This Is All I Can Do

Love Me or Hate Me

Young Mi smirked as she stared at the cup of wine. She had a few too many glasses. As she was about to take another sip, Yong Guk took the glass out of her hand. She pouted, hoping he would give it back to her.

 

"Drinking isn't going to solve anything." She rolled her eyes and scooted away when he sat down beside her. "I know you're concerned about Zelo...and Hyori. But, do you really think we can just go and save them?"

 

"Yes! We can just fight off all those douches and get them out of there!" Yong Guk stared at her. She was really worried. He had never seen her like this before. Was Donghae really that bad? What could he possibly do to them to make her worry like this? "I-I just don't want-" Young Mi, for the first time, broke down. She was completely vulnerable right now.

 

Yong Guk didn't know what to do. Should he hug her? Should her tell her everything was going to be alright? No. Because that would be a lie. He didn't know if anything was going to be alright. He has no idea who he is dealing with. 

 

​Yong Guk kept his distance from her. He didn't want to make her upset any further. But, honestly, she wanted him to lie. She wanted to hear those words. She wanted to at least know someone was there to tell her everything was going to be alright. 

 

Hours passed, and Young Mi had cried herself to sleep. Yong Guk had also dozed off. His eyes opened as soon as sunlight passed through the windows. He looked to his side and saw that she was there. Her head resting on his shoulder and slightly opened.

 

​His eyes couldn't look away. Her innocent state was just so hypnotizing. She was usually a tough girl, but last night that was different. For once, she was an ordinary girl. She was afraid of something. 

 

​But, Yong Guk didn't want that. He wanted the real Young Mi. Not this scared little girl. That wasn't who she was. And he knew that. She was much stronger than that.

 

 

>oOo<

 

"My, my. How did you know I was here?" Donghae smiled, amused that Yong Guk was standing right in front of him. He wasn't expecting him at all.

 

"It's obvious you would be here. You're not the type of person to go back and hide." Donghae smirked. They were in the old library once again. Just them.

 

"So, what can I do for you?" Yong Guk scowled. They both knew why he was there and Yong Guk didn't want to play any games. He was serious right now.

 

"Where's Zelo and Hyori?" Donghae shrugged. Yong Guk clenched his fists. "Where. Are. They?" Donghae smiled, more amused now.

 

"How about I make you a deal, Yong Guk?" Yong Guk raised an eyebrow. 

 

"What kind of deal?" Donghae approached him and reached into his pocket. He took out his cellphone and Yong Guk looked at the screen. There they were. Zelo and Hyori in the same room. He sighed. They appeared to be okay. 

 

"Don't be too relieved now. I can make them suffer with one single phone call. Now here's my deal. I'll guarantee they're safe return if.." Yong Guk furrowed his brows. Donghae smirked and turned his back to him. "If you give Young Mi to me." Yong Guk scoffed.

 

"There's no way I-"

 

"I'm not done yet. We both know that for those two, she would gladly take their places. But, what fun is that? If she just volunteers, there's a 100% chance she would just escape later. Do you know how troublesome that is for me?" Yong Guk took a deep breath.

 

"What do you want me to do?" Donghae turned around, showing his happy face.

 

"I want you to break her heart. Tell her that you want Hyori." Yong Guk's eyes widened. He didn't quite get it, but he couldn't break Young Mi's heart. Anything but that.

 

"Tell her that we made a deal. Hyori or her. And obviously you'll pick Hyori over her. I'll release Zelo later on, but don't worry he'll be safe." 

 

"I'm not quite understanding-" Donghae sighed.

 

"Don't be so thick headed. Young Mi...loves you." Donghae cringed at his statement. "If you tell her that you love Hyori and choose to save her, she'll understand. But, if you tell her that she has to take her place....well she'll just lose it. She'll hate you. Isn't that great?" Yong Guk was angry. He couldn't do that. "And if you don't....well let's just say those two will have a fate worse than death. Do you want to know what kind of business I do?" 

 

Yong Guk's palms were beginning to sweat. Donghae took out a dvd case from an old librarian's desk. His eyes widened as he looked at the cover. His eyes quickly averted to Donghae, who was just smiling while holding that disgusting thing.

 

"A lot of my customers are fans of Hyori. Imagine how many copies I could sell. And Zelo might be a boy, but there are people interested in-"

 

"SHUT YOUR ING MOUTH!" Donghae took a step back and smirked. Yong Guk was panting, disgusted with what he was hearing. "Fine." Donghae raised an eyebrow. "I agree. I'll do as you say."

 

"Good! I'm happy you made the right decision. But, there's more." Yong Guk's jaw dropped. What more could there be? "After Hyori is with you...you'll perform the song with her. You know? Young Mi's song. Tell Hyori you love her. Then announce you're relationship. And here comes the best part. I want you to film each other having ." Donghae innocently smiled. You would be amazed all of this was coming out of his mouth.

 

"Why?!" Dongahe just smiled.

 

"Because if you don't....all of your friends will suffer. And I'll make sure Young Mi is there to witness it."

 

 

>oOo<

 

"Where have you been?! I was so worried....." Young Guk stared at Young Mi. Her eyes were red. She smelled like alcohol. She was a mess. "Yong Guk?"

 

"I asked for Donghae...to release Hyori. I realized that...I had fallen in love with her again." Young Mi's eyes widened. If you could, you would hear her hurt breaking. She took a deep breath and slowly nodded her head. Yong Guk furrowed his brows. He knew she was hurt because he was also. 

 

Two men stood near the doorway. Young Mi just looked at Yong Guk. He couldn't look at her. He didn't want to. If he did, he might ruin the plan.

 

"He said the only way I could get her back....was if I gave you to him." Now she knew what was happening. They were there to take her...and Yong Guk was just going to stand and watch. Her legs were shaking. Tears rolled down her cheeks. They walked toward her and grabbed her. 

 

She didn't fight back. It was if her soul had left her body. Nothing made sense right now. Everything was going by so fast. They dragged her and as they passed Yong Guk, she saw that he wasn't even looking at her. 

 

In a soft tone, he could hear her say his name. Yong Guk's eyes widened. But, he didn't turn around. He was doing this for her. For their friends. This was all he could do. Because he loved her.