I Won't Let You Win

Love Me or Hate Me

It had been one month since the filming of Young Mi's music video. News was buzzing of a hot, new artist debuting this month. Everyone was anticipating this newcomer's debut, especially since Yong Guk had said in an interview how amazing she was. 

 

Hyori on the other hand wasn't so thrilled. A newcomer meant a new rival. But, Hyori wasn't going to lose so easily. She had also announced her comeback scheduled this month.

 

>oOo<

 

"Ugh! She's trying to ruin my chances of becoming famous." Young Mi plopped herself onto the leather sofa and sighed.

 

"Don't worry. You'll debut as planned and become famous in no time. You have more talent than her." Yong Guk handed her a bottle water and sat next to her.

 

"Imagine everyone's face when they see that the hot newcomer actually looks like little miss popular." Young Mi smirked.

 

"That's actually gonna be a problem though." Young Mi glared at him. "The media is going to question your relationship with her and you can't tell them your her sister." 

 

"And why not?" Yong Guk looked at her, warning her to calm down. These days, Young Mi seemed very hyper. She was just excited for her debut.

 

"We can't forget the power Hyori has in the entertainment world. You haven't even debuted yet. If you tell everyone the truth, Hyori will just turn it against you. She'll deny it and her fans will began to accuse you of trying to bring her down." Young Mi puffed her cheeks. "But don't worry. Your talents will surely gain you many fans, and you'll become just as famous as Hyori."

 

Young Mi just shrugged and the tv. Her video was about to play and she sat up straight. Although it was never her dream to become a singer, Young Mi was pretty excited. Yong Guk just shook his head and chuckled.

 

Meanwhile...

 

Hyori walked into her living room and sat in her usual seat. She the television and crossed her legs.

 

"Let's see if this newcomer is worth my efforts." 

 

The video began to play and at first Hyori wasn't very impressed. She thought the actress was the singer and didn't feel she had to worry. 

 

"The girl isn't that pretty and the song is way too slow." Hyori was about to turn off the tv until she Young Mi.

 

Her eyes grew wide as she watched her sister play the piano and Yong Guk rap. Hyori was in shock.

 

"N-No. NOOOO! What is she doing?! Why is Yong Guk-" Hyori was slowly losing it. She could tell Young Mi's vocals were better than hers and the song wasn't terrible, it was better than anything she had ever sang.

 

Hyori fell to the floor on her knees and her mascara was running. Black streaks covered her cheeks, and her eyes were red. Hyori gripped onto the control and looked up at her television.

 

"I'm not going to let you beat me. There's no way in hell I'm going to let you win!"