just yet.” He shook his head and smiled at the agitated groans the others made. “I’m sorry, but it’s his decision to tell or not.”

“Spoken like a true man who loves the one he is with.” SiWon acknowledged and YunHo nodded. He truly did love the one he was with.

ChangMin rubbed his abdomen. “Jesus, when are they going to be ready with dinner? I’m—Kim, JaeYoung! Get out of that tree!” He leapt from his chair and hurried over to the said child who was about to jump out of a tree and onto MinHyun.

“You and JaeJoong sure have your hands full, those boys are adrenaline junkies, dangerous ones at that.” SeungHyun commented as he watched JaeYoung and MinHyun latched onto ChangMin’s legs, trying to knock him down. “JaeYoung sure does love playing with MinHyun.”

YunHo chuckled and shook his head. “You have no idea, Where ever JaeYoung is, MinHyun is and vise versa. I think they’re actually closer than any blood related brothers.” He glanced over to YooChun. “And I know how that is.”

“...What if he and JaeYoung ended up together?” DongHae questioned causing every male near him to stop what they were doing and look at him as if he were crazy. “What? It’s just a question!” The looks shifted to looks of disapproval. “Oh come on, you can’t say you weren’t thinking it too!”

“Yeah, but we weren’t going to say anything!” KyuHyun muttered as he shifted in his seat. “It’s uncomfortable to even think about.”

YeSung stared inside his beer bottle before in a deep breath and replying, “Better start now because it looks like it could happen.”

“…I doubt that.” YooChun and YunHo muttered in unison. They all fell into an awkward silence, a silence that was not helping them with their current situation. The only clatter was that of JaeYoung, MinHyun and ChangMin watching the puppies wrestle one another. They needed a better distraction…and fast.

“Whose hungry!” SungMin exclaimed happily from the backdoor. Sighs of relive were clearly escaping all of the males. “It’s hot and ready for you!” As he ushered each one in, he stopped YunHo briefly, whispering in his ear. “JaeJoong made the right choice when he picked you.” The overly zealous look on his face made him wonder if JaeJoong had told him.

He doubted that.

“We both did.” YunHo agreed.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Everyone gathered around the table, inhaling the aromatic food filtering the air. “Man, this looks delicious.” ChangMin mumbled as he sat JaeYoung next to him and MinHyun next to YooChun, upon the child, since neither one of them could sit next to their fathers at the head of the table. “Omma, Cousin Bummie and the others did an excellent job didn’t they?” JaeYoung nodded earning a lot of ‘awes’.

JaeJoong covered YunHo’s had with his own and leaned towards him, whispering in his ear, “It’s time to tell them now.” YunHo nodded and the two stood from the table receiving questionable looks from their friends.

YunHo decided to began due to the apprehension he could sense emitting from JaeJoong. “Uh...well...Some or all of you wanted to know what the reason behind the get-together was, and were even upset because I refused to tell.” He looked over to JaeJoong and chuckled, “I’m actually surprised they didn’t asked MinHyun or JaeYoung.”

“As am I.” JaeJoong looked at their now completely confused friends and smiled. “I decided it was best if you all knew at once rather than at individual times.” He in a deep breath before letting it out, allowing his bangs to flutter. “YunHo and I are engaged, we have been for three days now.”

The room filled with gasps from the passive males. “Congratulations you two! You two deserve this!!” LeeTeuk smiled.

“Thank you.” They replied back in unison.

HeeChul was the first one to run to JaeJoong to scope out the ring. He jerked the male’s left hand and yet another more high pitched squeal escaped. “This is lovely! Not only is YunHo attractive, he has great taste too. Can we change partners?” SeungHyun snorted out of jealousy even though he knew his lover was kidding...he'll get him later. “I’m only joking, I really am happy for the both of you though.”

YooChun stood and first pulled YunHo into an embrace. “Congratulations Yun.” He pulled back and hugged JaeJoong. “You better take good care of my brother and nephew, understand?” He pulled back to reveal an affectionate smile.

“Always.” JaeJoong vowed before being pulled into a hug by JunSu, SungMin and RyeoWook, the emotional trio. “Thanks you three, I appreciated.” He replied already knowing what they were trying to say without having to.

“Congratulations.” KiBum replied with a warm smile, “It’s not was I was expecting, but it’s close.”

“What made the two of you to decide to get married?” ChangMin asked, JaeJoong and YunHo would have thought he would be the most upset due to his disapproval from them dating in the beginning yet instead ChangMin was pleased, excited even.

“After what we’ve been through together, giving each other support, it was the only choice.” YunHo chuckled for the nth time today. “No way you go through that with someone only to have it end.” He looked at JaeJoong and took his hand, giving it a tight squeeze. “That’s what made me fall in love with him, realizing he was with me to the end…that and your looks.”

JaeJoong rolled his eyes at YunHo’s end joke. “It was the same for me too…YunnieBear.”

“You seriously can’t come up with a better nickname?” YunHo pouted.

“Nope, I think it’s cute.”

YunHo sighed, feeling defeated. “Fine.” JaeJoong laughed and kissed YunHo’s lips.

“Hey, I know this is ruining your blissful moment, but can we eat? The kids and DongHae have already gotten started.” ChangMin replied pointed to the male stuffing his face and the kids.

“Oh! Of course!” YunHo replied, completely forgetting they were actually having dinner. He and JaeJoong took a seat, both looking at one another with amorous eyes. “I love you BooJae.”

“I love you too YunnieBear.”

“You know the nickname is going to take some getting used to.”

“We have our whole lives.”
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________