Past Life

Love Me or Hate Me

Young Mi made coffee for Yong Guk and sat in front of him. He stared at her causing her to blush.

"Y-yah.Stop staring." She took a sip of her coffee.

"Sorry.It's just. . . compared to right now. . . you were so different. You just shot those guys and beat them up. Where did you even learn to do that?" Yong Guk leaned in closer. Young Mi pushed his face away and giggled.

"Yah! You're in my personal bubble." She giggled and Yong Guk was just dumbfounded. Young Mi sighed and placed her cup down.

"What you saw earlier, was me in the past. I want to get away from past. But, it's not that simple." Yong Guk raised an eyebrow.

"What are you? A gang member? Daughter to the head mobster?" Young Mi stared at him.

"Stupid, this isn't The Godfather."

"Well, are you going to tell me or what?" Young Mi roller her eyes. But, she looked at Yong Guk seriously. 

"I haven't been completely truthful." Yong Guk scoffed.

"Obviously." Young Mi stuck her tongue out.

"Shut up. Anyway, I told you how I had to find a job in the city after my father went to an elderly home. I couldn't find any work. No one was going to hire a girl from the countryside who only knew how to plant seeds. I was useless." Yong Guk nodded his head.

"So how did you end. . . being whatever you are?" Young Mi chuckled. 

"I'm getting to that part. I was basically homeless for a few months, but a man told me he could give me work. I took his offer." Yong Guk's eyes grew wide and he thought about all the horrible things Young Mi had to do. 

"Yah! Don't come to conclusions. Like what you're thinking right now, I thought the same at the time. I thought my last option was to sell my body. As, I was being observed by him, he noticed my hands and arms. He told me I more potential. So, he brought into a room full of men." Yong Guk's eyes grew wide again.

"Yah! Would you stop coming to conclusions!? Aish. I didn't have with anyone. It was all so sudden, but they pulled out weapons and were going to beat me up. I didn't know why, but I wasn't just going to sit there and be beaten. I fought back. Only two guys survived." Young Mi smirked. But, she quickly frowned.

"He told me that I wasn't going to be like the other girls. I was special. I was going to be his personal bodyguard. He trained me to become an assassin." Young Mi looked up and Yong Guk was dumbfounded.

"An assassin? Like ninja assassin?" Young Mi rolled her eyes.

"No, basically my job was to kill any other sellers. They were competition and he didn't like anyone getting in his way of earning more money. But, because I was skilled, he knew I couldn't just work for free. The money I earned from ..... yea.... it went to my dad. At first I was skeptical, but I made sure the money was sent there."

"You could kill a room filled of armed men. Why didn't you just leave?" Young Mi looked into her coffee cup.

"Like I said before. I couldn't find work. That was all I knew how to do. I only knew how to kill. If I left, there would be no money for my dad." Yong Guk nodded. He was so absorbed in the story.

"So, how did you end up getting out?" Young Mi smiled and tears were forming in her eyes.

"My dad died of natural causes. I had nothing to live for anymore. It was the perfect time to leave. But, of course, he wasn't about to let me go. Ever since, he's been trying to get back at me. That car that was about to run over me, it was sent by him. If I'm injured, I'll be easier to kill. That means he won't have to hide anymore." Young Mi clenched her fists.

"It's all because of her. It's all her fault. She made me suffer all this.." Yong Guk placed his hand over hers. She relaxed a bit.

"I don't know how we can get revenge while avoiding this guy, but I'll make sure you won't get hurt." Young Mi blushed and slid her hand away from his. She took a sip of her coffee and looked away.

"T-thank you." They continued to drink their coffee and stare at random objects.

 

 

 

 

I'm like so tired right now I don't even know what I'm writing anymore LOLOLOL soo I guess I turned Young Mi into a gangster . . .yeaup that's right . . . LOOOOL oh my mind isn't functioning well right now. LOLOL hopefully after a nice sleep, I can figure out a way to make this better