A Broken Heart

Love Me or Hate Me

Zelo pressed his ear against the door. Something was going on outside and he was dying to know what was happening.

 

"Master Zelo, it's not a good idea to stand near the door." He pouted at Sulli, who seemed unfazed. But, she was actually quite worried. If he saw what was happening..... if he knew why the guards were in such a panic..... he would definitely hate her.

 

"Aren't you curious on what's going on out there? I haven't been out of this room since I was brought here. I need some sort of entertainment." Sulli frowned, a little disappointed, thinking Zelo was bored with being with her.

 

"CATCH HER!!" Zelo's eyes widened. He furrowed his brows and looked at Sulli. He definitely wasn't the only one being held hostage here.

 

"There's... someone else here?" Sulli began to panic. She nodded her head, hoping he wouldn't ask anymore questions. He appeared to more intrigued. "Really? Have you seen her? What's she like? Do you know why she's here?" Sulli shook her head, feeling more nervous. "Since the guards are too busy trying to catch her, why don't we open the door a little and take a peek?"

 

Zelo smirked and reached for the door knob. He pushed the door slightly, but accidently opened it a bit too wide. Sulli's eyes widened as she saw who ran past them. She wasn't hard to miss. Her blue hair was too recognizable. Sulli stared at the back of Zelo and watched as he slowly closed the door.

 

His back was still facing her. "Master Zelo? Are you alright?" She tried to stay calm. Still no response. "Mas-"

 

"That was Young Mi!" He turned around, smiling with glee. Sulli blinked her eyes at his reaction. "She was here... and she's escaped! I'm so relieved..." Sulli gulped, relieved herself that he didn't suspect anything. "Isn't this great? But... I wish I could escape with her. I wonder if she knew I was here." Sulli looked at him. She knew how important Young Mi was to him. She was his savior. He must've felt so disappointed that Young Mi didn't notice him.

 

"P-probably not. Donghae likes to keep secrets from everyone." Zelo made an 'o' shape with his mouth and nodded his head.

 

"Makes sense." He walked back to the bed and went underneath the sheets. Sulli followed right behind and sat in her usual spot, the chair right beside the bed. Zelo had insisted her to be near him, so he wouldn't feel lonely. 

 

He always appeared to be optimistic and cheerful even under his circumstances. Sulli hated him for that. She was jealous of him. He had the one thing she had always wanted. Hope.

 

But, eventually, she found herself more attracted to him. Sulli tried to shake off those feelings. In the end, she admitted to herself that there was no way she could hide her true feelings.

 

Fortunately for her, Zelo felt the same. Their relationship was definitely a strange one, but being with each other was good enough for them. They just needed each other to survive this hell hole.

 

Zelo eventually fell asleep, and Sulli kissed his forehead before leaving the room. Now, it was time to have the annual 'meeting'. But, a sneaky little boy who was supposed to be sleeping, secretly followed her.

 

>oOo<

 

All the 'maids' and guards stood silent, in a straight line. Donghae looked at all of them. 

 

"As we all know, Mimi has escaped. And you're all probably terrified right now, right? Well, don't be. It isn't any of your faults, but mine." Donghae smiled innocently, only causing them to become more nervous. "So, for mistake, I'll be rewarding all of you." They looked at one another, confused. "You're all going to have a break from this whole 'maid-guard' job." A few gasped and a few tried to hold in their tears.

 

Most of these guards and maids were originally 'stars' in Donghae's videos. Imagine how happy they were when they were picked them to be maids and simple guards. No more forced , being humiliated, and tortured. Just cleaning and guarding. But, if they were to have a 'break' that only meant one thing.

 

They were going to be part of another film, no questions asked. Sulli bit her lip. She hadn't done a film since she was assigned to be Zelo's maid. She wasn't ready and no that she was in a relationship with Zelo, that just made it worse.

 

They all walked in a straight line, toward the basement, Donghae's filming studio. Sulli was quickly grabbed by Donghae and she yelped at his sudden action. "And where do you think you're going?" Sulli furrowed her brows. "You have a job. And that's to keep my baby brother company." Donghae released her and she quickly walked toward Zelo's room.

 

Her heart was pounding as she stood in front of the door. Sulli watched her hands shake as she reached for the door knob. Once again, Zelo had unknowingly saved her. A small smile appeared on her face and she opened the door, ready to see him sleeping peacefully.

 

Sulli's eyes widened. He sat there, near the window, just like Young Mi. Completely shattered. She closed the door behind her and stared at him. "Master Zel-"

 

"You knew." Tears began to form in her eyes. This was it. The moment she knew was bound to happen. He didn't look at her. The room was dark and only the light from the moon lit the room. But, she could still see his face. He was emotionless.

 

"Zelo. I-I-" She found it hard to let words out of . She could hardly breathe. Zelo still remained emotionless. "I'm sorry. I'm really sorry." Sulli began to cry, not able to contain the guilt she had. 

 

Zelo closed his eyes for a bit and took a deep breath. "You knew.. how important she was to me. You knew.. that she was here. You saw more her more than once, didn't you?" Sulli nodded her head, even though he wasn't looking at her. But, he already knew the answer. "And you didn't tell her I was here? My friends... hyung.... I haven't seen them in months. Young Mi tried to save me and she got captured. She had to deal with my, no, that psychopath just so she could save me.... and you didn't tell her that I was right next door. Why? Why didn't you tell her? Why... why didn't you tell me?" 

 

Sulli could've told him that it was because Donghae ordered her not to. Although it was true, it was also a lie. She knew that as soon as Young Mi knew that Zelo was right next door, they would escape together. No, that can't happen. He can't leave her alone here. She would die without him. Sulli was being selfish, only thinking of herself.

 

"I didn't want you to leave." Zelo turned his head and Sulli shivered at his expression. It was one she had never seen before. His angry face. He stood up, looking furious and approached her.

 

"We could've escaped! Together! All three of us!" Sulli wiped her tears. There's no way she could escape from here. 

 

"And then what?! You have a life to get back to! Friends! Me... I have nothing to go back to.... Nothing... I belong here." Zelo was pained by her words. He rested his head on her shoulder, holding onto her hands. 

 

He didn't want her to see him cry. For what he was about to do, was going to break both their hearts.

 

"We can't- we can't do this anymore." Sulli shook her head. "I need to get out of here and I'm leaving with... or without you." He faced her and saw that she wasn't looking at him but at the ground.

 

"I'm... staying here." 

 

 

--------------

I've realized how dramatic this has become LOL hope you're liking the story so far :)